Darius Johnson Odom Discussion: Waived

Re: Welcome to the Lakers Darius Johnson Odom

Postby therealdeal on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:53 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Basketball
Eric Pincus
+ Follow
I've written this before - I'm fond of Goudelock who is a great, great young man - but I think the Lakers . . .
need what Darius Johnson-Odom brings to the table more. Goudelock is not a point guard and he's not big/strong/athletic enough to really guard the two. The Lakers have four point guards so there are absolutely no minutes for Goudelock to experiment at PG and he didn't fare well there in Summer League. DJO has the potential athleticism to guard the two & that to me is the difference. 3 minutes ago

I agree with this. If DJO brings the offense to match Glock, Glock will be packing his bags.

This. I've been saying since our roster filled out that we should drop Goudelock instead of Odom.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:07 pm

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter

Rookie Darius Johnson-Odom continues to impress in these workouts; his athleticism is making a difference. Coaches have been impressed.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby KB24 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:15 am

At 6'2'' he is too small as a SG.

I think Glock has one very effective talent which is the ability to shoot from anywhere. Thats a very valuable weapon for a team. We will see though.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby cthroatgtr on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:39 am

Goudlock was awful in summer league. For a second year player he should have been dominating but instead he couldn't make anything. DJO is far more athletic but he too was awful in summer league but gets the benefit of the doubt since he is a rook. With Blake out it will be interesting to see who really improved since then. I actually would say Morris has the inside track as to me he got better as summer league went on and he is a true PG. DJO would be a combo guard.
cthroatgtr

Postby therealdeal on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:52 am

KB24 wrote:At 6'2'' he is too small as a SG.

I think Glock has one very effective talent which is the ability to shoot from anywhere. Thats a very valuable weapon for a team. We will see though.

Darius is almost as effective from the field as Goudelock. Odom is a good shooter from distance as well and is effective driving the ball because of his athleticism. They say when he's surrounded by talent (Odom) he's a good offensive fit. And he's far more active defensively. They say he's strong and athletic enough to guard smaller twos (I'm thinking like OJ Mayo 6'4") and he's definitely capable of guarding ones.

If we can figure out a way to cross match some teams and have Odom guard the one... that'd be fun. Goudelock is simply a defensive liability and while he's a great shooter and has a nice floater, he doesn't make up for it on the other end. Darius is compared offensively to James Harden. A lefty with a nice stroke from distance and the ability to drive and create contact.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Center Court on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:57 am

gl0ck proved he could be a reliable shooter off the bench... but for some reason Brown yanked his mins.

DJO is unproven, but like Pincus says, his athletic ability sets him apart. I think he's Ty Lawson-"esque" in his style of play.

to me the guy who should go is Morris.
Center Court

Postby ben_ready on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:59 am

So Morris played the best, and has been one of the hardest workers in the off season, plus he's a true young big back up pg,and you think he should go? Yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

Postby therealdeal on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:19 am

Call it bizzaro day, but I'm with ben_ready on this. We should keep the Dariuses and let go of Goudelock.

All he proved was that he could give up more points than he scored every night.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:24 am

therealdeal wrote:Call it bizzaro day, but I'm with ben_ready on this. We should keep the Dariuses and let go of Goudelock.

You forgot to Yell™
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby therealdeal on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:32 am

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Call it bizzaro day, but I'm with ben_ready on this. We should keep the Dariuses and let go of Goudelock.

You forgot to Yell™

Oh right... Swerv™
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:16 pm

LetDJODunk.com tho™
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby therealdeal on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:08 am

http://instagram.com/p/Qqea8Fqi7b/

DwightHoward Hahahhaah MY TEAMMATE @kingme_dj1 knocked out.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Punk-101 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:35 am

He's fast as hell and the ONLY player off the bench that can collapse a defense with penetration. I like what I saw last night.

I really like CDR, but he is too similar to Ebanks' skillset. DJO brings something totally different.

Please get rid of Glock, Morris and Duhon somehow.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby Punk-101 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:15 pm

Let's see if the kid can guard SGs tonight with Kobe out and Meeks as the starter.

He looks TINY out there, Earl Boykins small. But, he's built like a fire hydrant and is lightning quick and insanely athletic.

Offensively, I think he would fit in just fine as a SG. He's not a PG that's for sure. He supposedly has 3pt range and can get the the rim and finish in the blink of an eye. No one else on the team has this skill-set.

I'm not expecting anything spectacular. Just give the kid a chance is all.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:52 pm

Brown better give DJO some time tomorrow. I'm really curious how he could defend the 1, even if he plays more of a 2 on offense. Either way, he's on the bubble.

Angelico Biella started the Serie A campaign with 3 losses and 1 win. The Italian team is on the verge of waiving rookie Ramone Moore who did not satisfy the staff with his performances (7.5ppg). The dream of the Italian club is Jamar Smith but the price for the player is too high for Biella. Another name is Darius Johnson-Odom as soon as the Lakers will waive him from the roster.
http://www.sportando.net/eng/italy/serie-a/45156/angelico-biella-interested-in-jamar-smith.html
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby dj vitus on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:39 pm

I doubt he gets more than 12 minutes tomorrow. Dude will be waived as late as Thursday morning, which is a shame cause he looks like he can run up points real quick when the offense is stagnant. Le sigh.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:46 pm

^^^ We have Steve Duhon-Morris for that.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby XXIV on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:01 pm

Emiliano Carchia ‏@SportandoBasket
Lakers will waive Darius Johnson-Odom soon I am told

Waste of $500,000 that they spent to get him if this is true. I'd rather they had used that money to waive Morris and keep CDR.
Last edited by XXIV on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXIV

Postby D.B. Cooper on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:05 pm

:mad1: if true
D.B. Cooper

Postby revgen on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:26 pm

XXIV wrote:

Waste of $500,000 that they spent to get him if this is true. I'd rather they had used that money to waive Morris and keep CDR.

First of all, I wouldn't trust that source. 2nd of all, DJO has a non-guaranteed contract. We aren't paying him $500,000 if we cut him.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby XXIV on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:04 pm

revgen wrote:
XXIV wrote:

First of all, I wouldn't trust that source. 2nd of all, DJO has a non-guaranteed contract. We aren't paying him $500,000 if we cut him.

We paid the Mavericks $500,000 for the pick to draft him. That money is gone. As for the source, I even said "if this is true," but he is a sports writer with over 11,000 followers.
XXIV

Postby venky on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:42 pm

:bang: :bang: :bang:
venky

Postby The Rock on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:46 pm

Good, Glock is a shooter we need him on the team

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Finwë on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:47 pm

I have little doubt that he'll be getting cut.. Hasn't gotten much PT at all, and we aren't short on guards (quantity, not quality).. Morris' contract is guaranteed so I'm assuming DJO's getting cut first. Maybe they can move Morris
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 pm

DNP - CD

hes gone
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion