Who would you rather have after Kobe's era

Re: Who would you rather have after Kobe's era

Postby Lakers3peat on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:31 am

KobeFoThree wrote:
lalfan wrote:
shehatesme wrote:

haha, i thought i was the only one having this idea in my head. for those who say they won't trade kobe for LeBron right now is not a laker fan, they're kobe fans and his fans only. imagine having LeBron and Bynum together and maybe flip gasol for a 1st class young point guard. man oh man, our franchise is set for the next 10 years.

complete and utter disrespect for the man that has brought so much joy to laker nation for 13 seasons(and counting). Kobe has committed so much of his personal time to bring us 4 championships, he's worked so hard every off season to make sure he is in tip top shape to dominate the league. that would so jacked up if Buss just decided to ship him out. Kobe is a Laker for life, and he's earned his stay. get out of here with that lebron crap, what has he ever done for us? and most importantly what has he ever won?

and get out of here with that "kobe fans and his fans only", Kobe is too beloved in LA to just throw away. oh and what's this talk about flipping Gasol? if kupcake traded my two favorite players away, man is he going to get a nasty call :mad1:

oh give me a break, i'll take a laker dynasty for the next 10 years over a short two three year title run in a heart beat. and trust me, if kupchak has the deal to swap out kobe for lebron right now on his table, he'll definitely take a long hard look at it. it's a business, kobe has done a lot for this franchise over the last 13 years but when it comes to set up your franchise for the next 10 year, our front office should never hesitate. but who am i kidding, there is no way cleveland would ever do this trade unless lebron forces them to and kobe agree with it since he has the no trade clause, so chill out people.

Did we not just win a championship last year?
Lakers3peat

Postby from714to402 on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:04 am

How about we clone Kobe and then just have him for another 15 years?
from714to402

Postby KobeFoThree on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:24 am

lalfan wrote:

oh give me a break, i'll take a laker dynasty for the next 10 years over a short two three year title run in a heart beat. and trust me, if kupchak has the deal to swap out kobe for lebron right now on his table, he'll definitely take a long hard look at it. it's a business, kobe has done a lot for this franchise over the last 13 years but when it comes to set up your franchise for the next 10 year, our front office should never hesitate. but who am i kidding, there is no way cleveland would ever do this trade unless lebron forces them to and kobe agree with it since he has the no trade clause, so chill out people.
[/quote]

calm the eff down, we aren't trading Kobe for anybody. so your post is completely irrelevant.

and if you like James so much, move to Cleveland.
8 + 24 > 23 + 6
KobeFoThree

Postby Satan on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:28 pm

LOL if yall think management wouldn't trade Kobe for Bron in a heartbeat if they had that offer.

Any team in the league would trade the best player on their team for Bron. Most teams would trade several of their best.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby The Original 81 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:34 pm

Satan wrote:LOL if yall think management wouldn't trade Kobe for Bron in a heartbeat if they had that offer.

Any team in the league would trade the best player on their team for Bron. Most teams would trade several of their best.

So lemme get this straight. In your opinion, Bron is head and shoulders above everyone else in the league and it's not close at all?
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Juronimo on Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:08 pm

Satan wrote:LOL if yall think management wouldn't trade Kobe for Bron in a heartbeat if they had that offer.

This.

I'd do it to if I were Mitch. Yes Kobe is better at this moment but Lebron is 25, never hurt, and has never had any real talent around him. Put him on this squad with Gasol, Odom, Artest and Bynum and we're straight for the next 8 years.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby The Original 81 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:26 pm

Juronimo wrote:

This.

I'd do it to if I were Mitch. Yes Kobe is better at this moment but Lebron is 25, never hurt, and has never had any real talent around him. Put him on this squad with Gasol, Odom, Artest and Bynum and we're straight for the next 8 years.

But would you consider everything Kobe's done for the franchise, or just boom you'd do it without question?
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby karacha on Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:35 pm

Frankly, I think most people would consider everything Kobe's done for the franchise... and then trade him for Bron. I mean, the guy is built like a tank, is never hurt, and is 25 years old.

This is pure fantasy talk here though.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:55 am

The Original 81 wrote:

So lemme get this straight. In your opinion, Bron is head and shoulders above everyone else in the league and it's not close at all?

Exactly. I think Kobe is still the better player and easily the better fit for this team. There's no way as a GM I trade Kobe for LeBron right now.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Nikez on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:44 am

I think if we trade kobe for bron right now we'd actually have a big obstacle by facing the cavs in the finals.
Before long, someone recognized Phil Jackson sitting in the front seat, and then the rocks began to fly. Revelers pelted the bus and shook it, mocking the Lakers at their lowest moment.

It was painful,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol(notes) said. “It is a feeling that I want to keep in my mind for every single minute that I’m out there playing them.
Nikez

Postby Nikez on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:45 am

Plus imagine kobe and shaq re-united. lulz
Before long, someone recognized Phil Jackson sitting in the front seat, and then the rocks began to fly. Revelers pelted the bus and shook it, mocking the Lakers at their lowest moment.

It was painful,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol(notes) said. “It is a feeling that I want to keep in my mind for every single minute that I’m out there playing them.
Nikez

Postby The Original 81 on Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:49 pm

therealdeal wrote:
The Original 81 wrote:

Exactly. I think Kobe is still the better player and easily the better fit for this team. There's no way as a GM I trade Kobe for LeBron right now.

Same here.
The Original 81

Postby purp n gold on Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:54 pm

I'm a fan of Chris Paul, Kevin Durant and even Brandon Jennings.

Call me crazy but I have questions about Lebron going forward. He's probably one of the most entertaining players to watch, but there will come a time his athleticism fades. And it's then he'll have to develop a consistent jump shot. But as soon as he does that, watch out.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby thkthebest on Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:04 pm

LeBron's jumper has looked pretty good this season.
thkthebest

Postby TT24 on Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:12 pm

LeBron, Melo, or KD.
TT24

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:53 am

thkthebest wrote:LeBron's jumper has looked pretty good this season.

It has. Much better than previous years. He's more of a pull up shooter though. I haven't seen him really do much besides drive and pull up shots. Maybe it's because we get to watch Kobe all season long, but his shot still seems limited to me.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Satan on Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:36 am

The Original 81 wrote:So lemme get this straight. In your opinion, Bron is head and shoulders above everyone else in the league and it's not close at all?

No, in my opinion every general manager and owner in the league would trade any one of their players for him without thinking twice. Just like I said.

As far as what I personally think, Lebron is as good as or better than any other player in the league at this time. Some he's much better than, others are close to his skill level.

Apart from his skills and abilities you have to factor entertainment value. Owners are in the business to make money. Lebron will make them lots of it, more than any other player in the league.

Kobe on the Cavs would not be a challenge to us in the playoffs. I doubt they would make it past the Celtics.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby The Original 81 on Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:48 pm

Satan wrote:
The Original 81 wrote:So lemme get this straight. In your opinion, Bron is head and shoulders above everyone else in the league and it's not close at all?

No, in my opinion every general manager and owner in the league would trade any one of their players for him without thinking twice. Just like I said.

As far as what I personally think, Lebron is as good as or better than any other player in the league at this time. Some he's much better than, others are close to his skill level.

Apart from his skills and abilities you have to factor entertainment value. Owners are in the business to make money. Lebron will make them lots of it, more than any other player in the league.

Kobe on the Cavs would not be a challenge to us in the playoffs. I doubt they would make it past the Celtics.

You also said most teams would trade several of their best players. Logically, you're kinda saying he's the best and nobody comes close.

And I don't disagree, Bron can make you money as an owner but doesn't Kobe have the best selling jersey? I think Bron's popularity is a little overrated too.

And Kobe on the Cavs wouldn't be a challenge to us, but it's not like Bron and the Cavs are.
The Original 81

Postby KobeFoThree on Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:24 pm

sorry but Kobe is still the most popular player in the league, which is surprising considering how ESPN seems to run a smear campaign against him, and how much Lebron/Dwade they force feed us.
8 + 24 > 23 + 6
KobeFoThree

Postby Ianxcom on Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:00 pm

Juronimo wrote:Put him on this squad with Gasol, Odom, Artest and Bynum and we're straight for the next 8 years.

Imagine. For 24 seconds everyone just passing the ball until the clock runs out. Most unselfish team EVER.
Goodbye Odom, you will be missed
Ianxcom

Location: We always think there's something better in the place we are not, In dreams the reality of it all...

Postby BadCoaching on Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:02 pm

Kobes got 6 strong years left I'm sticking with him. People like to compare him with Jordan let the man play in his 30's and win just like MJ did.

I have a feeling theres an epic fail about to hit Lebron land.
BadCoaching

Postby thkthebest on Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:41 pm

I don't understand how trades came up. This is about who we would like after Kobe retired.
thkthebest

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:12 pm

Hmm. Interesting. I'm hoping we could get another Kobe.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby thkthebest on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:53 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Hmm. Interesting. I'm hoping we could get another Kobe.

Would that mean Bynum is our next Shaq?
thkthebest

Postby earvinfr on Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:40 am

Do you think Tyreke Evans can be interresting ? I never had a chance to see him play, butt he has preety good numbers for a rookie on an average team.

I never had the opportunity to see him play so I don't know if he can be a star in the future ?
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion