Who's that guy next to Farmar?

Who's that guy next to Farmar?

Postby Mojzi on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:51 pm

Mojzi

Re: Who's that guy next to Farmar?

Postby BDG on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:57 pm

Marco Nunez ... he's on the training staff.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakeshow24 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:32 am

Who's that guy next to that guy next to Farmar?
Who cares?
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:19 am

I found the current Lakers Media Guide online. I flipped through its pages, and it looks like most or all of the people in that picture are identified in it, in case you're wondering who they are. Here's the link: Lakers Media Guide 2009-10
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:23 am

Lakeshow24 wrote:Who's that guy next to that guy next to Farmar?
Who cares?

I don't really care either, but he's massage therapist Marko Yrjovuori according to the guide I posted, in case anyone is wondering. :man10:

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby bokeron on Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:08 am

Somebodys looking for a familiar resemblance. A lost dad or something. :man9:
bokeron

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula

Postby Jon on Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:29 am

He looks like Ross from "Friends". Every time the camera is on the bench and I see him, he reminds me of Ross. Seriously he resembles the character so much.
Jon

Postby arkeroako on Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:30 am

Look at Ammo's face,

PRICELESS!!!!! :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

Whenever I'm sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead! True Story - Barney Stinson
arkeroako

Postby dj vitus on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:54 am

I was gonna say Tom Cruise, but I see you meant the other guy.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Justin Bailey on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Oh, that's Sasha Vujacic...He used to be a decent player.
KOBE G.O.A.T. wrote:Human is not car.
Justin Bailey

Postby Dratini927 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:17 pm

arkeroako wrote:Look at Ammo's face,

PRICELESS!!!!! :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

I was going to say, it looks like he's about to murder somebody lol.
Matt the Drat

Dratini927

Postby Nikez on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:19 pm

I thought it was emplay.
Before long, someone recognized Phil Jackson sitting in the front seat, and then the rocks began to fly. Revelers pelted the bus and shook it, mocking the Lakers at their lowest moment.

It was painful,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol(notes) said. “It is a feeling that I want to keep in my mind for every single minute that I’m out there playing them.
Nikez

Postby LakeShow09 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:19 pm

So they made Mitch take the photo? :man11: :man11:
LakeShow09

Postby sharko on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:42 pm

Recently I've wondered who that guy with black hair and goatee always sitting behind the announcers is. He was holding up a KO-BE sign the last game at staples. He's there EVERY game.
sharko

Postby Lakeshow75 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:00 pm

sharko wrote:Recently I've wondered who that guy with black hair and goatee always sitting behind the announcers is. He was holding up a KO-BE sign the last game at staples. He's there EVERY game.

http://www.sheppardmullin.com/rsimmons

His name is Richard J. Simmons, and he's a pretty big name in Employment Law. Went to a seminar of his last year, and got to meet him. Totally awesome guy, very cool. Spent a lot of time talking Lakers. He's had season seats since the early 80's. The guy who sits next to him is the guy who designed this years championship ring, so he actually got an authentic one, and wears it.
Lakeshow75

Postby Lakeshow75 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:03 pm

I've always wondered who to the two ladies are that sit together, next to the visiting team bench at Staples are. Couple of seats down from Jack. An always well dressed gray haired lady, and an short Asian lady. They're also at EVERY game, too. They've got to be someone famous, or important to have those seats.
Lakeshow75

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:33 pm

Lakeshow75 wrote:
sharko wrote:Recently I've wondered who that guy with black hair and goatee always sitting behind the announcers is. He was holding up a KO-BE sign the last game at staples. He's there EVERY game.

His name is Richard J. Simmons, and he's a pretty big name in Employment Law. Went to a seminar of his last year, and got to meet him. Totally awesome guy, very cool. Spent a lot of time talking Lakers. He's had season seats since the early 80's. The guy who sits next to him is the guy who designed this years championship ring, so he actually got an authentic one, and wears it.

Thanks for the info. I've wondered who that guy is as well. He seems like a diehard Lakers fan. When Ron Artest was ejected during Game 2 of the Lakers-Rockets series last year, he gave Ron the middle finger. I guess he's not gonna do that anymore (at least not to Ron, anyway). :man10:

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:38 pm

Lakeshow75 wrote:I've always wondered who to the two ladies are that sit together, next to the visiting team bench at Staples are. Couple of seats down from Jack. An always well dressed gray haired lady, and an short Asian lady. They're also at EVERY game, too. They've got to be someone famous, or important to have those seats.

It's a mystery as to who they are, but I know they've been sitting there a long time. On YouTube, there's a clip of when Magic clinched the Lakers win over the Blazers in Game 6 of the 1991 WCF to get them to that year's Finals. In that video, you can see those two ladies courtside at the Forum (much younger, of course). :man1:

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby sharko on Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:53 pm

Lakeshow75 wrote:

Wow, yep that's definitely him. Lots of familiar faces in the crowd that aren't celebrities, that's for sure.
sharko

Postby LakeShow09 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:23 am

The lovely lesbians at Staples Center

At Staples Center in Los Angeles, there's "caveman", at center court, with dark black hair and goatee. There's the Alice Cooper look-alike with long locks and a western hat. I'm told he's a real estate big-wig. Vic the Brick, the purple and gold rabbi. And my favorites, the lesbians.

That's what I call them. Of course I don't know for sure, but they are an adorable couple. They never miss a game. I mean NEVER. And they are always together, clapping, cheering, and acting like real fans.

And with courtside tickets priced at $2,500 a pop, these lesbians have invested their money wisely.

They sit directly beside the visiting team's coaches and can be seen on the right side of the photo in this post. Who is the woman on the right? A philanthropist from Pasadena? And her partner? A poker-faced mystery.

In a city where fans miss the fourth quarter to get a jump on traffic, its wonderful to see them stick it out through garbage time on a regular basis. To me, the lesbians are Laker fixtures as much as Jack Nicholson or Billy Bertka.

Cheers to you, lesbian Laker fans. You put me at ease when I see you in your seats.

http://petehandelman.blogspot.com/2009/01/lovely-lesbians-at-staples-center.html
LakeShow09

Postby blakeruns on Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:42 am

seriously, i want to know who that little asian lady is!!!!!! it has been pestering me for years
keepin it fresh eight days a week
blakeruns
CL Global Moderator

Postby Mojzi on Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:01 am

Justin Bailey wrote:Oh, that's Sasha Vujacic...He used to be a decent player.

Thanks man, finally a useful answer. :)
Mojzi

Postby bokeron on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:49 am

blakeruns wrote:seriously, i want to know who that little asian lady is!!!!!! it has been pestering me for years

Lakers lore has a name for her : Jet Woo Kim
bokeron

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula

Return to Lakers Discussion