Bazemore signs with Hawks (p. 12)

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby LakersN4 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:11 pm

We are absolutely stacked with wings now.. Will be very interesting to see how many of these guys we can bring back for cheap next season. If we somehow luck into a star player & get Kobe back playing like Kobe, all of a sudden we'll be a very good team with some of the best depth in the league.
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:45 am

Kent Bazemore actually has a qualifying offer next year of $1,084,293 which I would almost guarantee that we pick up. This is great news, because I think he has great potential

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/2034/kent-bazemore
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11701
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby Barnstable on Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:17 am

I haven't seen Bazemore play in either of these games, but his stats look pretty good.

How does he compare to Manny Harris? Is Bazemore an upgrade?
"league getting mitch-slapped"
User avatar
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 14305
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:01 pm
Location: Queens NY

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby trodgers on Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:08 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:Kent Bazemore actually has a qualifying offer next year of $1,084,293 which I would almost guarantee that we pick up. This is great news, because I think he has great potential

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/2034/kent-bazemore

Qualifying offers make a player a RFA. Other teams can still steal him away if they want to pay more and we don't want to match. I'd be a little surprised if he got more than that money anywhere, but you never know.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:24 am

Barnstable wrote:I haven't seen Bazemore play in either of these games, but his stats look pretty good.

How does he compare to Manny Harris? Is Bazemore an upgrade?


I like Bazemore's potential to be a defensive specialist with bonus offensive skills.

He has good size 6'5 and a freakish 7'0 reach combined with his youth, athleticism, and constant motor, I can see him being a defensive wing we could use off the bench, rather than just another shooter/scorer. He runs the floor very well, a great finisher, and decent longball. If he can develop a little more strength, he may be able to defend some SF's too.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9914
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:10 am

In two games Bazemore has been basically what I thought he'd be and that's a good thing.

Brooks... We'll see.

How obvious is it though that D'Antoni has lost complete control of the situation? :man10: Bazemore and Brooks arrive and suddenly Bazemore is getting more minutes than anybody else. Why is that? Is it because this is an audition and the Lakers want to see if he's worth keeping around? Damn straight. I'm guessing D'Antoni has very little control right now.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby karacha on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:29 am

therealdeal wrote:Bazemore and Brooks arrive and suddenly Bazemore is getting more minutes than anybody else. Why is that? Is it because this is an audition and the Lakers want to see if he's worth keeping around?


Absolutely. These guys are not here to win games now. They are auditioning for a spot. And it's much better to have two young guys competing instead of Steve Blake who is a known factor in this league.

MDA probably doesn't mind this situation, because he does like to play young athletic guys who are willing to chuck shots anyway. If Phil was with the team, Bazemore would be permanently glued to the bench.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37447
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:39 am

karacha wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Bazemore and Brooks arrive and suddenly Bazemore is getting more minutes than anybody else. Why is that? Is it because this is an audition and the Lakers want to see if he's worth keeping around?


Absolutely. These guys are not here to win games now. They are auditioning for a spot. And it's much better to have two young guys competing instead of Steve Blake who is a known factor in this league.

MDA probably doesn't mind this situation, because he does like to play young athletic guys who are willing to chuck shots anyway. If Phil was with the team, Bazemore would be permanently glued to the bench.

Instead Bazemore will be nice and warmed up for when Phil comes this summer. :man1: :man9:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:41 am

I'd like to see Bazemore back if he keeps this up, like TDRL said before this dude use to always light us up everytime we faced him so now he's here. Brooks, is a meh to me unless Young asking price is ridiculously high I'd rather stick with Young, Brooks and Youngs game feel to similar to me. a trio of young, bazemore, x would be an awesome bench of wings.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10461
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:09 am

khmrP wrote: a trio of young, bazemore, x would be an awesome bench of wings.


^^ Agreed. That would be solid.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15212
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:27 am

nay to brooks, he doesn't have a filter in his game. at least with young, he knows what he can and can't do. brooks just seems to force things and his attitude is piss poor.

love swaggyp's attitude and he's a SoCal native. :jam2:
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9914
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby karacha on Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:55 pm

therealdeal wrote:
karacha wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Bazemore and Brooks arrive and suddenly Bazemore is getting more minutes than anybody else. Why is that? Is it because this is an audition and the Lakers want to see if he's worth keeping around?


Absolutely. These guys are not here to win games now. They are auditioning for a spot. And it's much better to have two young guys competing instead of Steve Blake who is a known factor in this league.

MDA probably doesn't mind this situation, because he does like to play young athletic guys who are willing to chuck shots anyway. If Phil was with the team, Bazemore would be permanently glued to the bench.

Instead Bazemore will be nice and warmed up for when Phil comes this summer. :man1: :man9:


Ha! Wishful thinking. But yes, he'll be ready. :man9:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37447
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:43 pm

Barnstable wrote:I haven't seen Bazemore play in either of these games, but his stats look pretty good.

How does he compare to Manny Harris? Is Bazemore an upgrade?


Big upgrade. He can get to the rim/lane really well with either a screen or not. I think Manny Harris may have a better outside shot, but Bazemore has shown the confidence and skill to hit the outside shot.

Watching him play these last two games while with the Lakers the biggest thing that impresses me is his speed and ability to get to the rim. He and Henry has sort of the same game and I know its early but if we had to choose between Henry and Bazemore I would keep Bazemore, but that's just me with everything I have seen these two games and all of the Summer league game this year when Bazemore played really well in them
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11701
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:44 pm

trodgers wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:Kent Bazemore actually has a qualifying offer next year of $1,084,293 which I would almost guarantee that we pick up. This is great news, because I think he has great potential

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/2034/kent-bazemore

Qualifying offers make a player a RFA. Other teams can still steal him away if they want to pay more and we don't want to match. I'd be a little surprised if he got more than that money anywhere, but you never know.

Yeah, your right I also remember hearing when he first got traded that he would be a RFA. Either way, I like what I see early on from him.
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11701
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:22 pm

that option is good news in regards to Bazemore....players who go undrafted or 2nd rders and play above and beyond their expectation tend to keep that "chip on their shoulders"
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10461
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:01 pm

Kent Bazemore used to be known for two things.
He was the guy with the comically over-the-top celebrations on the Golden State Warriors' bench, spinning his arms wildly or punching the air with his fists.
He was also the rookie who found his car filled with popcorn as part of a prank last year.
His basketball life has changed considerably in the span of a week.
Bazemore, 24, keeps getting points and playing time with the Lakers, scoring a career-high 15 on Friday against Boston and upping it two days later with another career high, 17 points against Brooklyn.
It's been a blur for Bazemore, who arrived with MarShon Brooks for Steve Blake in what was considered a salary dump that saved the Lakers about $4 million in player payroll and luxury taxes.
Bazemore has averaged 16 points and 31 minutes in two games with the Lakers, also earning his first career start Sunday.
His one shortcoming was his defense against the Nets, surprising because he arrived with a defense-first reputation. He and Wesley Johnson shared the blame for Paul Pierce scoring 14 first-quarter points. Pierce finished with 25 points, making four of seven from three-point range.
"It's tough," Bazemore acknowledged afterward.
He'll happily take the on-the-job experience. His career averages with Golden State were 2.1 points and 5.1 minutes.
"It's fun playing in the biggest market outside of New York. It's a blast," Bazemore said. "People down here, they don't really like Golden State, so I was kind of nervous about that but they greeted me with open arms. They're cheering me on. You can hear the little claps from the crowd when they call my name."
Undrafted after his senior year at Old Dominion, Bazemore makes $762,195 in his second NBA season and becomes an unrestricted free agent in July.
Bazemore enjoyed his time with the Warriors except for one incident. He was on a treadmill for a post-practice workout while a group of NBA veterans, led by Jarrett Jack and Richard Jefferson, opened gigantic bags of popcorn and dumped them in his car. He had to drive slowly to a nearby car wash to get it detailed.
"I couldn't even move my seats back," he said. "The most frustrating thing ever. They set me up. It was good. The smell was in there four or five months."
He chose not to retaliate. "Those guys have too much money and too much time on their hands. I might come outside to find a hot pink car or something," he said.
It didn't dim his enthusiasm from the end of the Warriors' bench.
Nor did it stop him from interacting heavily with fans on Twitter, retweeting followers' observations or pictures and occasionally honoring their requests.
"Sometimes I'll give away a pair of shoes after the game if a kid will tweet me with, 'Hey, can I get your shoes?'" Bazemore said. "That stuff goes a long way. And at the end of the day, you never know who their parents are. The basketball's going to stop bouncing and I may need a job."


http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketbal ... z2uMVBR3Bx
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby LakersN4 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:31 pm

Lmao I remember the popcorn prank.. Didn't realize that was him.
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby Rooscooter on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:17 pm

LakersN4 wrote:We are absolutely stacked with wings now..


…. In what way?

I see that we have a lot but we still don't have a NBA staring caliber SF on our entire roster unless Kobe is going to fill that slot. Young could be a solid back-up in MDA's offense at the wing on a playoff team but after that we have several cast offs and players with very limited experience and talents.

Of the whole lot I see potential to get better in only X so far. Wes may be playing his last months in the NBA, Young is decent but still erratic and has definitely hit his ceiling Bazemore and Brooks were end of the bench on a good GS team for a reason IMO… a couple games here and they have "stacked" us at the Wing? I'd like to see a little larger sample size myself before saying we're stacked at any position.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23107
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby LakersN4 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:20 pm

Rooscooter wrote:
LakersN4 wrote:We are absolutely stacked with wings now..


…. In what way?

I see that we have a lot but we still don't have a NBA staring caliber SF on our entire roster unless Kobe is going to fill that slot. Young could be a solid back-up in MDA's offense at the wing on a playoff team but after that we have several cast offs and players with very limited experience and talents.

Of the whole lot I see potential to get better in only X so far. Wes may be playing his last months in the NBA, Young is decent but still erratic and has definitely hit his ceiling Bazemore and Brooks were end of the bench on a good GS team for a reason IMO… a couple games here and they have "stacked" us at the Wing? I'd like to see a little larger sample size myself before saying we're stacked at any position.

It's a huge assumption but assuming Kobe comes back & looks good, he'll be eating up most of the minutes at SG or SF. Young would be in the running for the 6th man award if we were a winning team this season. So we have Meeks, X, Brooks, & Bazemore all competing for what amounts to a token starting position over Young where Young will get most of the minutes, & the few minutes Kobe's backup will receive. Brooks still looks extremely raw but at worst we have 3 legit rotation players to fill 2 small roles, & I haven't even mentioned Wes yet.. Kobe & X haven't even returned yet & Wes is already back to only getting burn as a stretch 4. Kobe & Young might be the only starting caliber wings but if we bring all of these guys back, we have 5 backups that all look like they belong in the rotation.
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby The Rock on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:25 pm

3 games played 3 career highs
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19991
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby karacha on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:33 pm

Now they gave Blaze green light to show what he can do -- and our PGs turn into spectators.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37447
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby The Rock on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:34 pm

In all fairness though the Indy PG's are super athletic and are exactly the type that Farmar (hammy) and Marshall can have trouble with.
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19991
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:55 pm

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 19m
Marshall: "not fun" the way LAL have played in last few games, that they were playing more as a team in Jan./early Feb. even through losses.
Expand
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby karacha on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:01 pm

He's right and it's pretty obvious to me. Yes, they were losing games, because they did not have that much talent, and the rotations were strange. But at least they played like a team most of the time. Right now, I don't have a feeling that there are any roles on the team anymore. I'll give credit to Blaze for playing well, of course. He is a young, dynamic player with some potential; But I like when our PGs are actually putting people in the position to score. More traditional basketball, I guess.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37447
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby walah123 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:03 pm

Kent Blazemore scored 23 points while playing a career high 36 minutes.

I rather sign him than go after lance stephenson. kent bazemore can play point guard.
walah123

 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:02 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: LooN3y and 14 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.