Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby Tragic on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:32 am

User avatar
Tragic

 
Posts: 7501
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:09 pm

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby intuitivelOve on Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:00 am

LOL
intuitivelOve

 
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:29 am

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:08 am

hey nash dont let fisher corrupt you
User avatar
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel
 
Posts: 20561
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:22 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:16 am

As you say , it's TRAGIC
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6428
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby 432J on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:32 am

:man10:

WHYYYYYY?! just call it a career fish
Image
User avatar
432J

 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Sherbrooke, Quebec

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:36 am

Bring him on as a special assistant.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9920
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby bleed purple n gold on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:47 am

^I'd certainly welcome back Fish as an assistant.
Image

…You take a player getting over 10mill a year and I will make him look like he deserves 2 mill. -Ron Artest
User avatar
bleed purple n gold

 
Posts: 2578
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:05 pm
Location: LA to the BAY

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby SmoothOperator on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:49 am

We need a young backup point guard to limit Nash's minutes.......

Solution: Derek Fisher
younger than nash? check.
backup point guard? check.


:man10:
You can't spell LeBlow Image without ELBOW....
User avatar
SmoothOperator

 
Posts: 1085
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby easyguy on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:56 am

432J wrote::man10:

WHYYYYYY?! just call it a career fish


This.
User avatar
easyguy

 
Posts: 754
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 9:09 pm

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby Center Court on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:09 am

obviously none of the teams looking at him last year after the buyout are still interested (Miami, OKC, SAS). None of the other top playoff teams are looking for him (Mem, Bos, Clippers). And no other playoff teams have been linked to him (Indiana, Bulls, NY, BK, Den, Dal)...

maybe it's time to hang up the uniform for a suit, I'm sure we'd all like the idea of him on our bench as an assistant.
User avatar
Center Court

 
Posts: 3177
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm
Location: @ CL since '04

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby TIME on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:14 am

We should bring Fish back. Then, other than Nash we would have four of the worst PGs in the league on one roster in Blake, Duhon, Morris and Fish.

It would be some kind of record.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9447
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby JSM on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:22 am

Kristina Leahy
Kristina Leahy @KristineLeahy 18 Sep

Caught Derek Fisher talking to Steve Nash today at Lakers facility. Couldn't sign in LA until March, but told he's just working out.

So we don't have to worry until March. Whew!
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94034
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby therealdeal on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:09 am

Derek is seriously one of my favorite players, Lakers, and people of all time. I've defended him vehemently for years.

If it wasn't for Duhon's stupid butt being here, I'd love him back as our 3rd string PG. It'd be weird for him and Blake, but other than that he'd be a great addition. Good locker room guy, great team guy, great LA guy. If we could dump Duhon and Morris and add Fisher would any of you really be against that?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby TIME on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:14 am

therealdeal wrote:Derek is seriously one of my favorite players, Lakers, and people of all time. I've defended him vehemently for years.

If it wasn't for Duhon's stupid butt being here, I'd love him back as our 3rd string PG. It'd be weird for him and Blake, but other than that he'd be a great addition. Good locker room guy, great team guy, great LA guy. If we could dump Duhon and Morris and add Fisher would any of you really be against that?


The thing with Fish is that while he now is a deep bench 3rd string player/mentor at best, he does not see himself that way yet. He still wants to play and compete and he would stew on the bench if he got no minutes.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9447
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby Tobias Funke on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:24 am

I like Fish no doubt, but my heart skipped a beat when I first saw the thread title, and not in a good way.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

- 24
User avatar
Tobias Funke

 
Posts: 5696
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:13 am

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby gcclaker on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:34 am

TIME wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Derek is seriously one of my favorite players, Lakers, and people of all time. I've defended him vehemently for years.

If it wasn't for Duhon's stupid butt being here, I'd love him back as our 3rd string PG. It'd be weird for him and Blake, but other than that he'd be a great addition. Good locker room guy, great team guy, great LA guy. If we could dump Duhon and Morris and add Fisher would any of you really be against that?


The thing with Fish is that while he now is a deep bench 3rd string player/mentor at best, he does not see himself that way yet. He still wants to play and compete and he would stew on the bench if he got no minutes.

The last statement is why he was traded in lieu of Sessions. To Fisher's credit, he did not seem to mind being Westbrook's backup at OKC. In all seriousness, I'd prefer him over Blake.
No siggie...
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15201
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby borri on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:36 am

TIME wrote:We should bring Fish back. Then, other than Nash we would have four of the worst PGs in the league on one roster in Blake, Duhon, Morris and Fish.

It would be some kind of record.


No way man. 04-05 Lakers will always hold that record.

G Tierre Brown
G Chucky Atkins
G Tony Bobbitt

Followed closely by 05-06 squad of Smush, and a bunch of way over the hill SG/G combos in McKie, Jim Jackson and bad players in Sasha and Profit.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8037
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:44 am

We need a young, athletic backup point guard right now. Strong, smart - I'd LOVE a player like Jarrett Jack.

Fish would be 3rd string PG at best.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9920
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby therealdeal on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:53 am

gcclaker wrote:
TIME wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Derek is seriously one of my favorite players, Lakers, and people of all time. I've defended him vehemently for years.

If it wasn't for Duhon's stupid butt being here, I'd love him back as our 3rd string PG. It'd be weird for him and Blake, but other than that he'd be a great addition. Good locker room guy, great team guy, great LA guy. If we could dump Duhon and Morris and add Fisher would any of you really be against that?


The thing with Fish is that while he now is a deep bench 3rd string player/mentor at best, he does not see himself that way yet. He still wants to play and compete and he would stew on the bench if he got no minutes.

The last statement is why he was traded in lieu of Sessions. To Fisher's credit, he did not seem to mind being Westbrook's backup at OKC. In all seriousness, I'd prefer him over Blake.

I know that's why he was traded, and that definitely needed to happen. But he seemed fine in OKC as a backup PG getting limited minutes. I know he's too full of pride right now, but he couldn't even be signed here for a few months anyway.

Say March rolls around and Duhon is packaged away for a pick or something. Would anyone here be against picking him up if he were willing to come?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby therealdeal on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:53 am

lakerfan2 wrote:We need a young, athletic backup point guard right now. Strong, smart - I'd LOVE a player like Jarrett Jack.

Fish would be 3rd string PG at best.

Jarrett isn't all that young actually. Sessions was the perfect fit.

And 3rd string is all I'm saying anyway, I don't want him to be the primary backup by any means.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:24 pm

i say bring him on as an assistant. he can still be that emotional leader from that position and everyone still respects him. im all for that.
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4701
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby KB24 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:01 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:hey nash dont let fisher corrupt you

:man10:
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55536
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:17 pm

Would love to bring Fish back & dump Blake.
lakersin4

 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby karacha on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:08 pm

It's easy: wait until next year, sign him before the playoffs, and play him (as a SG) only if we need a clutch shot, together with Kobe (at the 3) and Nash. Problem solved.

Or sign him as an assistant coach. He has that coach aura around him. :man9:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37461
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Video: Derek Fisher working out with our guys

Postby ThizGuy83 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:23 pm

watchin that short video shows me that fisher and lakers management are on good terms... maybe a job will be in line for fisher soon... but not on the court!!!
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
User avatar
ThizGuy83

 
Posts: 2665
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: SO CAL!!

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.