Vacent Championship leaves Kobe's heart in peices

Vacent Championship leaves Kobe's heart in peices

Postby OG on Thu May 15, 2003 9:33 pm

"What else can I do?, I poured my heart out this season", said a teary eyed Kobe Bryant when a reporter asked him what else he needs to do in the off season to get back to that "championship level".

Pehaps the question would have more sensible if it were what the role-players needed/need to do.

And thats what made Kobe's response so subtly true and emotional. That and the red glassy eyes filled with tears as his heart was being ripped up inside.

Kobe did do everything for that team. He did pour his heart out. Thats backed up by the 13 game streak of 35 points or more and 9 consecutive 40 points or more games. He basicly carried the entire team picking up major slack for shaq and covering for an injury and age depleted team.

But it has been one of the great championship runs in NBA history stopping short of making it possibly the greatest run in NBA history with a 4th championship. (Boston Celtics had not near the competition or grueling scheduel of todays era.) But we shall be back next year...almost certainly with a changed rostor around Shaq and Kobe.

It quiet possibly said it all in one picture when the camera focus tured to derik fisher. His eyes were draining tears as reality was setting in....he may not be back next season. Of course that's just part of it as things will look drasticly different next season.

I would say the most intriuging, albeit heart breaking, part of the final game was the last 4 minutes. It was when Shaquille O'Neil, our superman and poise, left the game. When he left the game it was apparent this run was over....in a blowout. When he sat down, the cape came off and our sence of arrogance sat with him. A champion being de-throned was signaled when the champion Sat in his own grace with not an ounce of emotion, just the look of humility as Shaq actualy seemed to become human.

Some say the best days of Shaq are behind. I SAY HELL NO! The dynasy is not done with the nucleus still firmly intact. Put a strong supporting cast behind Kobe and Shaq and lets get this thing rolling again. Kobe is only going to get better and he will be ready to take the torch from Shaq when called apon. Starting point for motivation, " It feels great to end their(Lakers) run", said a very satisfyed Tim Dunkin. Mabie next year Timmy, you wont have the advantage o around Shaq and Kobe.

It quiet possibly said it all in one picture when the camera focus tured to derik fisher. His eyes were draining tears as reality was setting in....he may not be back next season. Of course that's just part of it as things will look drasticly different next season.

I would say the most intriuging, albeit heart breaking, part of the final game was the last 4 minutes. It was when Shaquille O'Neil, our superman and poise, left the game. When he left the game it was apparent this run was over....in a blowout. When he sat down, the cape came off and our sence of arrogance sat with him. A champion being de-throned was signaled when the champion Sat in his own grace with not an ounce of emotion, just the look of humility as Shaq actualy seemed to become human.

Some say the best days of Shaq are behind. I SAY HELL NO! The dynasy is not done with the nucleus still firmly intact. Put a strong supporting cast behind Kobe and Shaq and lets get this thing rolling again. Kobe is only going to get better and he will be ready to take the torch from Shaq when called apon. Starting point for motivation, " It feels great to end their(Lakers) run", said a very satisfyed Tim Dunkin. Mabie next year Timmy, you wont have the advantage on a supporting cast when the Lakers reload, then we can talk about how great it feels to end you run. Untill then, help your Lakers by continuing to show active support. after trying for a 4th, another single championship may not seem like much, but it could be Kobe's time to win 3 straight on his back, mabie a 4th. The future is bright, keep your heads up guys.
Quoting Shaq on one of his spontainious freestyles durring practices:

"I stay paid niggaaa, I live laid niggaaa, I've been rappen ever since the third grade niggaaa".
OG

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 10:40 pm

Dayam, this is so touching... Sure the dynasty is over this season, but we have many seasons to look forward too... Dayam it hurt a lot when I saw Derek cryin his eyes out as reality set in... Dayam, it was so painful to watch, but as a fan, I endured every second of it, like I have been. But to see them cry in defeat, was so emotional that I even shed tears with them. They played a hella great season, and the best for this organization is coming near. Kobe tired himself out in the offseason to get him to where he is now. He worked so hard, and see seemed like the only one who never wanted to give up, along with a few. But this loss isn't the end of their careers, simply just a look at reality, and that they can't always win. With failure comes success in years to come. Be prepared for a lotta changes, and aquisitions in the offseason. Lakers 4life!
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Lakers Discussion