Wade was surprised LA got Nash

Re: Wade was surprised LA got Nash

Postby John3:16 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:38 am

MadMax wrote:
ben_ready wrote:Everyone has their own opinion, so what, let's just finish putting our squad together. Feel in a couple of holes,get blake out of the rotation yell™

Don't tell me you think the roster is fine the way it is. We still need some Gs. Yo!
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby Congo Cash on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:22 am

^It was supposed to be fill in a couple of holes, I think that was he implying... :man11: :man10:
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby abeer3 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:22 am

i was surprised by the nash signing. most nba fans went nuts about the lakers getting howard, but that wasn't a big deal. they had to give up a 24 year old all star center in the process. nash was a total heist that required phx basically doing him a solid and helping a hated division rival in the process. i was shocked when i saw that.

as for whether it's like miami...agree with others. it also is different given the career arcs of the players involved. it's a lot more like boston in 2008 than miami in 2010.
abeer3

Postby jimbo327 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:40 am

Wade was surprised that someone else can form a super team without players colluding in the background.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby Thenextgreat on Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:52 am

I don't know if this has been discussed somewhere but what if the Paul trade wasn't vetoed...Lakers would most likely have a big 3 of Paul, Kobe and Howard...lost Gasol. Instead they end up with a big 4 or Nash, Kobe, Howard and Gasol. Based on this and how it appears on paper which do you prefer?
Thenextgreat

Postby Fraud on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:07 am

wade is a hypocrite.. same thing as we did in "2010"! His behind is indirectly saying NOT in June, that we ain't up for it YET.

:mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
Fraud

Postby therealdeal on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:45 am

abeer3 wrote:i was surprised by the nash signing. most nba fans went nuts about the lakers getting howard, but that wasn't a big deal. they had to give up a 24 year old all star center in the process. nash was a total heist that required phx basically doing him a solid and helping a hated division rival in the process. i was shocked when i saw that.

as for whether it's like miami...agree with others. it also is different given the career arcs of the players involved. it's a lot more like boston in 2008 than miami in 2010.

Definitely a much fairer comparison. This is a team that has compiled a lot of veterans and a little youth to make a contender. Boston brought together 3 aging stars to make a run. Although there's a little shadiness to the Garnett deal, we heisted Nash so we can't really talk.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:50 am

Thenextgreat wrote:I don't know if this has been discussed somewhere but what if the Paul trade wasn't vetoed...Lakers would most likely have a big 3 of Paul, Kobe and Howard...lost Gasol. Instead they end up with a big 4 or Nash, Kobe, Howard and Gasol. Based on this and how it appears on paper which do you prefer?

It's difficult to say because we would have had such a vastly different team.

I think everything worked out perfectly for LA. Paul/Kobe/Bynum would have been nice, but there's no guarantee we get Howard. Let's say we do though...

Then we've got Paul/Kobe/Howard on the same team. That's a nightmare for any team ever and we've got two of the league's premier players in their prime. In 2 years we're still cleared of major contracts and we've got about 10 million to go find them a running mate. Give them about 2-3 years and the Lakers probably build another Championship team.

However, with the way things worked out I think our team has an equal, if not greater, shot of winning short-term and they have a similar ability to work in the long-term. Considering the Lakers always build for now first and the future second, I think this team worked out well.

Also, remember Chris Paul can still be a Laker if the stars align in 2 years. If not, we can go sign another younger permier PG potentially in John Wall or Brandon Jennings or someone like that.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:07 pm

As much as i like CP3 and that hes the best PG in the league and will end up one of the top in NBA history...i would take Nash & Pau together over just CP3 but that depends on who would end up being our starting PF bc t wouldnt be Odom. I think keeping Pau was huge for us and not sure CP3 + ? is better than Nash + Pau.

CP3 would make one of the best backcourts with him and Kobe. But Pau is key bc him and Dwight can switch on D and still be good and also Pau can play Center really well which is also key.
Ariza3

Postby ben_ready on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Yes fill lol, teachers on Cl ha.

And I always speak of changing the roster. I want barbosa, mcquire,and a capable big who could space the floor and doesn't mind being 3rd string. Yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

Postby lakersStan24 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:53 am

V.V.V.V.V. wrote:Wade is saying all the right things for a good sportsman. It's funny that Pau is left out as if he's chopped liver. We have a big 4, not a big 3.

I know right Pau got over 17 ppg last season no disrespect to Nash but anyone were to be left out I would it be him with 12 ppg and 10 assists a game but anyway We Do HAVE A BIG 4 And People Need to Really start to Reconize that
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby 432J on Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:47 am

therealdeal wrote:It wasn't the same thing you did in 2010. You all put on a tour and made a circus of free agency as if you weren't already all going to Miami. Not to mention all of the shady buyouts and re-signings that Miami pulled off to get those 3.

The Lakers played this one by the rules and won. Class.

this

as far as i know, nash, kobe, and dwight never had a meeting 2-3 years ago and decided to team up and join the lakers in a few years. nash was rarely even part of the rumours about coming to LA and dwight at one point didn't even want to come to LA. nice try mr. wade
432J

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion