Why Kobe Hasn't Spoken Yet

Postby BDG on Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:53 am

I was just watching the Southern California Sports Report and they had a Legal Analyst from NY on the show. He said that the procedure in this case isn't looking good on the part of the Sheriff's Department. He said that the case was "on the border of being acceptable."

As far as why Kobe hasn't come out to talk yet, he said and I quote, "the upside of looking good on tv is nowhere near" doing well in the case if they decide to press charges.

He felt that they probably will not press charges because they have delayed for so long and have been so "tight-lipped" about the information in the allegations.

This is pretty good news coming from a professional in the legal realm.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Coppertop on Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:01 am

Unfortunately, I've heard several other "experts" say the exact opposite, claiming that the extended period of time they are spending on this only shows that they don't wanna blow their procedures like they did the first time. A lot of the legal experts are stating that charges are likely based on what seems to be a plethora of evidence.

Anybody know how many people were in Kobe's room? Just he and the body guards for sure right?
Coppertop

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:55 am

Yea... Just him and his entourage... 3 other men to be exact... But Kobe hasn't spoken becuz that's prolly what his lawyer is tellin him to do. She knows what's best, and I'm sure she can handle it.... OH yea, from what I heard, his lawyer is a female... am i right?
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Ring It Up on Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:54 am

Yes, she is a female.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby Reddy on Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:48 am

I really really hope and pray there will be no charges so we can all get back on track on the NBA Championship! :jam2:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Lakerqueen on Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:28 pm

Yes, Kobe's attorney is Pamela Mackey and she is based in Denver.
Lakerqueen

Postby LakerLady on Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:15 pm

I've also heard Kobe's been advised not to say anything at this point, and legal experts on numerous shows have said this is smart. You know anything he'd say would be twisted by the media and others.
LakerLady

Postby BDG on Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:19 pm

exactly. it's not just the DA that's after him, the media will LINGER ON AND MILK EVERY SINGLE WORD that comes out of Kobe's mouth. The last thing Kobe needs right now is MORE bad publicity.

He should let the truth speak for itself if he wants to clear up his name.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:22 am

The only words that I want to hear from Kobe's mouth, is his guarantee of claiming his 4th title this coming year.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Laker brain on Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:32 am

true
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Return to Lakers Discussion