What about Pippen? Has anyone heard anything?

Postby OJ2 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:33 pm

Does anyone know if Phil or anyone else tried to contact Pippen about becoming a Laker? Has the organization just resigned to the fact that the Bulls will give him a front office job at the end of his career? :freak2:
OJ2

NO PIPPEN

Postby OOOOOOOOOOOOO LA LA LA on Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:05 am

I hope the Lake show does not sign PIP because we would have to many SF. :bang:
OOOOOOOOOOOOO LA LA LA

Postby prof_tolomi on Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:42 am

I hope the Lake show does not sign PIP because we would have to many SF.

Same here. What we do need is a C to back-up Shaq-daddy :shaq: , a PF who's more than able to fill Horry's shoes (Malone, hopefully :wink: ), and a PG who can keep up with the Hudsons :whipit: and the Parkers :whipit: (Payton, perhaps :man1: ). Besides, I still have flashbacks of the NBA Finals back in '92 :nono2: every now and then... :man6:
prof_tolomi

Postby MIKEDOG on Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:02 am

Pippen needs to saty where he is at, now with Payton and more than likely Malone we need to fill the holes and beef up the bench with role players. We do not need anymore "stars" or thier baggage to deal with.
MIKEDOG

Postby Lakers4Ever on Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:02 am

GEEZ WHO CARES! ENOUGH ABOUT PIPPEN! SORRY TO OFFEND YOU, BUT THEY DON'T NEED HIM...
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby OJ2 on Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:17 pm

I hear what you're saying and you make some solid points but consider this (with your heads and not your hearts), we are talking about having two(2) new starters having to learn the triangle. I'm not suggesting that they can't learn it but rather it will take time for them to get comfortable with it. It took Kobe time. It took Shaq time, and from what I'm hearing from the rookies it's taking them some time as well. While I know in my heart that we will be champions next year I also know that you just dont pick up this "O" without putting in alot of time and effort. With Pippen in the fold you have someone who knows Phil's schemes(O AND D) and you are afforded the luxury of having the time for the glove and the mailman to pick things up at a slower pace without causing you victories. One last thought.Pick up Scott Williams(if we can afford him) for the same reasons. :man7:
OJ2

Postby zetaw00d on Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:02 pm

If the Lakers can afford pip then pick him up. If not then dont! He can help the Lakers on defence.
zetaw00d

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:33 pm

I completely agree with OJ2, but i would pick up scott williams first...if we still have another million to fork over and pip accepts, then pick him up too...2 million for two quality players who know the scheme of things, so they will have an immediate impact.....closed for the summer after that....and what a summer it will be...wow mitch
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Guest on Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:45 pm

All this Pippen talk kinda of scares me. Do you REALLY want Pippen on this team? Did anyone not see how he has played against the Lakers? And not to mention how he has played against the Lakers in the playoffs. I wont even mention how he has played against other teams. Its not like he was tearing it up. He has played in atleast 65 regular season games only once in the last 6 years. He is a decent player but we already have 2 at the position he plays and a possible third in Walton. And he is not really a young man anymore. Some might say neither is Karl or Gary, but they both are in prime shape and Pip is always hurt. I say we stick with Fox and DG and call the SF position set. Lets get a capable back up for the MDE.

Postby Ring It Up on Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:46 pm

Sorry I forgot to log in, that was my post above.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

horry

Postby LakerTown ShakeDown on Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:12 pm

I dont' think the Lakers are going to sign Rob again, his days in the Lakeshow are sadly over. They should try to get a little more athletic by trying to get Antonio Daniels though. He would be a great addition to the bench. Fish, Daniels and Fox off the bench would be a lot better then last years pathetic bench.
LakerTown ShakeDown

Postby lakers frizzo on Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:31 pm

last years "pathetic bench" was learning the triangle!! this year they arent and they are the better players for it slava will earn his 1 mil so will pargo and rush and remember one or two of them are going to be the future of the team after malone and payton are gone!!
slava=kukoc
pargo=harper(but younger)
rush=not going to be a laker after this season imho
dont count anybody out in la just cause they had subpar rookie seasons with little minutes behind great players with a coach that doesnt play rookies ok i say they will be great nba plyers in a couple years(except rush i dont think he has what it takes to succeed and thats where we spend our 2004 mle at,if it isnt a shaqup-kind of a combination of shaq and backup if you didnt get it
is shaq satisfied with three titles and continuing to blow up to 400 lbs or will he get the other hunger back and get down to 320 and win three more?? GO LAKERS 2004-06 CHAMPS!!!
lakers frizzo

Postby SWOL on Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:48 pm

what about Jason Caffey.....a Phil favorite and already Knows the system....and a hell of alot better than Scott Williams...i mean Williams is at the end of his road.... we'd just the same with John Salley, Cliff Levinston, Horace Grant, Stacey King, Jack Haley, Dickey Simkins or Will Perdue or any of the other sorry [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] Bull Benchwarmer Big men from the 90's
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:55 pm

I think Caffey is being courted by the Heat right now or something like that....and I has already got his rings, so i'm thinking he is going for the loot now...but you are soo right swol, that would be definitely a better pick up then williams
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Laker brain on Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:40 am

pippen would be okay, but we need a big guy, maybe smith from spl.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Pippen

Postby Retards on Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:52 pm

IMO getting Pippen is not going to help Lakers much , that guy sets on bench cheerleading more than he plays on the court , his condition is just not "reliable" . Hope Walton and Cook can gain some respect from Phil in da pre-season and we might beable to play or trade them when they got their value build up . I like the idea of trading club Med to east , but not likely get equal value in return , maybe Pargo/Med for someone decent ?
But thats just IMO . :patriot:
Retards

Postby SWOL on Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:18 pm

iF SMITHS HEAD IS RIGHT HE HAS A LOT OF ATHLETISIM......I'LL BE OUT AT THE GAMES THIS WEEKEND SO I'LL SEE FIRST HAND...BUT HE IS ALONG THE LINES OF ALONZO SPELLMAN CRAZY...SO I DUNNO MAN
SWOL

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:17 pm

yea... LEON maybe.. he kind of looks lethargic out there.. he needs someone to motivate him.. ala Elden Campbell.
I'm just afraid of LEON and our plays hanging with him.. I hope he doesn't try to take one of our GUYS if he attempts to commit suicide again.. kind of scary thought.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby SWOL on Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:40 pm

is Bo Outlaw a FA he is playin in the Summer Pro League for the NBA pros....I like Outlaw now that would be perfect bench guy...
SWOL

Postby LakerFan1972 on Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:52 pm

swolswol wrote:is Bo Outlaw a FA he is playin in the Summer Pro League for the NBA pros....I like Outlaw now that would be perfect bench guy...

what about Maddog? i am not sure you could find a better bench guy. besides, he was actually starting to show something last season.
LakerFan1972

Postby BDG on Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:58 pm

Bo's better than Madsen. Madsen never learned how to shoot the damn ball and didn't have control over his game. Bo can get us more than Madsen's rebound numbers plus put the ball in the hole when we need him to.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Return to Lakers Discussion