WHO HONESTLY THINKS THE LAKERS CAN STILL QUATROW

Postby Reddy on Thu May 08, 2003 5:34 am

i hear the latimes and all other media say even if la makes it pass this round, they'll lose to sactown in teh next. they say the lakers are tired from playing so many extra seasons.
what do yall think?

I 4 one, think we still hav ethe power the dominance, if we play like we did in the first round, we are shootin poorly now
we need to turn it on soon.
i say the lake show win in 6!
as 4 dah next round, i believe if we can make it past the nbas #1 team......
i think we can do it!

thoughts? :man10:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Quatrow

Postby Guest on Thu May 08, 2003 6:17 am

Tough question to answer. The (boiling) Purple and Gold that runs thru my veins says "of course. why ask?" but I'm also a smart gambler and a realist...... This is gonna be tough. If LA had lost game 2 by 10 or less I would say we'll get 'em at home. But they are not playing like a team that will win 1, let alone 4.

What caused the 0 - 2 hold we're in ?

- The owners deep pockets and short arms?
- Kupchak unwilling to make moves (due in part to deep pockets / short arms) ?
- Phil Jax unwillingness to play rookies during the year?
- Shaq putting off surgery until All Star game and putting LA in deep hole?
- Kobe's shot selection?
- Fox / George injuries?
- Role players inability to create own shot?
- Spurs?
- Refs?

My opinion: all of the above.

Postby GoldenEye on Thu May 08, 2003 6:22 am

Lakers suprise us always ... so why not this time ?
Ok I'm a sweet dreamer :man6:

GO LAKERS, Lakers in 7.
GoldenEye

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 08, 2003 6:41 am

I still and will always have faith in tha Lakers no matter what. They can pull through anything as long as they DOMINATE! The media's been against the Lakers since day 1, and they just gotta do what they gotta do. But I don't think they're drained from 3 years of extra seasons, hell the RING is what ya strive for and why the game is played right? They just gotta do with the little time they do have on the court, and play each game like if it's the last, ya feel!! COME ON LAKERS!!!!!!!! :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu May 08, 2003 6:46 am

I sent my newest article to clublakers last night, hopefully it will be up today, when it is, I want every single person that veiws this board to read it... Spurs fans uncluded :naughty1:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby KobeIsAGod on Thu May 08, 2003 10:31 am

I personally think they still have the chance, because the Lakers are known to pull off some crazy comebacks..but as much as I want to cheer and yell about how much better we are than the whole world, last night's loss brought out the humility in me and I might feel like they just don't deserve it this year. Of course it's not a huge loss, we've won 3, and we've got this whole decade as our own, but bleh, just not feeling great right now. :man5:
"It vas a lacky shat." -Vlade Divac after Horry's Game 4 winning shot.
KobeIsAGod

Postby Seawell on Thu May 08, 2003 11:16 am

As long as we have Kobe and Shaq you can't give up on this team until the clock reads 00:00 and we just lost a 4th game of a series. Until then....you just can't count these guys out.
Seawell

Postby FirstLady on Thu May 08, 2003 12:31 pm

I'm still behind the Lakers 110% and believe they will pull it out!

"LETS GO LAAAKERS!"
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby Reddy on Thu May 08, 2003 2:35 pm

i agree to all of you ! :bow: love your faith fellas!

FRIDAY IS A MUST WIN
WE WIN ON FRIDAY
WE ARE GONNA BE DOWN 2-1
AND WHAT DO WE DO WHEN WE DOWN 2-1??????????

LAST YEAR AGAINST KINGS IN WCF: AFTER BEING DOWN 2-1. WE WON SERIES 4-3.

THIS YEAR AGINST WOLVES IN 1ST ROUND, AFTER BEING DOWN 2-1.
WE WON SERIES 4-2.

SO A WIN ON FRIDAY
THE PATTERN CONTINUES!!!!!!!!!!! GO 4 IT!!!!!!!!
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Laker's will beat the spurs and win the West

Postby skillz08lakeshow! on Thu May 08, 2003 8:06 pm

I would never bet against Kobe or Shaq. it's just like the first title when they were down I think 15 going into the Fourth and everybody thought they were through..... :jam2: The Lakers haven't hit there stride yet... I predict Lakers in Sixth!
skillz08lakeshow!

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu May 08, 2003 8:12 pm

What do I think? Well...

I Believe - http://www.clublakers.com/editorials/ld2k/believe.htm
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 08, 2003 8:54 pm

It's like when the Lakers came back in the WCF of 2000... We came back with a vengance! Game 7... But this is the 3rd game, and we gotta be at 2-1, I just dont like the sound of being 3-0 cuz no team ever made a comeback...But there's always room to write some new history of our own... Lakers baby!!!!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby LakerLady on Thu May 08, 2003 9:24 pm

I'm with Reddy and others. How many times in the last three championship years have the Lakers been counted out and proved everyone wrong? Keep the faith Laker fans. It ain't over until it's over, especially with the Lakers.
LakerLady

yup

Postby k8fanatic on Thu May 08, 2003 9:48 pm

lakers CAN do it, it depends on the support. more support, less pressure on the dynamic duo. the spurs KNOW that the bench cant produce, so they put pressure on the two that CAN score. so the bench HAS to step up.. game three, yes, is a must win... or else, the lakers are prolly out.. we'll see. the thing that motivates me is that the lakers havent even played their best, yet they dont get BLOWN out. we just need to have our A game every every night. bottomline: BENCH HAS TO STEP UP!
k8fanatic

Re: yup

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 08, 2003 11:31 pm

k8fanatic wrote:lakers CAN do it, it depends on the support. more support, less pressure on the dynamic duo. the spurs KNOW that the bench cant produce, so they put pressure on the two that CAN score. so the bench HAS to step up.. game three, yes, is a must win... or else, the lakers are prolly out.. we'll see. the thing that motivates me is that the lakers havent even played their best, yet they dont get BLOWN out. we just need to have our A game every every night. bottomline: BENCH HAS TO STEP UP!

That's why Shaq and Kobe can't do it all by themselves!! We all know the bench needs to score in double figures each to balance them out, with minutes and all to boost all their confidences! We got blown out last game. It was pretty bad.. See the Lakers haven't played their best cuz Devean's out. He was a tight motivator offa the bench, and then he got injured. Now players that really never played and attributed anything gotta step up in this scenario! Come on ya'll do tha dayam thang, and prove them all wrong once again!! LAKERS BABY! :man13:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby shaqass on Sat May 10, 2003 5:38 am

WHO THINK THEY CAN QUATROW???

ME Bro, more than ever!!!!!!!!!!! :jam2:
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby GoldenEye on Sat May 10, 2003 5:49 am

And now the Queens are without Weber ... so no chance for them to win it.
They are just about making history :shaq:

GO LAKERS. WE BELIEVE IN YOU.
GoldenEye

Postby shaqass on Sat May 10, 2003 5:53 am

GoldenEye wrote:And now the Queens are without Weber ... so no chance for them to win it.

Do you really think they had a chance WITH him! :man10:

4ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
shaqass

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 10, 2003 5:56 am

Hey Webber was their leading scorer in the playoffs that's like us being without Kobe or Shaq.... But like well all said, they gotta step it up if they wanna beat the Mavs.. They got two games in a row on back to back dates to step up with.. Webbers injury came at a bad tyme for them... The Mavs can clearly take advantage of them unless they step it up. :man1:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby shaqass on Sat May 10, 2003 6:09 am

I was just kidding :man13:

Indeed the Queens without CW it's like the Lakers without Kobe...but the difference is that the Queens don't have a point guard (have you seen this coast to coast!!!! :man1: ) like SHAQ to hold the building!!!!!
shaqass

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 10, 2003 6:10 am

shaqass wrote:I was just kidding :man13:

Indeed the Queens without CW it's like the Lakers without Kobe...but the difference is that the Queens don't have a point guard (have you seen this coast to coast!!!! :man1: ) like SHAQ to hold the building!!!!!

LMAO!! Dayam Shaq took it down hard!! I thought he was gonna lose the ball when running like that upcourt!! Dayam then on another play he dunks it with his left hand and looks at his hand like "it's alive!" :man13:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Reddy on Sat May 10, 2003 8:06 am

YEah!
talk bout that fast break by shaq!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

even phil stood to clap 4 him!!!!!!!!!! :bow:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 10, 2003 6:21 pm

Yeah, I laughed when I saw phil doing that...he did it with the purpose of giving shaq the signal that if he runs the floor and plays whole court game (instead of camping out near the lane) that we will be a better team and I agree with him...
Snakell Beast

Postby k8fanatic on Sat May 10, 2003 6:27 pm

great dunk.. i hope chris weber does come back in time (but prolly not) to play the lakers. the kings fan will say, "oh we didnt have c web... asdgjsknbxcjlakjsdf" id say, get him back, play the lakers, get killed, then just give us the respect u owe us, and shut YER MOUTH TIL U WIN ONE. thats all i have to say
k8fanatic

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 10, 2003 6:31 pm

k8fanatic wrote:great dunk.. i hope chris weber does come back in time (but prolly not) to play the lakers. the kings fan will say, "oh we didnt have c web... asdgjsknbxcjlakjsdf" id say, get him back, play the lakers, get killed, then just give us the respect u owe us, and shut YER MOUTH TIL U WIN ONE. thats all i have to say

Yep... That's why they depend on Webber so much. But they need to learn that that's why they have a bench, so they can step up!
LakersGyrl2003

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion