Who goes?

Who goes?

Postby Laker brain on Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:25 pm

When expansion draft comes to play who will we leave out?

We can keep 8 players the rest have are in the draft.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:15 pm

I'll present the people that should stay.

1. Kobe Bryant (Given that he signs, which he will)
2. Shaquille Oneal (Very obvious)
3. Devean George
4. Derek Fisher (Is he signed past next year???)
5. Kareem Rush (He'll get better this year)
6. Brian Cook
7. Luke Walton
8. Gary Payton (Given that the draft is after this year and he signs a multi year contract)

Order is not relevant. I'm just presenting the 8 who will definitely stay. Order shown does not indicate who has more priority in staying.
Last edited by Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:38 pm

I hate new expantion team drafts :man6:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:23 pm

I would secede from the NBA and start the LBA, Laker Basketball Association. Give up my All-Star Squad to the CHARLOTTE BOBCATS? Hell no! I would send them and their weak [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] name into the NCAA. That's ridiculous, there's plenty of talent out there and I think we should give new players a chance and just put Charlotte at #1 in the draft.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby ZenMaster on Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:38 pm

Laker Basketball Association...I like that...has a nice RING to it!!! :jam2:
ZenMaster

Postby KobeShowtime on Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:55 pm

First of all i dislike the idea of an expansion draft...ecspecially with being able to only protect 8 players....4-5 players is like 1/3 of your team....Yikes...and the best teams ususallly run deep...teams like the mavs could be hit up....since they have a lot of talent....but im pretty sure a team can only lose one player...but anyway.......

I would keep

1. Kobe (resigned and hungry for his 5th ring)
2. Shaq (Although Im not sure BobCats would want a player of his age and contract I dotn trust them, he is too good to pass up even if hell only playanother year or 2.....he would prolly be safe but thats a chance im not willing to take)
3. Payton (hell want a second ring, multi year deal signed)
4. George ( I love this kid, hes only getting better)
5. Rush ( Were gonna need him eventually)
6. Fish ( way too good, underrated also getting better)
7. B Cook
8. Lil Walton (ok im high on these kids this soon after the draft....lets keep this talent so we got someone to pass the torch to)

That means we are willing to part with Pargo, Fox, Slava, and Malone (if we have him and i beleive we will) I dont think the BobCats would waste a pick on these guys either too old or too young and unproven as anythng other that role players (mo disrespect, I love all these guys)
KobeShowtime

Postby Vasashi17 on Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:01 pm

I agree with your list showtime, but I would still keep Malone in place of baby walton because if Malone does break the scoring record i want it to be in a Lakers uni. Also i don't want to offend any of your opinions but I really don't like this whole idea of shaq being dispensible. He is the reason we are a dynasty in the first place. Sure, I hate when his ego gets ahead of his game but the bottom line is I want him till the end of his career and we will certainly be looking up at the rafters and see his retired jersey up there. He's not motivated, he's overweight, he's a big baby, but he's still our Shaq. The Shaq that got LA back to the top again. No cracks on Kobe, but Kobe would not be able to bring us the title with the guys we had suited up if Shaq was not here. Shaq is the ish and we are spoiled to take him for granted. He pisses us off sometimes, but when we need him he's always there. He was the only stand out statistics wise in the game 6 massacre with the Spurms. He has alot of pride, and that's what gets him in trouble sometimes, but he is a winner and will come back meaner, hungrier and more energized than he ever was next season. So I would really appreciate this BS about giving Shaq away or pushing him to retire, cause if Kobe really wanted changes to happen in the Lakers organization to allow him not to walk next season he would have requested Shaq to leave or a trade involving Shaq. He knows if the Big Fella is in the rite state of mind and body they will get their championship baq and hold onto this time. If Kobe knows it, we should know it too. And seriously he's only 30, so we need to ride with our superMAN till the end...ya heard
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:53 pm

heres the players who I would keep:

KOBE (his airness part 2)
SHAQ (superman)
PAYTON (if we get him)
MALONE (if we get him)
BRIAN COOK (our FUTURE STARTING PF)
LUKE WALTON (could be our SF of the FUTURE..POINT FORWARD)
PARGO (will learn a lot from payton could be our pg of the future)
GEORGE (Plays all around and KOBE trust him)

people we say bye to:

FISHER (his salary might scare off the expansion team... he'll stay as a laker
RUSH (asta) will get selected by expansion team
SLAVA (odd man out) will also get selected by expansion team
FOX (should be ready to retire..... but will also stay as a laker)
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Laker brain on Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:51 pm

I'd let go of pargo, slava,fox,and sad player that we'll have next year.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby JSM on Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:04 am

I don't agree that they should be able to do this, and force teams to give up 4 or more of their guys, especially if you are a deep team, this could really screw you over. If every team ran a 12 man roster and had to let go of 4 players...then the Bobcats would have 116 players to pick from. I think the teams should give up the players on their IR, that would give the Bobcats those players along with any free agents that are still available.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Return to Lakers Discussion