Why Madsen should be resigned.

After Horry, who should the lakers try and resign.

Poll ended at Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:33 pm

Madsen
100%
Walker
No votes

Total votes : 17

Why Madsen should be resigned.

Postby kingjsun on Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:33 pm

Once apon a time, the Pacers visited our lovely Staples Center. Sometime during the game Madsen recieved a pass and went up for a pump fake then jump hook that Shaq would tip in for two. Well, during that play, Madsen lost a shoe. The Pacers quickly inbounded the ball and so Madsen got back on defensive, without his shoe. While getting into his defensive stance, he took off the sock for better traction. Pacers must of been in shock or something, but the Lakers would get the ball back. With the Lakers in control and the ball in Kobe's hand, Madsen with one bare foot, still runs his offensive part by setting a pick for Kobe. Kobe didn't use the pick, instead he called a twenty so Madsen could put his shoe and sock back on. That is HEART! Players Like that come few and far between. During the timeout Shaq could smell the heart. Actually, he lifted Madsen bare foot and smelt that.
Buckle up! This off season is going to be some ride...
kingjsun

Postby Coppertop on Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:35 pm

Probably shouldn't resign either one unless no backup for Shaq is available. Madsen if I HAVE to choose one.
Coppertop

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:16 pm

I wouldn't try and get either of them, but if there's no one else available, then I'd choose Mad Dogg over Samawho. Mad Dogg's intensity on the court is very uplifting, and he has a tendency to get a lil' carried away, but that's just the way he balls, it up. It's hard to find players that give 120% like he does though. I love the fact that he gets into the opponents head, but in a sence he has to me of an offensive threat so his man wont leave him and double team someone else too.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby murcielago62 on Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:28 pm

There is no question, gotta re-sign Mad Dog. Plays good defense and he's a fan favorite. Besides, who's gonna dance when we win next season :man1: :man1:
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby LARolePlayer on Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:38 pm

If we have room we got to resign him!MadDog is all heart and energy!I'll miss his spark :man6:
Role Players turn our team from being great to the GREATEST!!!
LARolePlayer

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:52 pm

The better question to ask is does anyone want Sumaki Walker back next year? He gave us less than nothing last year.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby hi on Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:44 pm

madsen sucks.. im sick of hearing the same lame reasons to keep him "energy" and some other bs..

madsen is a horrible basketball player we should NOT resign him
hi

Postby Dejaman on Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:53 pm

Madsen may not be much of a basketball player....
but he's a Laker Soilder!

He gives 100% and he NEVER backs down!
Thats more than I can say for
Fish, Rush, No hands Walker, Horry, and sometimes diesel....

He won't be a starter next year, hell he may not even play much but he deserves a spot on this team...

Laker Soilders up
Hoes down
Dejaman

Postby kingjsun on Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:19 am

Imagine if Madsen had Medvedenko's touch.
Buckle up! This off season is going to be some ride...
kingjsun

Postby clublakers on Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:47 am

kingjsun, I'm glad you used that reference. I said after that game that the "sock incident" would be the event that get's him resigned. As I recall Madsen also went down on the block and called for an entry pass with his bare boot.

In my opinion Walker is worthless to us and doesn't even make the long list for the Lakers.

Madsen on the other hand is a great locker room guy and is a good guy to have at the end of the bench. Lets face it, our 11-13 roster members will never get PT anyway, so it might as well be Madsen waiving a towel at 13.

First we'll have to see if we sign and trade for Malone and Payton to determine if Pargo, Slava, Rush and DFish will be with us next season.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:31 pm

Fox Sports showed that Sock incident on You Gotta See This. lol.... I saw it like 2 days ago... See we need that kinda determination!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:10 pm

I like Madsen's work ethic in practice and his positive.

How about Mitch signs Mad Dog as an assistant coach for the next year or two, and when Malone retires or other people leaves the team, then we can create a spot for him in the active roster.

Madsen will have a similar role as Avery Johnson in Dallas last year. He was signed as an assistant coach, but when injuries occur, he stepped right in and played.

This way we creatively kept Madsen in our team and his positive attitude and cheerlaeding tactics stays with the Lakers.

Also, maybe as a practice player/assistant coach, he can learn something from Karl.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:23 pm

get rid of BOTH!!! they both suck.... lets give someone else a try.... they can't possibly do any worse.
#1_Kobe_fan

Return to Lakers Discussion