Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (3 vs 24)

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (29 vs 11)

Postby Finwë on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:34 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I'm surprised people are voting so much for the Gold Medal game. Game 6 was his first NBA title. Doesn't that count for something?

Yes, but winning gold medal > winning a title (IMO)

I disagree. I think the degree of difficulty of winning a title is MUCH greater when you are taking into consideration how stacked where the USA teams Kobe played with... He didn't have to do much, none of the players did, they were so talented and deep.
In this case I voted for the 2008 game because it was Kobe's first gold medal, he took over in the clutch, plus that 2000 finals' series was Kobe's worst championship series (it wasn't that bad, and he was injured, but still).
BUT, if we were talking about any other finals' series where the Lakers won I would vote for the 'chip.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (29 vs 11)

Postby therealdeal on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:51 pm

Finwë wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Finwë wrote:I voted 2008 Olympics. It was such a big deal for Kobe to get that gold medal, and he took over the game when the team needed something in the clutch.
Obviously winning the 'chip in 2000 was huge, but that series wasn't Kobe's best, not by a long shot. Though in his defense, he got injured at the start of Game 2, missed all of Game 3, and was basically limping around for Games 4, 5, and 6. It's amazing that he could squeeze in at least 1 classic Finals performance (the takeover in Game 4).
But still, I'm taking 1st gold medal and crunch time takeover, highlighted by that 3 + the foul.

You sir stole that comment from Youtube. :man10:

I most certainly did. Just the "in his defense" part though. I did write something myself

:man9: :man9: :man9:

I just said that because I had literally JUST finished reading that comment when I posted that video and then I read yours and thought "damn... this sounds familiar".
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40334
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (29 vs 11)

Postby Kou on Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:40 am

Edit - 11.
NBA 2k9 team:

Fisher/Rose/Watson
Bryant/Wells
Lee/Ariza/Walton
Gasol/Yi
Bynum/Zo
User avatar
Kou

 
Posts: 3043
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:22 am

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (29 vs 11)

Postby LakerFan1980 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:36 am

Kobe has had many greatest moments!
WE PAY CASH FOR HOUSES
424-216-8525
User avatar
LakerFan1980

 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:42 pm

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (29 vs 11)

Postby therealdeal on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:00 am

The poll is so close for Round 2, I'm leaving it open another day! The voting right now is:
8 votes for 2000 Game 6 Finals
11 votes for The And One 3 Pointer 2008 Gold Medal Game vs Spain

Come give your opinion and vote for your favorite moment!
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40334
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (29 vs 11)

Postby Juronimo on Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:35 pm

Game 6 2000 finals and it's not even close in my mind. Rings always take precedence to me.
Image

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
User avatar
Juronimo

 
Posts: 6597
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:20 pm
Location: Fist in the air on a quest for justice

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (29 vs 11)

Postby TIME on Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:42 pm

Juronimo wrote:Game 6 2000 finals and it's not even close in my mind. Rings always take precedence to me.


In debates about career greatness the winning argument never comes down to, "Yeah, but how many gold medals did he win?"
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9472
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (29 vs 11)

Postby therealdeal on Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:03 pm

Image
It's tied!
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40334
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (29 vs 11)

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:06 pm

62 in 3 quarters outscoring the entire Dallas Mavericks team. just as ridiculous as the 81 point game imho
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (29 vs 11)

Postby shoe on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:20 pm

Tight one
Image
User avatar
shoe

 
Posts: 5883
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:53 pm
Location: Buffalo, New York

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (17 vs 20)

Postby therealdeal on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:47 pm

In a close win, Kobe's And One Three Pointer in the 2008 Gold Medal Match vs. Spain beat out Game 6 of the 2000 NBA Finals (14-16).

The next match is between 17. Kobe's Dunk on Nash and 20. Kobe's Twelve 3 Pointers in One Game! Go to page 2 for the side-by-side videos and vote for YOUR favorite play!
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40334
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (17 vs 20)

Postby TIME on Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:44 pm

This is a tough one. The 12 threes is awesome because it was an NBA record and Kobe will likely never duplicate it. But I voted for the Nash dunk because it was at a key moment in a playoff game, we were the underdogs and that dunk got me soooo pumped up, it was over Nash who had stolen Kobe's MVP :man12: , and it's my favorite Kobe dunk of all time.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9472
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (17 vs 20)

Postby Kou on Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:54 pm

Went with the three's, was a tough choice, but Kobes had better dunks.
NBA 2k9 team:

Fisher/Rose/Watson
Bryant/Wells
Lee/Ariza/Walton
Gasol/Yi
Bynum/Zo
User avatar
Kou

 
Posts: 3043
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:22 am

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (17 vs 20)

Postby Finwë on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:45 pm

12 3s. NBA record. Another showing of just how unbelievably HOT the dude can get.. Plainly unstoppable.
The dunk was NOICE and it was a key moment, but, as Kou said, Kobe's had better dunks, and one key-yet-not-game-determining play doesn't beat out a record setting performance IMO.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (17 vs 20)

Postby dj vitus on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:54 pm

I voted for the 12 threes. I think it's gonna win the matchup, but it would be sad seeing that dunk get knocked off. The Colorado incident was still fresh in everyone's minds, which led a poster here to caption that dunk, "Eagle County all over your face!!"
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
User avatar
dj vitus

 
Posts: 9441
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Walnut, CA by way of Laaaas Vegas!

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (17 vs 20)

Postby Weezy on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:12 pm

The 12 three's were quite a while back now, so it's not as fresh a memory, but I still had to go with that. The Nash dunk was awesome, because even though it was one play, one moment, Kobe dunked in the face of the guy who IMO stole his MVP that season, so it had a lot of impact. At the time I believe we were actually beating the Suns when we weren't supposed to either so it had that impact as well, but the 12 three pointers was just nuts. Somebody tells Kobe he can't shoot three's, so he goes out and sets the record, it was so fun to watch and it temporarily shut up some haters I knew so that was cool.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (17 vs 20)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:23 pm

Very tough one indeed. That Steve Nash dunk got me out of my feet yelling to the top of my longs "In Your Face" or maybe I was just screaming. But I had to vote for the 12 three's because it was an NBA record, the fact that many NBA fans forget that Kobe has that record, and the fact that it shows again one of Kobe's greatest skills which is is shooting ability and the ability to stay HOT!
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11676
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (17 vs 20)

Postby XXIV on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:50 pm

Voted for the 12 threes in one game. It was close, especially since the Nash dunk was symbolic due to Nash stealing the MVP from Kobe in the eyes of many.
XXIV

 
Posts: 6388
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (2 vs 4)

Postby therealdeal on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:48 pm

Last week's matchup was a little weak in the votes, but the victory was clear: Kobe's 12 Three Pointers in a Single Game won 13-6.

The next matchup is a doozy. We're matching up Kobe's 81 points vs. Kobe's 62 points in 3 quarters vs. the Mavs. This is a great matchup and should spark some great conversation. Remember to vote for your favorite or it may not win!
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40334
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (2 vs 4)

Postby Kou on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Got to go with the 81, which I think is a more impressive performance than Wilts 100. Really tough when its going against 62 in 3 quarters where Kobe outscored the entire Mavericks team.
NBA 2k9 team:

Fisher/Rose/Watson
Bryant/Wells
Lee/Ariza/Walton
Gasol/Yi
Bynum/Zo
User avatar
Kou

 
Posts: 3043
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:22 am

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (2 vs 4)

Postby gcclaker on Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:25 pm

81... Team down by double digits, looking lethargic...then Bryant went all out and did not stop until the buzzer sounded. The first part seems to get overlooked all the time whenever it is discussed.
No siggie...
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15204
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (2 vs 4)

Postby karacha on Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:45 pm

You know which one is going to win. It's inevitable.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37467
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (2 vs 4)

Postby Finwë on Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:07 pm

Oh man, I wish you'd saved one of them for another matchup.. Both were SO incredible, it's very hard to pick one.
I went with the 81 point game just because it was more historic and because he actually brought the team back on his own and ended up blowing the raptors out of the water..
Having said that, outscoring and entire TEAM by himself through 3 quarters is something I'd never seen and don't think I'll ever see again.. Just INSANE. And none of us know how many points he could've ended up with.. The 3rd quarter was a 30 point quarter for him, he could've score more than 81..
Still, 81 points, in today's modern game, with awful teammates and having the other team's entire D focused on you, putting the team on your back and turning a dissapointing loss into a blowout win, UNREAL. The zone he was in, just scorching, blistering, flamethrowing hot.
Last edited by Finwë on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (2 vs 4)

Postby therealdeal on Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:45 pm

It's hard for me because watching that 62 point game live against Dallas I can say that I'm pretty sure he was feeling it more during that 3rd quarter than during that entire 81 point game. That was the hottest I've ever seen Kobe get. He was amazing.

That 81 point game is so special, but that 62 point game... he wanted to embarrass Dallas. And he did.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40334
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Vote your favorite Kobe Moment! pg 2 for updates! (2 vs 4)

Postby nerdox on Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:36 pm

This match-up could've been for the championship.
nerdox

 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:02 am

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kobe8Fan and 11 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.