At what point does Pau get benched?

At what point does Pau get benched?

Postby TheOp on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:02 pm

-20 in the last game, and we play so much better with him off the floor.
Bottom line is, Pau is a cancer to this team. Not just with his attitude, but his play. He is so horrible defensively, it literally costs us games even with these all stars around him. Offensively, he doesnt fit with Dwight in the post, and even when hes in the post he puts up the softest shot attempts and just yells at the refs for help.

So at what point do we just bench him for the good of the team? As long as hes in the starting lineup I dont see this team being more then a .500 team. And if we go into the playoffs with him starting at PF, we wont get out of the 1st round and I would bet money on that.
Last edited by TheOp on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheOp

Re: At what point does Pau get benched?

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:04 pm

Benching Pau will effectively destroy him. If we're not going to trade him we have to find a way to make him useful. This team won't accept having an $19 mil player sitting on the bench producing nothing.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby TheOp on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:06 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Benching Pau will effectively destroy him. If we're not going to trade him we have to find a way to make him useful. This team won't accept having an $19 mil player sitting on the bench producing nothing.

Ok well we can have 19 million sitting on the bench and be a better team. Or we can keep playing him and losing games, wasting our talent and our season, wasting a billion dollars in TV revenue.
TheOp

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:14 pm

He won't be benched ... or traded this season , forget about it ... you have to be at least two teams to make a trade .

Unfortunately a trade with a team looking for a big expiring contract in Feb 2014 is more likely ... I don't know if the Lakers would consider using the amnesty clause on him next summer though.

The guy is a huge pb for to this team since May 2011 and I don't see the end of the tunnel
wcsoldier81

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:31 pm

Amnesty him.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Weezy on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:40 pm

I think the word you were looking for was "traded", not benched.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:52 pm

Maybe after Faried dominates him once again, and after the Lakers lose badly against Hou and SA, the Lakers will take the best deal they can from Minny, Boston, or Portland and move on to try to save the season.

I actually feel sorry for Nash. He came to what has to be the worst culture in the NBA in terms of instability, selfishness, bad coaching, and bad role players. Wouldn't be surprised if he retires or quietly asks for a trade in the summer.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby noobiew on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:37 pm

Trade Pau please.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Vlade_12 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:39 am

a great game by Pau
wait
11 pts 5 boards :freak2:
Howard Gasol
Clark Hill
MWP
Kobe Meeks
Nash Duhon
Playoff rotation! Bring Casspi or Ariza back home for a Title Run Mitch!!!
Vlade_12

Postby TheOp on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:50 am

Please stop saying trade Pau. Nobody is going to want him, even if we offered him for free and a team could somehow absorb his contract. Were not trading him, were stuck with him.

Only option is to bench him and give him spot minutes here and there.
TheOp

Postby odom1year on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:01 am

Would suggest playing him about 30 mins per game and get him scoring in his comfortable zone.
odom1year

Postby KB24 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:05 am

Vlade_12 wrote:a great game by Pau
wait

sadly that IS a great game by Pau's new standard.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby MC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:51 am

He gets benched at the point the Lakers raise the white flag and give up on the playoffs.....

that's all that will mean.

The people asking for them to trade Pau now are not really thinking this threw and have tunnel vision ..... don't become masters of panic.

His value is much higher next year....... even if he was playing at an all-star level today his value would still be higher NEXT YEAR as an over paid expiring contract. To trade him means you have to come close to matching salaries...... that would be difficult without picking up trash and possibly hurting your leverage for 2015. That would be foolish beyond repair IMO.

Trade him this year and it's just one panic move after another ...............

Again for the cheap seats -------- if Gasol is just finished as a player why is it the Spanish team still gets high production out of him while playing him with another Big in his brother? what other than the coaching difference and philosophy towards this player is the REAL issue with Gasol.
Last edited by MC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby Weezy on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:58 am

So I'm clueless because I want to trade Pau to try and address our depth and possibly fill some needs? We're not getting a star for Pau, not now, not next year, but it's possible we could get 3 or 4 decent players, add some youth and athleticism. We're not winning now with him, why not trade him to try and improve the team before the season is officially over.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby MC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:04 am

Weezy wrote:So I'm clueless because I want to trade Pau to try and address our depth and possibly fill some needs? We're not getting a star for Pau, not now, not next year, but it's possible we could get 3 or 4 decent players, add some youth and athleticism. We're not winning now with him, why not trade him to try and improve the team before the season is officially over.

yup

if you think long term as much as short term than yes..... you are selling an asset at it's lowest possible point rather than selling him when he's at his highest value contractually. Than to do it transparently while the rest of the league knows you might panic? bad, bad, bad time to even think about trading him........... they had their shot and Stern stopped it, now it's time to show patients and get proper value cap wise.

and for what exactly? a 2 year band-aid for a coach who has done nothing to prove his philosophy of play can actually get the job done....... IMO this is just a horrible idea..... chasing bad money with bad money is insane IMO. I much rather take my lumps now and have the max flexibility for our future coach in 2015 to build properly.
Last edited by MC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
MC

Postby MC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:04 am

double post kind of.... sorry guys
Last edited by MC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
MC

Postby Weezy on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:12 am

Our window to win was this year and next (unless the lakers somehow keep Dwight and pull off something crazy like signing LeBron in 2014), so I still fail to see how making moves to keep that hope alive now is a panic move. But ok, you seem to know best and we're all just clueless. :freak2: I'm going to bed, I've had enough of being told what I am for one night.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby MC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:17 am

Weezy wrote:Our window to win was this year and next (unless the lakers somehow keep Dwight and pull off something crazy like signing LeBron in 2014), so I still fail to see how making moves to keep that hope alive now is a panic move. But ok, you seem to know best and we're all just clueless. :freak2:

So you want to chase these 2 years and completely give up our cap flexibility for a great 2015 FA class? There is more than just LBJ in it lmfao............. though is it really far fetched to think a big market known for getting stars might...just might....attract a LBJ? I personally think the trades you think you'll get for Gasol are way more far fetched considering the leverage disadvantage the Lakers find themselves at with Gasol right now.

don't you think that your 2 year window philosophy of thought is a little short sighted? especially when this team is suppose to have enough talent already while still creating that amazing flexibility? by the way was genius by our FO..... hate to see that hard work thrown away over a 1 to 2 year window that might not really be a window at all considering who's leading these men into battle as a coach.

again............ I look at the big picture............ this is a game of chess, not checkers.
MC

Postby Congo Cash on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:45 am

odom1year wrote:Would suggest playing him about 30 mins per game and get him scoring in his comfortable zone.

He is way too passive nowadays, even when he is being guarded by smaller guys... Giving him more touches won't do anything...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby John3:16 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:50 am

KB24 wrote:
Vlade_12 wrote:a great game by Pau
wait

sadly that IS a great game by Pau's new standard.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby SK8 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:50 am

I was shocked last night when Andre Miler was on him on low post, and he pass ball back to Kobe on 3....
The End.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Return to Lakers Discussion