Which of these players is most likely to become a Laker?

Who's the next star to join the Lakers?

Carmelo Anthony
43%
Lebron James
2%
Paul George
9%
Kyrie Irving
11%
Demarcus Cousins
4%
Chris Bosh
No votes
Dirk Nowitzki
2%
Derrick Favors
2%
Andrew Wiggins
2%
Rookie other than Wiggins
22%

Total votes : 44

Re: Which of these players is most likely to become a Laker?

Postby Phil XI on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:30 pm

What? No Boobie Gibson?
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby Ras Algethi on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:52 pm

Irving highlights from USA scrimmage. Young player I'd most like to see in a Laker uni.

The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakerJack on Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:45 am

DeMarcus Cousins will be the next great big man and can't become superstar in Sactown. Kobe will make him a champion.
All time Lakers team: Magic, Kobe, West, Worthy and Chamberlain.
LakerJack

Postby lakersin4 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:32 am

LakerJack wrote:DeMarcus Cousins will be the next great big man and can't become superstar in Sactown. Kobe will make him a champion.

I like Cousins too. With all the great bigs we have that could mentor him + Kobe & possibly Pau still being around to work with him in practice I think he could become something really special on the offensive end. If he could combine his current skillset with Pau & Kobe's influence on his footwork/overall fundamentals, I think he has the potential to win multiple scoring titles.. The perimeter players are getting all the hype in the 2014 FA class but there are some really good young bigs that could hopefully be available. Anthony Davis, Kanter, Drummond, Vucevic & Faried have team options but guys have forced their way out of those before.. Cousins, Monroe, Favors, Sanders. Most are restricted so we have very little chance at them but crazier things have happened.. You also have a couple old guys that can still help a contender in Dirk, Bosh, Z-Bo, & Gortat. It could be a very interesting summer.
lakersin4

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:12 am

Another post, another case of unrealistic ideas.....

Let's go down the line....

Cousins -

The Sacramento Kings are exploring a contract extension with DeMarcus Cousins, and the team will meet with Cousins' agent, Dan Fegan, in the near future to discuss a new deal, according to Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee. The 22-year-old big man has been busy at the Team USA basketball mini-camp, and Fegan is working on an extension for John Wall with the Washington Wizards, but it appears that an extension for Cousins is next in line. Cousins is reportedly looking for a maximum extension, and the Kings can offer up to a five-year deal worth approximately $80 million -- that would take effect in 2014-15 -- by making him the team's Designated Player.

The Kings want to get that contract extension on the table ASAP. If they can't get an extension worked out, he will probably be traded before they lose him for nothing. How are we going to get him with the trade assets we don't have?

Anthony Davis -

Team option for the next two years + QO in 3 seasons. He's not going anywhere for a long time.

Let me ask you this. If you were a GM, would you turn down a 5.6 million team option on Anthony Davis? No you wouldn't or you would be fired.

Enes Kanter -

Team option at 5.6 million dollars next season. If you were a GM would you turn down a team option on a young up and coming big, that would get a 200-300% pay increase if he hit FA? I wouldn't.

Andre Drummond -

2.6 million team option. You really think he's going to become available? C'mon.

Nikola Vucevic -

2.75 million team option. This is getting funny now. What makes you think in the new CBA, with it's restrictions, teams are just going to decline these options on these guys? Don't give me the crazier things have happened speal. I want a valid reason as to why they are going to be let go out of these ridiculously low cost, high production contracts?

Kenneth Faried -

2.2 million team option. Denver declines this why?

Monroe, Favors, Sanders - Already posted this in another thread about this.

All their teams have a plethora of cap room.

Sanders - Starting C on a team with cap room next season
Favors - Starting and two players (Jefferson/Millsap) were let go so that Favors and Kanter could start and develop.
Monroe - Drummond/Smith/Monroe sounds like a nice big man rotation for a team with cap room and got their first "big time" FA to come to Detroit in forever.

".....2014 FA but there are some really good young bigs that could hopefully be available"

Really good young bigs with their contracts in the teams they plan on hands. They won't be available.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Pig Miller on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:40 am

^everything doc said.

the only guys we have a shot at are older UFA. we'll need to start valuing draft picks a bit more. it allows us to fill in the gaps with talent, but at cheap rates.

i think it'll be a few years before we're in legitimate contention again. some time right after lebron's prime.
Pig Miller

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion