I want good competitions

I want good competitions

Postby Laker brain on Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:32 am

I know we are gonna be good next year, I would like for SA to add Kidd and Mourning, that way it'll be a challenge.

Gary Payton vs Jason Kidd- adv. Spurs
Kobe vs Parker- adv. Lakers
George vs Bowen adv. Spurs
Duncan vs Malone adv. Spurs
Shaq vs ZO adv Lakers

LA Bench vs SA bench adv. LA slightly
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:36 am

Why is Duncan in the Lakers category? :freak2:

But we dont even know the status of Mourning yet, he might end up with the Mavs... He's just what they need. I dont think Parker would match up against Kobe, cuz of his size... That's a big mismatch at the same position, but I believe Parker will play backup to J-Kidd... I think Bowen will stay on Kobe, and either Rose will match up against Devean, or maybe Manu will match up against Kobe too...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Laker brain on Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:42 am

I think parker will start at the 2 , because he said he'd rather get traded if he were to come off the bench against the guy that he beat in the finals
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:43 am

Then in that case, I think Kidd will play the 2 spot... Parker is too quick to not play the PG spot. But it doesn't seem right to have both Kidd and Parker to be starters. I still think that Kidd will start over Parker if they do get Kidd. But that's somethin to think about...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby PlayaHateUs on Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:26 am

does it matter? Lakers takin the trophy back to L.A. where it belongs. No matter what other teams do they will not match up well against the Lakers. No ifs ands or buts about it.
PlayaHateUs

Postby Reddy on Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:36 am

PlayaHateUs wrote:does it matter? Lakers takin the trophy back to L.A. where it belongs. No matter what other teams do they will not match up well against the Lakers. No ifs ands or buts about it.

Terricficly put. totaly agree, with a healthy shaq and kobe we already have an excellent chance to win the ring, adding 2 hall of famers, we are guaranteed! :man11:

TEH TROPHY BELONGS IN LOS ANGELES!
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:36 pm

But in another sence, I like talkin about what other teams might do to try and match up against us when the time comes, so we can be prepared.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:41 pm

You guys are forgetting the fact that we'll put Payton on Parker and Kobe on Kidd. Kobe shuts down Jason Kidd every time he defends him and I think we'll just switch those men in our defensive strategy. So I would put advantage Lakers on SG AND PG.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

I want good comp

Postby OJ2 on Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:53 pm

Is'nt it funny that everyone in the media can project problems with the Lakers in regards to Malone and Payton meshing with the rest of the club? But none of these experts(?) has written anything about the possible problems facing the Spurs if they sign Jason Kidd.What problems you ask? #1- How does Parker take this mentally? After all he is only 21(?) He's the man at the point for the NBA champions and he may be asked to take a back seat. Dont even go to him playing along side Kidd...... Remember his shooting vs. the nets? #2-If and when they sign ZO,how sure can they be he will be able to play a complete season? #3- They are in a position where they may lose some key bench players(Claxton and Jackson)which I dont think they can replace overnight. Lastly, dont forget about team chemistry........ You never think about it until you've had it then lose it.
OJ2

Postby lakers frizzo on Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:03 pm

the spurs are over right now and ill tell you why: without d rob they need to get another big man with skill and the only one that fits the bill would be j oneal and he has verbally comitted to return to indiana so thats an axe. Next we have the problem that arises for them if they dedicate their cap space to kidd-why the hell arent they putting kidd on the back burner and trying at all costs to get oneal how old is kidd and they already have a premier pg in parker and when was the last time kidd got hot and knocked down some shots? in the west finals i think the only real chance the spurs have is to get oneal and kidd then they can compete but until then thell get SWEPT with kidd never showing he can be a scorer when the pressure is on especially when they meet up with the lakers with kobe and payton taking parker and kidd out of the game i hope that td can score 50 pts and get 30 rebounds cause if not its over for em
is shaq satisfied with three titles and continuing to blow up to 400 lbs or will he get the other hunger back and get down to 320 and win three more?? GO LAKERS 2004-06 CHAMPS!!!
lakers frizzo

Postby lakers frizzo on Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:08 pm

oh yeah i forgot go lakers!!!!!! and mitch you :jam2: i just want you to remember that after this year we have a chance to get better with the exemptions next year so dont go on vacation and keep the heat on so we can get the fourpeat that eluded us last time and for the bulls twice before that we want a staple that WE ARE THE BETTER TEAM NOT THE 90S BULLS!! we are in a position to do things that havent been done before!!
is shaq satisfied with three titles and continuing to blow up to 400 lbs or will he get the other hunger back and get down to 320 and win three more?? GO LAKERS 2004-06 CHAMPS!!!
lakers frizzo

Return to Lakers Discussion