Who should start at PF during the playoffs?

Who should start at PF during the playoffs?

Postby clublakers on Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:22 am

I think it will vary depending on the matchups, but Horry will likely get the first shot at any of the PF freaks :freak2: in the Western Conference.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby LakerPride on Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:56 am

Don't laugh, but I still think that Slava should be starting. He is a liability on defense, but he's been known to have stretches.

Why not throw him out there. He gains a ton of confidence if he starts. He is the only PF we have that can score and take a lot of the pressure off of Shaq. If he defends well enough, leave him out there. If he's fouling like a mad man or giving up layups like a madman....bring in Horry like we usually do.

Madson and Walker are certainly better defenders, but they have negative offensive skills, which means we play 4-5 most of the time on offense.

So either play 5-5 defense and 4-5 offense or maybe get lucky on defense with help d & traps, and play 5-5 offense. It's not like we wouldn't have to help Mark or Samaki against the freak 4's
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Postby Lakers4Ever on Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:23 am

I honestly think it should be either Madsen or Horry. Sorry to say but I think Slava is just a waste on defense. He's inconsistent and still looks confused out there. He may be good on the perimeter, but when it comes to defense, he always commits the foul. And pls don't give it to Walker!! He's a player that think he can shoot the ball but can't. I dunno... that's just my opinion.
Lakers4Ever

MAD DOG

Postby MONIE32373 on Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:10 pm

I THINK MAD DOG SHOULD START, HORRY PALYS SO WELL AOFF THE BENCH AND THE OTHER TWO JUST GET ON MY NERVES! :bang:
MONIE32373

Postby Danny Ainge on Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:14 pm

How about Slava LOL
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Lakers4PEAT on Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:31 pm

What about Madsen..he's been playing at a new level, I'd really like to see him playing..possibly even starting, he's proved himself and I think he's been consistent when he's started, so I dont know why Phil says he hasn't seen any consistency
Wurdizzlez!
Lakers4PEAT

Postby Guest on Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:18 am

Anyone but Samaki!!!!!!!! :disagree:

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:32 pm

Slava should start, and here is why; he has good ability defensively when he plays with confidence, which he has when he gets many minutes and or starting consideration. He will get into foul trouble for a while as he adjusts to consistently bringing physical but restrained defense (because when he gets fouls, they are becaus he is too aggressive defensively), but his offense is worth it early on since we already only use him every few games anyway, so we are not exactly missing anything and we have only points to GAIN. We can bring Horry in when Slava gets into foul trouble (or just needs rest) and use Samaki and Mark as Shaq back ups and 3rd string PFs. That sounds like the best arrangement to me, IMHO!
Snakell Beast

Return to Lakers Discussion