While Bryant's statue might seem preordained, the pose in which Bryant will be displayed in certainly isn't an obvious choice. I posed the question on Twitter during Abdul-Jabbar's ceremony and here are the most popular responses of what Bryant's statue should look like (along with a few of my suggestions):
• The "Kobe Face" (underbite) in Mamba mode while pumping his fist
• Standing in triple threat position, eyeing up the defender (a.k.a. the person who is observing the statue), getting ready to score
• Walking off the court with his index finger up in the air after his 81-point game
• Celebrating on the scorer's table after the Game 7 Finals win against Boston
• Shooting a fadeaway jumper
• Doing the "airplane"
• Jumping up after beating Orlando in the 2009 Finals
• Biting his jersey
• Popping his jersey
• The "Death Stare"
• The fist pump
• Screaming after the Phoenix playoff game
• Kobe with the fro guarding Kobe 24 (from @AceMoneyChi)
There were a ton of great suggestions on Twitter and no easy answer to go with. Do you go No. 24 Kobe or No. 8 Kobe? Fro or no fro? Have we already seen his statue moment or is it yet to come?
I gotta go with number 8 kobe with the index finger after he scored 81. Don't know if that would make the best statue, but its the most iconic kobe bryant moment in my opinion. What do you guys think?