Who Should Be The Lakers New Head Coach?

Who should be the Lakers New Head Coach?

Phil Jackson
73
58%
Mike D'Antoni
30
24%
Jerry Sloan
14
11%
Nate McMillan
2
1%
Mike Dunleavy
3
2%
Bernie Bickerstaff
2
1%
 
Total votes : 124

Re: Mike D'Antoni Thread: Will be back Sunday vs Houston

Postby MusixFinest on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:43 pm

Should this team succeed and win a title, will all the Phil supporters be considered bandwagon fans? Is that a reasonable question or not?
MusixFinest

 
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:24 pm

Re: Mike D'Antoni is your Lakers Head Coach Thread

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:44 pm

Well, this guy said all the right things, everything Mike Clown stood for, D'Antoni is the opposite of that which I already love!

-Knows Jodie Meeks is catch n shoot
-wants to maximize Dwight on the pick n roll
-Lets Steve actually run the show (expected but so happy about it)

The things that really stood out to me is when he said "why not have more possessions when you have the most talent?" Which to me is true, we are or should be the most dominant team on both ends of the floor night in & night out & I have full confidence that by the way D'Antoni speaks highly of his players they will have the confidence to highlight their best attributes on this team.

I'm sold on showtime 2.0 :jam2:

people need to stop crying over Phil because it didn't happen & all this whining isn't going to bring him back, might as well keep crying over CP3
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Mike D'Antoni Thread: Will be back Sunday vs Houston

Postby 432J on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:44 pm

^
"Had Phil been hired, the Nash acquisition would have been for not."

seriously?
:man10:
Image
User avatar
432J

 
Posts: 4783
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Sherbrooke, Quebec

Re: Mike D'Antoni Thread: Will be back Sunday vs Houston

Postby OX1947 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:45 pm

Hi.
OX1947

 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: Mike D'Antoni Thread: Will be back Sunday vs Houston

Postby Sean on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:47 pm

getting his official photo

Image
"Either you are still a Laker fan, or you never were." -Guru
User avatar
Sean

 
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: Pomona

Re: Mike D'Antoni Thread: Will be back Sunday vs Houston

Postby MusixFinest on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:48 pm

Sean wrote:getting his official photo

Image


Is he going to get cropped in on team photos? Haha
MusixFinest

 
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:24 pm

Re: Mike D'Antoni Thread: Will be back Sunday vs Houston

Postby khmrP on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:49 pm

so are we gona start running his sets on Fri though even if he's not there?
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Mike D'Antoni Thread: Will be back Sunday vs Houston

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:51 pm

If people want to disagree...let them disagree. If people choose to float with the birds and the bees, then let them. No one is really right or wrong. Its a public forum...as long as the opinion has substance behind it, members should be able to express them. No one needs to be muted/silenced. If a member doesn't like what certain members say, then put them on the foe list and you won't see their posts anymore.

Anyways, back to the matters at hand...here is a follow up on Magic:

During the NBA Countdown broadcast, which also featured Michael Wilbon, Jalen Rose and Bill Simmons, Johnson said D'Antoni called him and wants to meet with him.

On Thursday, Johnson dished out a series of supportive tweets for D'Antoni.

"@LakerNation let's hope & pray that D'Antoni leads the @Lakers to a championship."

"The decision's been made that D'Antoni is the coach so we must support him. I appreciate him reaching out to me & look forward to speaking."

"We also have to remember that not everything is up to the coach, the players also must do their part."
Image
User avatar
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 13022
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:38 am
Location: Anywhere Purple & Gold

Re: Mike D'Antoni Thread: Will be back Sunday vs Houston

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:51 pm

i'm optimistic and willing to give MDA a chance


an offensive minded coach leading one of the best offensive players to ever play...and his QB is one of the best passers in the game?


i wanted Phil but im really interested to see how the team evolves moving forward
.
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
User avatar
pound4pound1

 
Posts: 6334
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:47 am
Location: 818 LAKER NATION

Re: Mike D'Antoni Thread: Will be back Sunday vs Houston

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:53 pm

khmrP wrote:so are we gona start running his sets on Fri though even if he's not there?

he doesn't run plays or sets. Did you listen to his press conference.

Much of what he wants to do on offense won't look quite like it should without Nash or be as affective. D'Antoni said that his offense is all about flow and the ball should have "energy" when its moving.
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11650
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Thread: Will be back Sunday vs Houston

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:54 pm

MDA is our coach now...so we must support him. He sounds like he knows what he's talking about...and I'm glad that he already wants to utilize some of our role players to the best of their abilities. I really hope he can get something out of Blake, Meeks and Jamison. If those 3 turn it up, our bench suddenly becomes one of the best in the league.
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11758
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Mike D'Antoni Thread: Will be back Sunday vs Houston

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:55 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:If people want to disagree...let them disagree. If people choose to float with the birds and the bees, then let them. No one is really right or wrong. Its a public forum...as long as the opinion has substance behind it, members should be able to express them. No one needs to be muted/silenced. If a member doesn't like what certain members say, then put them on the foe list and you won't see their posts anymore.

Anyways, back to the matters at hand...here is a follow up on Magic:

During the NBA Countdown broadcast, which also featured Michael Wilbon, Jalen Rose and Bill Simmons, Johnson said D'Antoni called him and wants to meet with him.

On Thursday, Johnson dished out a series of supportive tweets for D'Antoni.

"@LakerNation let's hope & pray that D'Antoni leads the @Lakers to a championship."

"The decision's been made that D'Antoni is the coach so we must support him. I appreciate him reaching out to me & look forward to speaking."

"We also have to remember that not everything is up to the coach, the players also must do their part."




glad Magic is finally calmed down...everyone was upset at first (some still are) but it's not gonna help the Lakers if he, of all people, continually take shots at the organization
.
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
User avatar
pound4pound1

 
Posts: 6334
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:47 am
Location: 818 LAKER NATION

Re: Mike D'Antoni Thread: Will be back Sunday vs Houston

Postby 432J on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:55 pm

if dan tony is bringing his usual assistants (dan dan tony and phil weber) and keeping the assistants that were already here, how the hell is there going to be room on the bench for all these coaches? just think about it

they're going to have mike dan tony, dan dan tony, phil weber, eddie jordan, bickerstaff, person, ham, and clifford. not to mention gary vitti who also sits courtside.

looks like some of the assistants are going to be demoted to the 2nd row of seats
Image
User avatar
432J

 
Posts: 4783
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Sherbrooke, Quebec

Re: Mike D'Antoni Thread: Will be back Sunday vs Houston

Postby khmrP on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:56 pm

432J wrote:if dan tony is bringing his usual assistants (dan dan tony and phil weber) and keeping the assistants that were already here, how the hell is there going to be room on the bench for all these coaches? just think about it

they're going to have mike dan tony, dan dan tony, phil weber, eddie jordan, bickerstaff, person, ham, and clifford. not to mention gary vitti who also sits courtside.

looks like some of the assistants are going to be demoted to the 2nd row of seats


why is were asst. sit a concern? :man10:
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Mike D'Antoni Thread: Will be back Sunday vs Houston

Postby 432J on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:57 pm

khmrP wrote:
432J wrote:if dan tony is bringing his usual assistants (dan dan tony and phil weber) and keeping the assistants that were already here, how the hell is there going to be room on the bench for all these coaches? just think about it

they're going to have mike dan tony, dan dan tony, phil weber, eddie jordan, bickerstaff, person, ham, and clifford. not to mention gary vitti who also sits courtside.

looks like some of the assistants are going to be demoted to the 2nd row of seats


why is were asst. sit a concern? :man10:

not necasarrily where they sit but rather why they're going to have so many assistants on the staff

most coaches only employ 4-5 assts
Image
User avatar
432J

 
Posts: 4783
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Sherbrooke, Quebec

Re: Mike D'Antoni Thread: Will be back Sunday vs Houston

Postby khmrP on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:58 pm

ok well, EJ is no longer of any use IMO, unless he has defensive inputs. He should get the boot.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Mike D'Antoni Thread: Will be back Sunday vs Houston

Postby gcclaker on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:58 pm

The important issue is D'Antoni's ability or lack of to adjust. We'll see... He appears to be more flexible and lenient unlike the last guy at the helm. Johnson's tweets are more "he's here so might as well"... The team is still in flux dealing with Nash's absence and Howard still not fully there physically. The bench roles have to be defined. It will take some time...with more bumps along the way.
No siggie...
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15196
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: Mike D'Antoni Thread: Will be back Sunday vs Houston

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:08 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:
Vasashi17 wrote:If people want to disagree...let them disagree. If people choose to float with the birds and the bees, then let them. No one is really right or wrong. Its a public forum...as long as the opinion has substance behind it, members should be able to express them. No one needs to be muted/silenced. If a member doesn't like what certain members say, then put them on the foe list and you won't see their posts anymore.

Anyways, back to the matters at hand...here is a follow up on Magic:

During the NBA Countdown broadcast, which also featured Michael Wilbon, Jalen Rose and Bill Simmons, Johnson said D'Antoni called him and wants to meet with him.

On Thursday, Johnson dished out a series of supportive tweets for D'Antoni.

"@LakerNation let's hope & pray that D'Antoni leads the @Lakers to a championship."

"The decision's been made that D'Antoni is the coach so we must support him. I appreciate him reaching out to me & look forward to speaking."

"We also have to remember that not everything is up to the coach, the players also must do their part."




glad Magic is finally calmed down...everyone was upset at first (some still are) but it's not gonna help the Lakers if he, of all people, continually take shots at the organization


Also, in the presser today Mike D. said that he wants to sit down with Magic to pick his brain cause he wants to run his offense like the Showtime Lakers. He was very complimentary of Magic today.

I think Magic is a fan and was really looking out for the fans (see "We want Phil" chants here). Its a shame that this has transgressed into Phil vs D'Antoni. Management did a piss poor way of handling this and that really put Mike D in a vulnerable position.

As fans, we should and will support this team and our new coach. I can only speak for myself, but as a detractor of this hire, my beef has really been about management disrespecting one of their own and then added their own fans to the fire by misleading us, giving us a BS explanation and essentially treating us like we're idiots not to pick up on it.

People can have their doubts about this coaching hire...and I'm sure Magic still does too. But we are all Laker fans and we're still going to support the team and this coach. But if Jimmy is listening...he needs to start proving himself to the fans. Recall that it was Magic who called out Jimmy when Kobe came out and told management to either make a stand and trade Pau or tell him that he's going to remain with the team last year (after the Cp3 nix job). Magic pretty much called out Jimmy and told him to meet with his franchise player to lay down the direction that the franchise is going in. Jimmy, after the fact, actually then reached out to Kobe and sat with him. We all can hope that after Magic called out Jimmy yet again, that he can improve in his decision making and learn from his missteps. He's going to be our future owner and we're concerned about it. If he improves himself, he improves the organization and obviously earns our respect.

He inherited this team from Pops, but he hasn't inherited the fan base. He needs to earn that.
Image
User avatar
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 13022
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:38 am
Location: Anywhere Purple & Gold

Re: Mike D'Antoni Thread: Will be back Sunday vs Houston

Postby gcclaker on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:08 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:
Vasashi17 wrote:If people want to disagree...let them disagree. If people choose to float with the birds and the bees, then let them. No one is really right or wrong. Its a public forum...as long as the opinion has substance behind it, members should be able to express them. No one needs to be muted/silenced. If a member doesn't like what certain members say, then put them on the foe list and you won't see their posts anymore.

Anyways, back to the matters at hand...here is a follow up on Magic:

During the NBA Countdown broadcast, which also featured Michael Wilbon, Jalen Rose and Bill Simmons, Johnson said D'Antoni called him and wants to meet with him.

On Thursday, Johnson dished out a series of supportive tweets for D'Antoni.

"@LakerNation let's hope & pray that D'Antoni leads the @Lakers to a championship."

"The decision's been made that D'Antoni is the coach so we must support him. I appreciate him reaching out to me & look forward to speaking."

"We also have to remember that not everything is up to the coach, the players also must do their part."

glad Magic is finally calmed down...everyone was upset at first (some still are) but it's not gonna help the Lakers if he, of all people, continually take shots at the organization

Johnson cares...that's all. It's a tough pill to swallow and I doubt it will die down anytime soon. Every misstep or loss[es] will bring the subject up. The media is loving every second of it as they now have a go to gist to any story they write. Local hack T.J. Slimers has already started. Plaschke is still crying... This will be a season to remember...hopefully for the right one come June. The Los Angeles Lakers...the best drama show in town.
No siggie...
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15196
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: Mike D'Antoni Thread: Will be back Sunday vs Houston

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:11 pm

gcclaker wrote:The important issue is D'Antoni's ability or lack of to adjust. We'll see... He appears to be more flexible and lenient unlike the last guy at the helm. Johnson's tweets are more "he's here so might as well"... The team is still in flux dealing with Nash's absence and Howard still not fully there physically. The bench roles have to be defined. It will take some time...with more bumps along the way.


Indeed GC but I believe we would've had bumps along the way with anyone coming in as HC ... including Phil. It definitely will take time. The one thing I feel good about is that MDA won't be uptight and will allow these guys to figure it out ... that reminds me of Phil. Also, that will help these guys play looser. I was worried about the defense but I'm not anymore. I think the team will be just fine especially once D12 is at full strength.

MDA will definitely be an upgrade over Brown and hopefully MDA can channel is inner Phil and become a championship winning coach. Right or wrong, if this Lakers squad does not win it all this year the Front Office will forever be remembered as passing on the guy that brought 5 championships to LA. I was thinking about this today ... Phil brought 5 of the 16 championships to the Lakers! That is insane to think about.
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
User avatar
Big Mamma Jamma

 
Posts: 2940
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:03 pm

Re: Mike D'Antoni Thread: Will be back Sunday vs Houston

Postby ThizGuy83 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:19 pm

lakerswiz wrote:You know what's hilarious?

HE'S OUR COACH NOW WE HAVE TO SUPPORT HIM!


Just like we did with Mike Brown right?

yup... if d'antoni messes up too... we all will support to get his butt out too
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
User avatar
ThizGuy83

 
Posts: 2659
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: SO CAL!!

Re: Mike D'Antoni Thread: Will be back Sunday vs Houston

Postby Aonex on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:33 pm

brandonr2001 wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:You know what's hilarious?

HE'S OUR COACH NOW WE HAVE TO SUPPORT HIM!


Just like we did with Mike Brown right?

yup... if d'antoni messes up too... we all will support to get his butt out too


And if Phil was hired and didn't win a championship?
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
User avatar
Aonex

 
Posts: 5425
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:04 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Mike D'Antoni Thread: Will be back Sunday vs Houston

Postby OX1947 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:38 pm

Aonex wrote:
brandonr2001 wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:You know what's hilarious?

HE'S OUR COACH NOW WE HAVE TO SUPPORT HIM!


Just like we did with Mike Brown right?

yup... if d'antoni messes up too... we all will support to get his butt out too


And if Phil was hired and didn't win a championship?


Pau's fault.
OX1947

 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: Mike D'Antoni Thread: Will be back Sunday vs Houston

Postby ThizGuy83 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:40 pm

Aonex wrote:
brandonr2001 wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:You know what's hilarious?

HE'S OUR COACH NOW WE HAVE TO SUPPORT HIM!


Just like we did with Mike Brown right?

yup... if d'antoni messes up too... we all will support to get his butt out too


And if Phil was hired and didn't win a championship?

dunno... how did it go with his last season of coaching?
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
User avatar
ThizGuy83

 
Posts: 2659
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: SO CAL!!

Re: Mike D'Antoni Thread: Will be back Sunday vs Houston

Postby khmrP on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:43 pm

brandonr2001 wrote:
Aonex wrote:
brandonr2001 wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:You know what's hilarious?

HE'S OUR COACH NOW WE HAVE TO SUPPORT HIM!


Just like we did with Mike Brown right?

yup... if d'antoni messes up too... we all will support to get his butt out too


And if Phil was hired and didn't win a championship?

dunno... how did it go with his last season of coaching?


Pau's fault :man10:
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Barnstable, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, trodgers and 15 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.