Why did we not make Sessions a priority

Why did we not make Sessions a priority

Postby Vlade_12 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:14 am

It still boggles my mind. Yes he struggled in postseason against Westbrook but he didn't. Ok I get we acquires the 38 year old Nash with a history of back problems. Didn't we realize he was leaving the Suns world class trainers and the probability of him getting hurt was greater, which has happened.

Sessions is merely making one million more then Steve Blake 5 compared to 4. It boggles the mind we didn't cut Blake who has been trash since replacing Farmar. Sessions would have been the perfect 6 man

Why:
More minutes as a supersub as Nash rested
Start games for Nash when he sits

Imagine Sessions giving J Hill, Jamison, Meeks open looks.
Duhon is average Sessions would have thrived as a young counter part to Nash. Look how well Dragic did with Nash. I really feel we dropped the ball not bringing back as 6th man while keeping another old man in Blake.

People might say well he didnt want to come back, but rest assure Lakers never said publicy their main priority was to bring Sessions back and he was part of the future. If the Lakers had been more aggressive with Sessions I could not see him leaving. Such a pity he is on the bobcats after we gave up a first from a team who needs more talented youth
Howard Gasol
Clark Hill
MWP
Kobe Meeks
Nash Duhon
Playoff rotation! Bring Casspi or Ariza back home for a Title Run Mitch!!!
Vlade_12

Re: Why did we not make Sessions a priority

Postby therealdeal on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:18 am

:man10:

Uh what? The kid/his agent freaked out immediately upon the signing of Steve Nash. What did you want the Lakers to do exactly? Throw a ton of money his way to keep him even though he wanted out?

Retrospectively I'm sure it's easy to say "oh man we should have paid Sessions", but in the moment Nash over Sessions isn't a discussion.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby ElginTheGreat on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:23 am

Yeah. I wouldn't have minded us bringing him back at the right price, but this one isn't on Lakers management.
ElginTheGreat

Postby Frank Dux on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:26 am

Because he signed with the worst team in the league. That should tell you everything you need to know about him.

Some guys just can't handle the bright lights of L.A.
Frank Dux

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:29 am

Vlade_12 wrote:

People might say well he didnt want to come back, but rest assure Lakers never said publicy their main priority was to bring Sessions back and he was part of the future. If the Lakers had been more aggressive with Sessions I could not see him leaving. Such a pity he is on the bobcats after we gave up a first from a team who needs more talented youth

the 1st rd also got rid of Walton if you forgot....also Sess was going to milk this team for all they got if Nash wasn't available, that is why his agent went crazy on twitter before deleting his retarted tweets. He settled for the same salary in Cha because he was closer to home and had a chance to start. His ppg/asst avg. look nice but try looking at his fg%, 37% from the field and 23% from 3's? He would've def. suffered under Brown to begin the season thats for sure, dont know what he would be doing with these horrible % under Pringles.
khmrP

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:34 am

This is all hindsight. No one complained about Sessions walking when it happened. No one could've predicted injuries to our 2 PGs.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:34 am

this rant and :man6: sounds just like all the "bring back Ariza" crowd, just crying over "past" glories and not even giving any notice to present day play/production of said players.
khmrP

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:39 am

Because HE left.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Return to Lakers Discussion