Who will lead the Lakers in Scoring?

Who will lead the Lakers in Scoring?

Postby Laker brain on Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:29 am

I think Kobe will Score more but Shaq will be very close.

Kobe 26.5 ppg
Shaq 25.7 ppg
(If we get a third scorer)

Kobe 31.4ppg
Shaq 28.7ppg
(without a 3rd option)
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby FirstLady on Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:12 pm

I like your preditions! I also think Shaq will be Finals MVP! :jam2:
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:36 pm

Of course it will be Kobe and Shaq. That is a no brainer...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Agree

Postby mazter_roshi on Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:37 pm

"Kobe 26.5 ppg
Shaq 25.7 ppg
(If we get a third scorer)

Kobe 31.4ppg
Shaq 28.7ppg
(without a 3rd option)"

I agree but at the same time I have a personal idea of what will also affect the ppb between these two phenomenal players. This season Shaq didn't take as many field goal attempts as other seasons and obviously he missed the first few games. But one thing is that when he is in shape he is more efficient with FG% so if he gets in shape to the extent he can in a few months he doesn't have to shoot a lot to score and he can stay in the game longer because offensive fouls may not be called as much, at least less fake one's. With him in the game longer, stronger, he draws quadruple teams and finds open guys. He will shoot a little more but will score more, and Kobe will explode cuz of the criticism of the team and against him. I think Kobe will probably hit the 32 ppg mark and have a higher 3 point FG%. I agree with your predictions, I think with a third scorer they might get a little more points and won't have to shoot too much leaving space for other players to improve improving the teams ppg. But I also think in the next two seasons Shaq will be in the realm of 30 ppg. But your predictions not only seem realistic but may very well hit the nail on the head.

Mark the words of the Lakers, for the Spurs who came into our house and ended our season, we will end your post-season much stronger and remind you who the TRUE champions are!!! :jam2:
mazter_roshi

Return to Lakers Discussion