Well it's over. Where do we go from here.

Well it's over. Where do we go from here.

Postby ELF on Thu May 15, 2003 7:40 pm

The Lakers need to be embarrassed by their performance tonight. Kobe, had a lack of energy tonight. The pound the ball into Shaq doesn't work anymore. So I suggest the Lakers get some speed. The dynasty is over.

I think someone said they hope that Phil pounds the ball into Shaq, so he can see that's not the way to go. Well, I will say it tonight the Lakers are Kobe team now.

But hats off to the Spurs! No excuse. The best team won this series.

Is was an interesting run, I guess we'll start a new one next year. Oh yeah, Mitch must go, along with Horry, Shaw, and give me a moment and I can get you several more.
ELF

 
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:41 am
Location: Memphis

Postby Lakers4Ever on Thu May 15, 2003 7:49 pm

Allow me to help you.... Horry, Shaw, and Walker. Madsen is a maybe in my opinion because he brings life to our ballclub off the bench. Other than that, we should keep Fisher, Pargo, Kobe, Rush, George, Fox, Slava, and Shaq. Everyone else has got to go. GOOD JOB THO LAKERS!! WE HAD A MIRACLE SEASON, but it did have to come to an end. We love you Lakers!
Image
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
User avatar
Lakers4Ever

 
Posts: 1944
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:49 am
Location: Tustin, CA

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 8:00 pm

Dayam this really hurt!! Especially when I saw Fish and Kobe crying!!! Dayam, this was a tough loss... But it's all good though... SA stepped up, and we gotta nutha year ahead of us... LAKERS!
LakersGyrl2003

 
Posts: 21823
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:04 am

Re: Well it's over. Where do we go from here.

Postby FirstLady on Thu May 15, 2003 8:04 pm

EmbarrassedLakerFan wrote:......The dynasty is over.


It's not over. This is just a temporary set-back. This will get Mitch to finally get some quality players on the roster during this off-season, so I look for the Lakers to win the championship next season, fa real!!!!
Image
User avatar
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:51 pm
Location: Midwest by way of Cali

Re: Well it's over. Where do we go from here.

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 8:07 pm

FirstLady wrote:
EmbarrassedLakerFan wrote:......The dynasty is over.


It's not over. This is just a temporary set-back. This will get Mitch to finally get some quality players on the roster during this off-season, so I look for the Lakers to win the championship next season, fa real!!!!


UR right... It's not over... We had our 3 back to back, since the Bulls' days.... There will be some changes in the off-season. Ur right gyrl, it's just a temporary set-back, like how it's been before the 2000... We always have faith in our team, and even though we're outta tha runnin', we got next season to get prepared to get better... Now they can get better, and not take teams' for granted... COME ON LAKERS!
LakersGyrl2003

 
Posts: 21823
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:04 am

Postby Lakers4Ever on Thu May 15, 2003 8:09 pm

ITS DEFINITELY OVER... THIS SEASON! WE WILL BE BACK NEXT SEASON AND WE'LL TAKE IT ALL OVER AGAIN!! GOOD JOB LA!!
Image
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
User avatar
Lakers4Ever

 
Posts: 1944
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:49 am
Location: Tustin, CA

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 8:12 pm

That's right!! There u go!!! It's over this season, but we got another season to get better! Hey we weren't even expected to get outta the 1st round vs the younger wolves... But look where it got us... To game 6 vs the Spurs... We did a great job this year, now we gotta prepare for the hollow-minded idiots that come in here to post ignorant remarks about a whole buncha nuttin.....
LakersGyrl2003

 
Posts: 21823
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:04 am

Postby Seawell on Thu May 15, 2003 8:13 pm

I say we make a trade and move up as far as possible in the draft. Horry's, Shaw's, and unfortunately Shaq's better days are behind them. I know that is hard to swallow but anything else is just wishful thinking and will cost us in the long run. One of the best things we still had going for us this year was that a lot of people still feared us. That fear is gone. I don't mean to rag on Shaq too much but I think his lack of commitment to stay in shape over the past couple of years is costing him now(carrying that much weight around is too much for his feet and knees). Of course we don't trade Shaq, but we must understand that it isn't his team any more and we need to go ahead and plan like we don't have him. I know there are a lot of veterans that want to come play here next year but getting older probably won't help much. In the end losing this year will probably be better for us than if we would have won. Why?...because did you see the tears from Kobe and Fish? That's a bitter feeling that will motivate them to play harder next year. Also, because this forces the ownership to make moves in the off season.
User avatar
Seawell

 
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:28 am
Location: Brown Summit, North Carolina

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 8:16 pm

Seawell wrote:I say we make a trade and move up as far as possible in the draft. Horry's, Shaw's, and unfortunately Shaq's better days are behind them. I know that is hard to swallow but anything else is just wishful thinking and will cost us in the long run. One of the best things we still had going for us this year was that a lot of people still feared us. That fear is gone. I don't mean to rag on Shaq too much but I think his lack of commitment to stay in shape over the past couple of years is costing him now(carrying that much weight around is too much for his feet and knees). Of course we don't trade Shaq, but we must understand that it isn't his team any more and we need to go ahead and plan like we don't have him. I know there are a lot of veterans that want to come play here next year but getting older probably won't help much. In the end losing this year will probably be better for us than if we would have won. Why?...because did you see the tears from Kobe and Fish? That's a bitter feeling that will motivate them to play harder next year. Also, because this forces the ownership to make moves in the off season.


I feel ya... Our players arent gettin n e younger, but who is gonna want our vets? Fox isn't gonna come back n e tyme soon, and ur right it's hard to swallow... But we gotta look towards the future, and get younger quality players... Or maybe some younger vets or something... Dayam this hurts, but we do gotta say goob-bye to them sometime, and I feel this is prolly the time. Ur right, their better days are behind them, and we still luv everything they did for this ball club.
LakersGyrl2003

 
Posts: 21823
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:04 am

Postby Seawell on Thu May 15, 2003 8:19 pm

You're right it will be hard to trade any of our vets but I was thinking maybe we could package our two draft picks along with it? If we can't get that to work out then we should definitely be agressive in the free agent market and at least get younger vets who are still playing well like GP and Pippen.
User avatar
Seawell

 
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:28 am
Location: Brown Summit, North Carolina

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 8:21 pm

Seawell wrote:You're right it will be hard to trade any of our vets but I was thinking maybe we could package our two draft picks along with it? If we can't get that to work out then we should definitely be agressive in the free agent market and at least get younger vets who are still playing well like GP and Pippen.


There you go... It's official, our offseason starts now, and we have our better days of Lakers victories all behind us. I'm not gonna root for any other team, cuz it doesn't matter. Our team isn't in it, and we're not a part of any other team. But I'd like to see a team from the east win, just cuz they're the underdogs, like us this time around. Dayam a lots gonna change in the off-seaon, but it's all good though... We got a lot to look forward to, and we'll just get better and better.
LakersGyrl2003

 
Posts: 21823
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:04 am

Postby Seawell on Thu May 15, 2003 8:23 pm

LakersGyrl2003 wrote: we still luv everything they did for this ball club.


Definitely, thank you guys for the great run! The great memories far outweigh the pain we all feel right now!
User avatar
Seawell

 
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:28 am
Location: Brown Summit, North Carolina

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 8:32 pm

Seawell wrote:
LakersGyrl2003 wrote: we still luv everything they did for this ball club.


Definitely, thank you guys for the great run! The great memories far outweigh the pain we all feel right now!


Hell yea!! The pain is just temporarily, but with failure comes success... And everything they done is now just in the back of our heads... LAKERS BABY!!! We can accept this loss gracefully, cuz we have more seasons of Lakers ball to look forward to... :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

 
Posts: 21823
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:04 am

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Thu May 15, 2003 8:58 pm

I know that change is going to happen and need to happen. The only that I hate with change is saying goodbye to a few players that has meant so much to me.

If this is the last game I will ever see Brian Shaw and Robert Horry in a Laker uniform, I just want to say thank you for everything. In a way they have become a part of my family these last couple of years. I love you guys!!!!



And to Tracy Murray and Samaki Walker, get the f*ck out of here a-holes.
A total waste of a couple of millions.
User avatar
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

 
Posts: 3568
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:01 am
Location: Culver City, CA (Fox Hills)

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 11:18 pm

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:I know that change is going to happen and need to happen. The only that I hate with change is saying goodbye to a few players that has meant so much to me.

And to Tracy Murray and Samaki Walker, get the f*ck out of here a-holes.
A total waste of a couple of millions.


WHOA!! LOL... I know they didn't do their part of the deal, but they still are considered Lakers, and I still like em, u know? Like u said, there are gonna be a lotta changes, and we gotta come to accept them.

If this is the last time we get to see Horry and Shaw, then I gotta give it up to them! They've done so much, and have been apart of this team for a while. Hey Horry, I even got ur authentic white jersey baby!!! YEA YEA!! U've been so great, cool and calm under pressure. But good things come to an end. Also for Foxxy! U've been so great, and been here for a while too. I love how u always get emotional durin the game and even go crazy!! I remember in 98, when ya'll played against Utah, u made a runnin 1/2 court 3 at the end of a quarter! I'll never forget that!!!
LakersGyrl2003

 
Posts: 21823
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:04 am


Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], KOBE G.O.A.T. and 7 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.