Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby 432J on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:22 pm

seriously, i love fish but he needs to realize his playing days are over. he's 37 and there is no way he can keep up with the young guns.

the lakers should consider bringing him back as an assistant coach, he's definitely a guy the players can relate to
432J

Postby noobiew on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Love to have Fisher in the lakers, but not as a player playing on the court.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby live and die in LA on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:21 pm

I'll give him another ring sitting at the end of the bench. Acting in a player/coach role. The guy is forever a Laker in my mind, we don't win the 2010 finals against the Celtics without his game 3 performance in the 4th.
live and die in LA

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:23 am

Fish must have found out about our failed trade attempt for a backup 1:

P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby 432J on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:53 am

bruddahmanmatt wrote:Fish must have found out about our failed trade attempt for a backup 1:

:man10:
432J

Postby Alcindor on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:50 pm

• 2011 CBA: If a player is traded and subsequently waived by his new team, he cannot re-sign with his original team for one year following the trade or until July 1 after the last season of the player's contract, whichever is earlier.

Not really interested in Fish but as regards him not being signable until March, wouldn't he be eligible now per this?
Alcindor

Postby purp n gold on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Great find Alcindor... sign Fish in March. DO IT MITCH!!!

I'd actually be against the Lakers acquiring FIsh at this point, he's not built for the regular season. But have him rest & scoop him up just in time for the playoffs? Yes please!!!

I'd take Fish over Glock/Duhon as a backup-backup SG in any playoff situation. I wouldn't be surprised if LA made moves to free a roster spot by the deadline. You want this guy on your squad during the playoffs. No explanation needed!
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby gcclaker on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:38 pm

After the not so rosy trade, Fisher is working out in the Laker facilities with Brown and Kupchak looking on? Hey, anything is possible I suppose. TBH, I don't see him being picked up by any team at all during this upcoming season.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:57 pm

Fish has never been a great basketball player. he has been known as a strong leader, clutch, and someone who isnt afraid of the moment. not a lot of players in the league can say that especially at his age.

If we signed him it wouldn't be for anything but leadership, locker room guy, clutch shots during playoffs (share backup PG minutes with Blake since they're essentially the same and have the same job). thats it.

If we can bring him in at March i say why not. by then we'll know how Blake is doing as backup PG as well as Duhon and the rookies.
Ariza3

Postby alexthegreat on Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:35 am

Alcindor wrote:
• 2011 CBA: If a player is traded and subsequently waived by his new team, he cannot re-sign with his original team for one year following the trade or until July 1 after the last season of the player's contract, whichever is earlier.

Not really interested in Fish but as regards him not being signable until March, wouldn't he be eligible now per this?

Im guessing since Fish was still waived by the Rockets after the trade, part A is still in effect.
alexthegreat

Postby Alcindor on Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:24 am

alexthegreat wrote:
Alcindor wrote:

Im guessing since Fish was still waived by the Rockets after the trade, part A is still in effect.

It's says he can't resign with his original team that waived him, that's the Rockets, not the Lakers. It shouldn't apply based on that and the fact that the purpose of the rule is to prevent wink-wink deals where traded then waived players come right back to their original teams.
Alcindor

Postby lakersStan24 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:25 am

I Think D Fish Would be a Good Bench Guy at 5 to 6 ppg and at vets min 1 mill would be a good deal for both sides.
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby alexthegreat on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:19 am

Alcindor wrote:
alexthegreat wrote:
Alcindor wrote:

It's says he can't resign with his original team that waived him, that's the Rockets, not the Lakers. It shouldn't apply based on that and the fact that the purpose of the rule is to prevent wink-wink deals where traded then waived players come right back to their original teams.

Its say original team, not original team that waived him. How are the Rockets his original team?. His original team in the trade was the Lakers. Thats where he was traded from before being waived. Thats why everybody(including the journalists) keeps saying he cant come back till March. Before the rule change, players would only have to wait a month before coming back to they original team they were traded from(Big Z in 2010). Now they have to wait a whole year or until their original contract is up.
alexthegreat

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion