Who Should Be The Lakers New Head Coach?

Who should be the Lakers New Head Coach?

Phil Jackson
58%
Mike D'Antoni
24%
Jerry Sloan
11%
Nate McMillan
1%
Mike Dunleavy
2%
Bernie Bickerstaff
1%

Total votes : 124

Re: Mike D'Antoni is your New Lakers Head Coach

Postby karacha on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:10 pm

kray28 wrote:I cried and spent a month in near depression after I found out about Magic's illness.

Really?
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby kray28 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:12 pm

karacha wrote:
kray28 wrote:I cried and spent a month in near depression after I found out about Magic's illness.

Really?

I was young and very emo.
kray28

Postby Kit on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:36 pm

Wow :man4: :man4:
Kit

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:14 pm

kray28 wrote:
karacha wrote:

Really?

:man10: :man10: :man10: this was great

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby gcclaker on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:19 pm

D'Antoni is in such a difficult position... The greatest coach in League history was passed [mishandled] for him. Fans, commentators, columnists, ex-players aren't thrilled with his hiring. At least D'Antoni has found some "dark" humor about his own Laker friends telling him they were disappointed as well. It really makes me want to see the cat succeed on those grounds alone...real or perceived obstacles and assumptions in mind. This post written sans Laker colored glasses...
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakers Dynasty 24 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:45 pm

lakerswiz wrote:

No joke, that was the last day my Uncle cared about NBA basketball.

He was a HUGE Lakers fan. HUGE.

November 7th took all of that away from him. Everything. He was devastated.

Doe. v. Johnson, Magic gave HIV to one of the women he slept with. He slept with over 2,000 women, unprotected.
Lakers Dynasty 24

Postby davriver290 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:11 pm

Get over Phil not being hired. It's over, we wanted him and couldn't. It could be worse, we can be coached by Larry Brown.........
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby gcclaker on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:15 pm

davriver290 wrote:Get over Phil not being hired. It's over, we wanted him and couldn't. It could be worse, we can be coached by Larry Brown.........

Nah...it could have been MUCH worse:

No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:16 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Kit wrote:Who wouldn't love to see real tells a story with pictures, uh? hehe

His stories with pictures are just so....

I haven't kept up with this thread since Zen Master came in 2nd. Just too many posts to read them all. But dropping in last couple of pages to see what's going on and I come across this. :man10: :man10:

WTF???
LTLakerFan

Postby gill on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:18 pm

davriver290 wrote:Get over Phil not being hired. It's over, we wanted him and couldn't. It could be worse, we can be coached by Larry Brown.........

gill

Postby Kit on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:22 pm

gill wrote:

After Mike Brown getting hired, I totally thought hiring Dunleavy was possible when his name was mentioned.
Kit

Postby Lakers Dynasty 24 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:31 pm

lakerswiz wrote:
Lakers Dynasty 24 wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:

No joke, that was the last day my Uncle cared about NBA basketball.

He was a HUGE Lakers fan. HUGE.

November 7th took all of that away from him. Everything. He was devastated.

Doe. v. Johnson, Magic gave HIV to one of the women he slept with. He slept with over 2,000 women, unprotected.

?

I don't see your reasoning in posting this.

facts? about magic johnson, whom they are talking about?
Lakers Dynasty 24

Postby blakeruns on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:06 pm

karacha wrote:

Really?

i was really distraught when Kobe was asking for a trade.

when you grow up attaching a face to a franchise, it can be devastating to lose that face.
keepin it fresh eight days a week
blakeruns
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:16 pm

There have been some surreal days in Laker history that I have experienced... Johnson's HIV announcement. Riley resigning. O'Neal traded... The end of each of Jackson's runs. Hearn's passing. You look forward to the season then it HITS you as a fan that they aren't there anymore... I didn't get emotional about all of them but I couldn't say I didn't miss each of them either.

Looking forward to how it unfolds on Sunday if indeed that is when D'Antoni starts his Laker debut.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby S.R.05 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:18 pm

so when's the press conference? has it already happened?
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby gcclaker on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:so when's the press conference? has it already happened?

...I think it is slated for tomorrow. D'Antoni arrived today and is setting himself up.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:03 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
Magic Johnson signed onto Twitter, then wrote:The reason I haven't tweeted in 2 days is because I've been mourning Phil Jackson not being hired as the Lakers head coach.

Magic is going back to his playing days...he's going in...he is relentless....I like it! :man9:

Arash Markazi: Magic Johnson: "I love the Lakers but I feel they have made two critical mistakes in hiring Mike Brown and hiring Mike D'Antoni." Twitter @ArashMarkazi

Arash Markazi: Magic Johnson: "I love Dr. Buss but I don't believe in Jim Buss." Twitter @ArashMarkazi

It just has to be said....D'Antoni, I got nothing against the man. I wish him well...and that's obvious cause I want the Lakers to do well.

But why is D'Antoni even in this predicament?...its cause someone put him there. Someone mishandled this situation. So instead of fans unified for this hiring...we're divided.

But if we love our organization, we can't let shenanigans get in the way. Jimmy may do some good things and we know he does bad things...but the more he hears it, the more he makes an effort in righting the ship...towards a 'ship. He really needs to come correct for the fans. As much as Dr. Buss has given us, we've too given back to this organization. He can't just inherit the fans, like he inherited this organization. He needs to earn our support!
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby kray28 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:49 pm

Magic is just giving a voice to what is in my heart...what is in a lot of our hearts. But our voices don't have the credibility his does.

The optimists are thinking "How bad could it be? Give the guy a chance"

The rest...well they know the reality. The window is short, you need to win now, and Phil was the only one who could see it through.

Anyone else...all bets are off. This is not an indictment or even a criticism of D'Antoni, but he is not on Phil's level, he doesn't have the credibility to keep a superstar locker room together, not through the pressure and the adversity that is inevitably going to come.

I hope D'Antoni can do it....as a fan, that's my only hope, but 25 years of being a Laker fan...seeing the DNA of a championship team...I can tell it's not in the cards, not with D'Antoni. In life there are no guarantees, with Phil it wasn't a slam dunk either, but it was more probable than not.

The other thing...the elephant in the room, is keeping Dwight. Simply put, Phil keeps Dwight, Pringles, not so much. Again, I'm not saying for certain that Dwight wallks, but when his media/twitter mouthpiece reacts so angrily to the hiring...I only have to believe that Dwight is not happy with it, not when Phil was on the table too.
Last edited by kray28 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kray28

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:06 pm

:man1:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:10 pm

kray28 wrote:Magic is just giving a voice to what is in my heart...what is in a lot of our hearts. But our voices don't have the credibility his does.

The optimists are thinking "How bad could it be, give the guy a chance"

The rest...we'll they know the reality. The window is short, you need to win now, and Phil was the only one who could see it though.

Anyone else...all bets are off. This is not an indictment or even a criticism of D'Antoni, but he is not on Phil's level, he doesn't have the credibility to keep a superstar locker room together, not through the pressure and the adversity that is inevitably going to come.

I hope D'Antoni can do it....as a fan, that's my only hope, but 25 years of being a Laker fan...seeing the DNA of a championship team...I can tell it's not in the cards, not with D'Antoni. In life there are no guarantees, with Phil it wasn't a slam dunk either, but it was more probable than not.

The other thing...the elephant in the room, is keeping Dwight. Simply put, Phil keeps Dwight, Pringles, not so much. Again, I'm not saying for certain that Dwight wallks, but when his media/twitter mouthpiece reacts so angrily to the hiring...I only have to believe that Dwight is not happy with it, not when Phil was on the table too.

the dwight thing is EXACTLY what the optimists forget about when they say "everything will be alright under d'antoni."

dwight wanted to play for phil and instead of making the right move in hiring him, they instead hire an unproven coach in d'antoni. what message does that send to dwight? if the season ends in anything less than a finals appearance, i think it's safe to say that dwight will be on his way to dallas and jim buss will be the guy to blame since he's the one responsible for this entire mess in the first place (hiring brown and d'antoni)

ever since the brown hiring, passing over shaw and then phil, and then hiring d'antoni, aside from mitch bringing in nash and dwight i've really lost some faith in the FO, and the mess with phil just made it worse. a few days later and it still bothers me so much how on earth they could not only pass up the chance to bring in the greatest coach of all time to lead this talented group of men to a title, but also treat phil like complete garbage in the process. it is just mindblowing and seriously makes me mad. lakers management not only failed the team but also us, the fans. and in my eyes this mess has just begun.

i really, really do hope everything works out under d'antoni and we can all laugh at this in june, but right now that is simply a pipe dream
432J

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:24 pm

kray28 wrote:Magic is just giving a voice to what is in my heart...what is in a lot of our hearts. But our voices don't have the credibility his does.

The optimists are thinking "How bad could it be, give the guy a chance"

The rest...we'll they know the reality. The window is short, you need to win now, and Phil was the only one who could see it though.

My exact concerns. Dwight likes to talk. Dwight already as much as said after an earlier game in Utah when Kobe was seething, that "they all" (Kobe) needed to chill or lighten up. Set better tone for everyone. Paraphrasing. We all know there will be a lot of Mt. Bryant sightings every season during the tough losses. He hates to lose. Phil could have handled all this mostly behind closed doors. Pringles doesn't have that kind of weight. Plus he wears his own anxiety on his sleeve going nuts on the sideline where Phil has the calming Zen thing going with that constant smug....I'm smarter than all of you....look.

And yep if this turns into a non championship year and is a pain to Dwight going through it, he very well could bolt. I mean that part is so elemental even Jimmy should be able to figure it out. If Dwight bolts we really are effed for the future instead of what Mitch set up miraculously while getting rid of Bynum at just the right time for top value.
LTLakerFan

Postby Kingsama on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:39 pm

kray28 wrote:
karacha wrote:

Really?

you weren't alone, the day magic announced he had HIV pretty much every laker fan I knew took a huge hit. Hell most of us literally cried. I was 11 and I didn't hear Magic has HIV, I heard your hero is gonna die. It hit everyone, young and old like a ton of bricks. young emo kray was far from alone.
Kingsama

Postby karacha on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:14 pm

I guess I was simply never emo. I was sad, sure, but I definitely wasn't near depression. I was never near depression in my life. Not even when I was in the middle of the war. But that's just me, of course. :man12:

In other news, Dwight is not going anywhere, no worries.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:21 pm

for being dwights mouthpiece rudolph sure seemed to whiff on everything. who says he's still dwight's mouthpiece. are we calling him dwights mouthpiece in order to continue being chicken littles? i sure think so.

i really hate some of our fans right now. grow a damn ball sack for godsakes, get off your periods, your hormones are making this site and thread annoying

Vash i'm not talking to you, you've been level headed in your complaints, as with Rush and Lakerjones.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand