Bazemore signs with Hawks (p. 12)

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby therealdeal on Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:31 am

Honestly I just want back the cheapest guys we can get for the most production. If we can bring back everyone for minimum contracts then bring back everyone. If we can only bring back 2 or 3 then do that.

With that rationale we have Marshall already. We have sacre already. Xavier is possible to come back for the minimum. So are Bazemore and Brooks. I know Farmar and Young want to be here but I don't know exactly how much we'll have to pay for them.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:44 am

Needs to be a covert operation with (well paid by Lakers FO) ex Navy seals to find the bleep hole with the voodoo doll so whichever guys on our roster next season can stay on the floor. :bang:
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6486
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby SK8 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:13 pm

Whenever Brooks have ball in his hands and trying to do something, i'm always scared that he will lose it or he will miss, i don't have confidence in him at all, i prefer Swaggy P over him, but he will be much more expensive, soooo....
Btw, can someone tell Bazemore to pull his shorts down a little bit, what the hell is that :man10:
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
User avatar
SK8

 
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:26 am

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:34 pm

therealdeal wrote:Brooks is changing my mind on him. I like his ability and talent. He looked like Kobe at times in that 4th quarter.

Bazemore looks good too. If we can get them both back for cheap, I'm in.


I would still rather do Young for $5M than Brooks for $1-2M.

Brooks seems like a black hole to me, despite his scoring ability. He has a score first mentality and ability, but he keeps his head down and is rarely looking to pass.

SwaggyP on the other hand is a lot more mature from that stand point. When he creates, he creates easy shots for himself rather than forcing it. Even when he's given the ball with a low shot clock, he's able to create a decent shot. When he doesn't have something, he's more than able to kick it out and set it up. And I just like Nick's overall demeanor, he's a fantastic locker room guy who fit's great with everyone.

I don't get that vibe from Brooks. Bazemore seems like a good presence as well.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9920
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:35 pm

I don't either, but if that extra 3-4 million means we get a shot at Monroe or Stephenson, then give me Brooks.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:39 pm

therealdeal wrote:I don't either, but if that extra 3-4 million means we get a shot at Monroe or Stephenson, then give me Brooks.


Well, if we use the MLE on Young, it wouldn't really affect the main cap would it?
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9920
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:42 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I don't either, but if that extra 3-4 million means we get a shot at Monroe or Stephenson, then give me Brooks.


Well, if we use the MLE on Young, it wouldn't really affect the main cap would it?

I don't know that we can designate that we're using our MLE instead of our cap space when we haven't filled our cap space up already. If we have 10 million available under the cap, I think we HAVE to spend it first before we're awarded an MLE.

In that case, Nick would have to wait until the money dries up for the chance to earn a little more money staying in LA. That's a tough sell.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:48 pm

I don't think we'll have a problem with spending. :man12:
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9920
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:23 pm

No that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is if we give a contract worth 3-5 million to Young, then he takes that much space out of our cap.

We can't give him the MLE until we reach the cap. And if that's the case then two things have to happen 1) we have to pay someone else that money and who is that and 2) Nick has to wait around for us to fill up our cap, which means passing on other offers from other teams.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:36 pm

therealdeal wrote:No that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is if we give a contract worth 3-5 million to Young, then he takes that much space out of our cap.

We can't give him the MLE until we reach the cap. And if that's the case then two things have to happen 1) we have to pay someone else that money and who is that and 2) Nick has to wait around for us to fill up our cap, which means passing on other offers from other teams.


Say the cap is set to 62M next year.

Currently what we have for next year is:

Kobe - $23.5M
Nash - $9M
Sacre - $800K
Mashall - $500K
Rookie - ~$3M

That alone is already - $36.8M leaving us with $15.2M to play with. If that goes to Stephenson/Monroe, we'll no doubt get there. We'll also have to see what happens to Nash and his contract, whether he retires or we decide to stretch provision it. Giving us some more flexibility.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9920
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:21 pm

Right and in the meantime Nick Young is going to get an offer from somewhere else worth 3-5 million over 2-3 years. Is he going to wait for us to give him the contract after everyone else goes first, taking the chance that we decide not to offer him a contract worth 3-5 million over 2-3 years?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:06 pm

Liking Blazemore a lot. Not convinced by Brooks yet.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15234
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:21 pm

Lakerjones wrote:Liking Blazemore a lot. Not convinced by Brooks yet.

I agree.

If I had to choose between keeping one of the two it would without question be Bazemore. Some people on here thinks Bazemore dribbles the ball too much, I think that's debateable. But Brooks by far can get a little too happy with the dribble and do too much one on one. Plus I think Bazemore is better at using the pick and roll.
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11705
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby bltkmt on Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:22 am

lakerfan2 wrote:
Say the cap is set to 62M next year.

Currently what we have for next year is:

Kobe - $23.5M
Nash - $9M
Sacre - $800K
Mashall - $500K
Rookie - ~$3M

That alone is already - $36.8M leaving us with $15.2M to play with. If that goes to Stephenson/Monroe, we'll no doubt get there. We'll also have to see what happens to Nash and his contract, whether he retires or we decide to stretch provision it. Giving us some more flexibility.


I think you mean $25.2 million left to play with?
User avatar
bltkmt

 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:08 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:27 am

I think it will depend on who we draft. If we get Embiid, then we can resign most of these wingmen. If we get Parker/Wiggins, then most of them will be let go.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7835
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby therealdeal on Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:42 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:Liking Blazemore a lot. Not convinced by Brooks yet.

I agree.

If I had to choose between keeping one of the two it would without question be Bazemore. Some people on here thinks Bazemore dribbles the ball too much, I think that's debateable. But Brooks by far can get a little too happy with the dribble and do too much one on one. Plus I think Bazemore is better at using the pick and roll.

I don't want Brooks over Bazemore, I want Brooks over Young if Nick asks for too much money.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby lukewaltonsdad on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:27 pm

Right now, I don't care for Brooks; I haven't seen anything that would make me want to keep him at all. Bazemore, I like. He has some tools that we could use, and he's cheap. Sign him up for next year.
lukewaltonsdad

 
Posts: 804
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:14 am

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby LakersN4 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:34 pm

therealdeal wrote:No that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is if we give a contract worth 3-5 million to Young, then he takes that much space out of our cap.

We can't give him the MLE until we reach the cap. And if that's the case then two things have to happen 1) we have to pay someone else that money and who is that and 2) Nick has to wait around for us to fill up our cap, which means passing on other offers from other teams.

Even after we reach the cap, teams that started the offseason with cap space get the Cap Space MLE, which is equal to the Mini MLE. Might not be enough to keep Swaggy around. We won't get the full MLE until next offseason (assuming we go over the cap & stay under the tax until next summer)
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2531
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:46 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:Liking Blazemore a lot. Not convinced by Brooks yet.

I agree.

If I had to choose between keeping one of the two it would without question be Bazemore. Some people on here thinks Bazemore dribbles the ball too much, I think that's debateable. But Brooks by far can get a little too happy with the dribble and do too much one on one. Plus I think Bazemore is better at using the pick and roll.

I don't want Brooks over Bazemore, I want Brooks over Young if Nick asks for too much money.

I agree with you as well. However, I would be really surprised if Nick isn't back with us next year.Even if he doesn't get nearly the pay increase he may be looking for I believe that he'll be back.
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11705
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby therealdeal on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:08 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:Liking Blazemore a lot. Not convinced by Brooks yet.

I agree.

If I had to choose between keeping one of the two it would without question be Bazemore. Some people on here thinks Bazemore dribbles the ball too much, I think that's debateable. But Brooks by far can get a little too happy with the dribble and do too much one on one. Plus I think Bazemore is better at using the pick and roll.

I don't want Brooks over Bazemore, I want Brooks over Young if Nick asks for too much money.

I agree with you as well. However, I would be really surprised if Nick isn't back with us next year.Even if he doesn't get nearly the pay increase he may be looking for I believe that he'll be back.

Agreed. And the attitude problem with Brooks looks like it really is the problem that Weezy and I saw his first night as a Laker. He seems like a whiner instead of a worker. There's a lot of talent there, but he's got to bring it every night.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby LakersN4 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:55 pm

Can we fit all of these guys next season? Young/X/Bazemore/Brooks.. Then of course Kobe coming back.. Wes could still come back since he can play at the 4. If D'antoni is coach I'd be scared he'd try to do something like play Kobe at the 4 or something.
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2531
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby revgen on Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:47 pm

I like Bazemore, but I'd rather have Xavier and Young over him. Xavier can also play D while at the same time he can also score without chucking the ball. Young is a far better scorer than either Brooks or Bazemore. He and Xavier both know how to draw contact and get to the line. When you're in a slump, it's important to be able to shoot some free throws to get your rhythm back. Both Bazemore and Brooks need to improve in that area.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21735
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby laakers on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:08 pm

When will the point in time occur when we give them their own threads?

Blazemore seems to have a clutch gene about him. I also like playing him at SF a lot more than PG, I think he plays much better there. Keep him this summer.
User avatar
laakers

 
Posts: 2877
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: My home

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:39 pm

Bazegod was fearless! huge shot and moment for him as laker. taking it straight to KD and Ibaka on that lefty layup. love watching this kid play for the warriors and now lakers where you can really tell he LOVES being a laker. :jam2:
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4701
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Welcome the Killer B's: Bazemore and Brooks!

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:55 pm

I think it's clear that this kid wants to stay here and he played amazing down the stretch against KD on both ends!!!
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot] and 11 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.