Bazemore signs with Hawks (p. 12)

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby walah123 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:24 pm

therealdeal wrote:
walah123 wrote:Oh wait, lance stephenson is a headcase, has attitude problems, and has lingering back problems.

I'd love some evidence of him being a headcase. I'd love some evidence of him having attitude problems. And please point me in the direction of his lingering back problems news.

walah123 wrote:Someone said lance stephenson is an all star? He averaged 8 points last yr.

And that has what to do with this year?
walah123 wrote: This year, he averaged 14 points, 5 assists and 4 rebounds. You call that all star numbers?
In context yes.
walah123 wrote:So the lakers are going to overpay $10 million a yr for these numbers (14 pts., 5 assists) and with a questionable attitude?
Again no proof of questionable attitude.
walah123 wrote:Bazemore just averaged 18 points over three games. I rather sign bazemore at $1 million over a $10 million overpaid guy like lance stephenson.

Your argument is absolutely ridiculous



Stephenson is overrated, eh? The guy who is outperforming Bazemore's career at the same age in every single possible way both statistically and in actual games?

Bazemore is a year older but has one less year of NBA experience because he was undrafted.
Stephenson is in his fourth year of NBA experience and every year he's improved his game in almost every single way.

Bazemore in 3 games is averaging 18.3 points, 2.3 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 2.3 steals in over 33 minutes per game.
Stephenson in 54 games is averaging only 4 less points while taking 3 less shots per game. He's averaging over 2.5 more rebounds. He's averaging almost twice as many assists with LESS turnovers. But hey, Bazemore has him beat on steals since Stephenson is only averaging 0.7 steals per game.

But what makes this argument so absolutely ridiculous is that Bazemore has played only 3 games! And all he's shown is that he might be worth a roster spot as a backup next season! Stephenson should have been an All-Star instead of Joe Johnson. Bazemore isn't in the same stratosphere as Lance Stephenson.

Why would we pass on signing Stephenson... to keep Bazemore? The two are mutually exclusive. Getting Stephenson shouldn't affect our position on Bazemore in the slightest.

walah123 wrote:Yes, lets sign isaiah rider over Eddie Jones.
Great argument.
walah123 wrote:Hahahah. hey guys, hey dude!!! Wahahahaa
Perfect ending.




My argument is ridiculous? Your argument is ridiculous.
You want evidence why lance stephenson was a headcase and has a bad attitude? Do you know why lance stephenson was a second round draft pick and not a first round draft pick?

Go to the internet and research buddy.

You make no sense. There is a reason why mitch traded Blake for bazemore and brooks. it is not for salary savings buddy or shall i say moderator???

I am glad you are just a moderator and not the GM.
walah123

 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:02 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:32 pm

:man10:

another one of those i have no evidence to back my argument posters.

sigh.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9861
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:43 pm

walah123 wrote:My argument is ridiculous? Your argument is ridiculous.
You're an artist at arguing your point.
walah123 wrote:You want evidence why lance stephenson was a headcase and has a bad attitude?
Yes.
walah123 wrote:Do you know why lance stephenson was a second round draft pick and not a first round draft pick?
Oh you mean 4 years ago when he was in college, he had a bad attitude? How has that translated to the far more relevant NBA? Has he had a bad attitude in Indiana? Do his teammates not like him? Do his coaches not like him? Do the fans not like him? Does the Indiana Front Office have a problem with him?

I'll help you out: no they don't. I did the research. Here Here Here.
walah123 wrote:You make no sense.

I make perfect sense.
walah123 wrote:There is a reason why mitch traded Blake for bazemore and brooks.

To see if these players were worth keeping around for a season on cheap contracts while they hunt for their next star(s). That has nothing to do with Stephenson.

walah123 wrote:it is not for salary savings

Agreed.
walah123 wrote:buddy or shall i say moderator???
Sure.
walah123 wrote:I am glad you are just a moderator and not the GM.

I'm not, I'd love that job. But I'll keep myself content by destroying garbage posts like yours on this site. Please, please come up with a legitimate argument and prove me wrong.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40247
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby walah123 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:53 pm

I still think kent bazemore has a lot of talent.

i rest my case, good job moderator. i get you. Have a nice day!
walah123

 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:02 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:25 pm

walah123 wrote:I still think kent bazemore has a lot of talent.

i rest my case, good job moderator. i get you. Have a nice day!

I'm not saying he doesn't, just that he shouldn't be chosen over or instead of Stephenson.

You have yourself a great one. :beer:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40247
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:35 pm

It's cool Kent Bazemore came to visit the forum. Really cool actually. Hey Kent, try passing the ball every once in awhile, to our team preferably. Thanks and keep coming back to the site. :jam2:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19455
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby SK8 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:55 pm

What happened here? :man3:
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
User avatar
SK8

 
Posts: 1501
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:26 am

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:18 pm

^^You need to Blaze more to understand.
Image
User avatar
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 13017
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:38 am
Location: Anywhere Purple & Gold

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby LOUIE04 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:11 pm

Can we ease the tension and try and guess how many shots Kent Shootzmore will chuck tonight? Makes Nick Young look like a PG.
.:jlCobe24:.
User avatar
LOUIE04

 
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:00 pm
Location: (323) Off the 2Fwy

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby Barnstable on Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:24 pm

therealdeal wrote:
walah123 wrote:I still think kent bazemore has a lot of talent.

i rest my case, good job moderator. i get you. Have a nice day!

I'm not saying he doesn't, just that he shouldn't be chosen over or instead of Stephenson.

You have yourself a great one. :beer:

its always cool when you see two people connecting on a forum and develop a life long friendship like this

It's like your souls were looking for one another in the spirit world, and found each other on Earth :jam2:
"league getting mitch-slapped"
User avatar
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 14289
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:01 pm
Location: Queens NY

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:36 pm

Barnstable wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
walah123 wrote:I still think kent bazemore has a lot of talent.

i rest my case, good job moderator. i get you. Have a nice day!

I'm not saying he doesn't, just that he shouldn't be chosen over or instead of Stephenson.

You have yourself a great one. :beer:

its always cool when you see two people connecting on a forum and develop a life long friendship like this

It's like your souls were looking for one another in the spirit world, and found each other on Earth :jam2:



in reality, RealDeal banned the dude
.
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
User avatar
pound4pound1

 
Posts: 6333
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:47 am
Location: 818 LAKER NATION

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby trodgers on Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:43 pm

Stephenson or Bazemore?

Image
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46447
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:23 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:
Barnstable wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
walah123 wrote:I still think kent bazemore has a lot of talent.

i rest my case, good job moderator. i get you. Have a nice day!

I'm not saying he doesn't, just that he shouldn't be chosen over or instead of Stephenson.

You have yourself a great one. :beer:

its always cool when you see two people connecting on a forum and develop a life long friendship like this

It's like your souls were looking for one another in the spirit world, and found each other on Earth :jam2:



in reality, RealDeal banned the dude

:man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40247
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:58 am

Wow Blaze's arms are freaky long for a 6'5' or 6'6" guy. :man4: Another decent game from him against Sac Town and Brooks as well for the minutes he played.
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6333
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby Weezy on Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:05 am

Despite the final score of the game being ridiculous, I'm still impressed with Bazemore's defense, and effort on that end. Me went from not playing in GS, to guarding a player like Rudy Gay all night here, that's not easy.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50941
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:31 am

I like what MarShon and Kent brings to this team. I hope Mitch re-signs them.
User avatar
Kobe8Fan

 
Posts: 10236
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:49 am
Location: Covina, CA

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby SK8 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:48 am

Marshon with some flashes of Kobe, 23 points 3 assists and 2 rebounds! Great game, so far, killer B's are killing it, you can tell they are hungy for more. I like Marshon a lot, so smooth, old school.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
User avatar
SK8

 
Posts: 1501
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:26 am

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:21 am

trodgers wrote:Stephenson or Bazemore?

Image

I'm looking at that as 10M+ or a little under 2M
"Allons-y Lakers!"
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7824
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:15 am

^^^ And I would counter with, we are looking at this from a standpoint of getting back to the playoffs. Kent has shown some nice stretches, when he's not Shannon Brown'ing the ball, but he's still a bench player and we need legit starters in the starting unit to be competitive.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19455
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:56 am

There is a reason Bazemore barely played with GS ... some fans don't seem to understand there is nothing impressive in putting numbers on a terrible team .... impact and level of play are way more than reading a boxscore.


Bazemore is a 14th/15 th player on a championship team ( meaning a non factor) while Stephenson can be the 4th one ...
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6419
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby therealdeal on Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:02 am

Brooks is changing my mind on him. I like his ability and talent. He looked like Kobe at times in that 4th quarter.

Bazemore looks good too. If we can get them both back for cheap, I'm in.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40247
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:12 am

Meeks
Johnson
Bazemore
Brooks
X
to be added to Nick Young + Kobe, we could probably retain 3 of these guys except if we draft another wing like Exum, Parker or Wiggins, then it will just be two :man6: I kinda like them all TBH
"Allons-y Lakers!"
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7824
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby jbiggs on Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:02 am

im cool with meeks and wesley hittin the road but id def like to keep swaggy p, brooks, baze, and x but i doubt we will be able to
420
KOBE FOR LIFE
User avatar
jbiggs
ClubCavs.com Administrator
 
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:31 am
Location: Born in South Torrance (So Cal) and currently in Point Loma

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby Barnstable on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:47 am

I think some of these guy will have to go. If I'm keeping players

Marshall
Farmar
X
Young

are my priorities. I still haven't seen Bazemore play, so I can't speak on him.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
User avatar
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 14289
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:01 pm
Location: Queens NY

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby karacha on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:58 am

^

Those would be my priorities as well, plus perhaps one of the new guys. This gives us two PGs and three wing players, two of which can easily play the SF position. And those 5 guys should still be relatively cheap.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37452
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.