WHY??

WHY??

Postby Mookie on Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:08 pm

Why do u guys want to trade Fisher and George??
Theyre so good, Fisher plays every game, as if its his last game ever, he's just like Kenyon Martin, they play 110% every single game.
And George, he's still young and he has shown a lot of things, I love George he's great athlete, awesome rebounder, pretty good shooter, and makes me jump out of my seat every now and then, just let Phil work on his defense a little bit mroe, and we have ourselves an awesome player.

I would see Horry leaving, I have no porblem with that, but let Fisher and George stay.

Kobe is better than MJ in his prime!!!!
Mookie

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:50 am

I never wanna give up on Devean and Derek. They both are young, and still athletic.. There isn't anything better that we can get, cuz they both know the tri already, and they know their roles. Look at how Derek got emotional after the elimination. He has tha heart and desire to win, just like Kobe. They are both great players, and I'm sure they'll be on our roster next season.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby crucifido on Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:00 am

Devean George is not expendable. Especially considering the possible career killing injury to Rick Fox. Devean will come around, he is a quality player and person with skills ready to burst. He just hasn't found his place yet. Starting him next year will go a long way to proving just how good he is going to be for the Lakers.

Derek is a good guy with a good desire to win. But his huge problem lies in the fact that he can't stop ANY point guard in the league. Considering Phil looks for defensive effort first and offense second (because let's face it, most every NBA player has offensive skills inherent to their game) it could spell doom for Derek in the long run. I like Derek as a person and I think he would be great coming off the bench as a 6th man. But as far as never getting rid of him - anything can happen.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby ZenMaster on Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:00 am

It's not necessarily that WE want to trade these guys, Kobe/MJ, it is just the general realization from everyone in Lakerland (fans and mgmt.) that we need to make some major changes to our aging core roster, if we are to get back to the top. As much as I love Fisher's heart, I agree with crucifido and have been saying it all year...he is simply worn out. Either trade him or bring him off the bench. I like Devean too, but he is still too inconsistent, maybe a bit too much for the Lakers' taste?...don't know yet, guess we'll see. And as much as I have been a fan of Horry's, I have come to realize he may be gone too, sad as it is. This isn't pleasant to watch, agreed, but we have to remember that this IS a business, after all, and no one in any sport is ever untouchable....
ZenMaster

Postby Mookie on Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:36 am

But i'd rather have Devean and Derek than Gary Payton.
Theyre my guys, the only Laker I never liked was Samaki Walker.
Mookie

Return to Lakers Discussion