Who would you rather have after Kobe's era

Re: Who would you rather have after Kobe's era

Postby Satan on Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:35 pm

Durant has the potential to be something unique. Lebron already is. I'll take Lebron any day an twice on Sunday.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby hustla108 on Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:49 pm

1) chris paul
2) brandon roy
3) jennings--if hes good as hes showing lol
hustla108

Postby GinoDB on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:19 pm

GinoDB wrote:Jennings ( I really dont know, just throwing a different name out here)

hmm maybe I should give myself more credit :man9:
GinoDB

Postby shehatesme on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:22 pm

either lebron or wade. i'd trade kobe for either one of them now. don't flame me for saying that though. I still love kobe.
United, Man united,
We’re the boys in red and we're on our way to Wembley!
Wembley, Wembley,
We're the famous Man united and we're going to Wembley,
Wembley, Wembley,
We're the famous Man united and we're going to Wembley
shehatesme

Postby KB24 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:55 am

^dude, wade will be 28 in a couple of weeks...when exactly did you expect him to take over Kobe's torch? :freak2:

he is way too old...you better look at someone who is 22 and younger...

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby KobeFoThree on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:54 pm

shehatesme wrote:either lebron or wade. i'd trade kobe for either one of them now. don't flame me for saying that though. I still love kobe.

wow, now that is ban worthy. especially trading for wade.
8 + 24 > 23 + 6
KobeFoThree

Postby noobiew on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:14 pm

Wade body already been bumped too much for his career, his body just couldn't resists anymore damage and i am guessing he might retire when he just 32, earlier than Kobe :man11:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby lalfan on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:50 pm

Durant is overrated. he can be a real force the 1st three quarters, but when it's clutch time, most of the time he disappears. give me LeBron and no one else. d wade is nice, but he's too small to be a dominate force once he put enough mileage on his body, and he's what 3 years younger than kobe?
lalfan

Postby lalfan on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:52 pm

shehatesme wrote:either lebron or wade. i'd trade kobe for either one of them now. don't flame me for saying that though. I still love kobe.

haha, i thought i was the only one having this idea in my head. for those who say they won't trade kobe for LeBron right now is not a laker fan, they're kobe fans and his fans only. imagine having LeBron and Bynum together and maybe flip gasol for a 1st class young point guard. man oh man, our franchise is set for the next 10 years.
lalfan

Postby GoatMilk16 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:47 pm

who the hell wants OJ?

dude's wack
not a franchise player.
GoatMilk16

Postby KobeFoThree on Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:08 pm

^ i agree, he's pretty overrated. he would make a pretty sweat 3rd option though :man1:
8 + 24 > 23 + 6
KobeFoThree

Postby 1724 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:25 pm

I like Andrew Bynum and Chris Paul together. #17 Bynum and CP3 can be the ultimate one-two punch.

Postby GinoDB on Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:29 pm

1724 wrote:I like Andrew Bynum and Chris Paul together. #17 Bynum and CP3 can be the ultimate one-two punch.
my favorite player and my most hated player :disagree: , no thanks on Paul
GinoDB

Postby 1724 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:32 pm

Why you hate Chris Paul?

Postby The Original 81 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:35 pm

lalfan wrote:

haha, i thought i was the only one having this idea in my head. for those who say they won't trade kobe for LeBron right now is not a laker fan, they're kobe fans and his fans only. imagine having LeBron and Bynum together and maybe flip gasol for a 1st class young point guard. man oh man, our franchise is set for the next 10 years.

Or maybe as a Lakers fan you appreciate what Kobe has done for the franchise? Get the hell out of here with that crap.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby therealdeal on Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:42 pm

lalfan wrote:

Wow. Patented ignorance right there.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby KobeFoThree on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:05 pm

lalfan wrote:

complete and utter disrespect for the man that has brought so much joy to laker nation for 13 seasons(and counting). Kobe has committed so much of his personal time to bring us 4 championships, he's worked so hard every off season to make sure he is in tip top shape to dominate the league. that would so jacked up if Buss just decided to ship him out. Kobe is a Laker for life, and he's earned his stay. get out of here with that lebron crap, what has he ever done for us? and most importantly what has he ever won?

and get out of here with that "kobe fans and his fans only", Kobe is too beloved in LA to just throw away. oh and what's this talk about flipping Gasol? if kupcake traded my two favorite players away, man is he going to get a nasty call :mad1:
8 + 24 > 23 + 6
KobeFoThree

Postby lalfan on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:05 pm

KobeFoThree wrote:
lalfan wrote:

complete and utter disrespect for the man that has brought so much joy to laker nation for 13 seasons(and counting). Kobe has committed so much of his personal time to bring us 4 championships, he's worked so hard every off season to make sure he is in tip top shape to dominate the league. that would so jacked up if Buss just decided to ship him out. Kobe is a Laker for life, and he's earned his stay. get out of here with that lebron crap, what has he ever done for us? and most importantly what has he ever won?

and get out of here with that "kobe fans and his fans only", Kobe is too beloved in LA to just throw away. oh and what's this talk about flipping Gasol? if kupcake traded my two favorite players away, man is he going to get a nasty call :mad1:

oh give me a break, i'll take a laker dynasty for the next 10 years over a short two three year title run in a heart beat. and trust me, if kupchak has the deal to swap out kobe for lebron right now on his table, he'll definitely take a long hard look at it. it's a business, kobe has done a lot for this franchise over the last 13 years but when it comes to set up your franchise for the next 10 year, our front office should never hesitate. but who am i kidding, there is no way cleveland would ever do this trade unless lebron forces them to and kobe agree with it since he has the no trade clause, so chill out people.
lalfan

Postby therealdeal on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:17 pm

This franchise is not looking to trade Kobe. For anyone.

You're allowed your opinion, but my opinion is that yours sucks.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:01 am

Deron Williams.

If Kobe's gone, then Phil is probably gone too. We'll have to pursue a traditional offense.

Deron Williams is the best young PG at throwing the post-entry pass. He's been doing it for a few years with Boozer. Run a traditional offense through Williams and Bynum and we have something going.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby FloY on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:17 am

cp3 + bynum

and some new bench which could be anyone in 5 years.

bynum is our future.

lebron wont come to LA becuase this is kobe town. i would like him to replace kobe but after kobe is done/ timing is all wrong!
FloY

Postby GinoDB on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:47 am

1724 wrote:Why you hate Chris Paul?

why do you not, his flopping on the offensive end is a disgrace to the game, plus he plays dirty
GinoDB

Postby Thenextgreat on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:36 am

Give me John Wall and Xavier Henry.. :man1:
Thenextgreat

Postby LakerFanIam on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:28 am

I want Smush Parker, Brian Cook, Vlad Radmanovich, Kwame Brown & LeBron James... Just to see how far LBJ could take those hacks...
Last edited by LakerFanIam on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
LakerFanIam

Postby Lakers3peat on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:29 am

OJ MAYO :jam2: :jam2:
Lakers3peat

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion