Will Kobe fit with new Lakers? Article Inside

Will Kobe fit with new Lakers? Article Inside

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:21 pm

Will Kobe fit with new Lakers?
http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/basketball/ar ... 57,00.html

The three brutes - Shaq, Payton and Malone - are old buddies from the 1996 U.S. Olympic team venture; their styles will fit just fine. NBA superstars eventually mature, even those capable of terrific tantrums. If anything, their powerful egos and diverse, dynamic personalities are likely to serve as a sort of basketball checks-and-balances, a buffer system of fewer shots, reduced minutes and an absence of whining.

The only question is Kobe Bryant, and how he reacts to the L.A. crew.

Just reading that should show you now much this guy thought about the article... :man7: It's Phil's system, doesn't matter WHO the player is, it''s Phil's system.

When he sais - "The three brutes - Shaq, Payton and Malone - are old buddies from the 1996 U.S. Olympic team venture; their styles will fit just fine" It makes me want to shoot myself.

So I just wanted to see what you guys thought about this pointless article.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby murcielago62 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:29 pm

I don't think the problem is Kobe fitting in with them, but more them fitting in with Kobe and Shaq
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby pltan on Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:49 pm

Doesn't really surprise me coming from a sacbee reporter.
pltan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:51 pm

lol... it's all good, it's about the new players fittin in the system we have already set up... Ur right pltan
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:35 pm

It's amazing how some people view this whole thing. But this is just out of control ya know?
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby lakers frizzo on Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:53 pm

kobes average points per game will likely go down a bit-but think how many more assists he will have with two more scorers on the court- and how many more steals he will get with a defensive presence coming out of the backcourt the likes of payton-and think of every other stat because they will all go up with the new additions-so to answer your question i think with malone and payton making the statements that "we know this is shaq and kobes team" should have put all these stupid team chemistry rumors to bed cause they will be over in a couple months.
is shaq satisfied with three titles and continuing to blow up to 400 lbs or will he get the other hunger back and get down to 320 and win three more?? GO LAKERS 2004-06 CHAMPS!!!
lakers frizzo

Postby Reddy on Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:03 am

everyone's average probably wouldnt be as high as it was last year, i am saying the 4 all stars. And yes as MAlone said, this is shaq and kobe's team, and phil is gonna work this out, cuz phil is da mastaH!
and these anti lakers! :bang:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:17 am

[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], this is just wishfull thinking for most Queens fans. They are so afraid of what this Laker team is capable of that they go and make [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] like this up to make themselves feel better. This will be one of the greatest NBA teams in history.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

It's going to be cake.

Postby djsmartass on Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:09 pm

Take out all the things about anyone fitting in...the bottom line is were replacing a crappy [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]-cant hit a 16 ft shot-cant dunk-cant block-cant rebound Samaki walker with a hall of famer who can score 20 and reb 10 any given night. Malone has more hunger and more fire. Same thing with Payton...he is a defensive stopper who can score 20, and more importantly run the break...and let kobe fill the wings as opposed to playing point...Kobe will not have to expend as much energy bringing the ball up or busting thru double teams. Fishers best position is off the bench like when we had Van.

The bottom line is whatever touches last year Samaki got and screwed up are going to be scores...when Fisher let Bibby's, Parker's and Kidds by for 20 or more...Payton will not allow that.

Simple...bling bling AGAIN!!!!!!!
djsmartass

Postby echo nation on Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:37 pm

i agree w/ everyone here and think everything will be fine, but i do have to agree with the article in that, if theres a player who will find it the hardest to adjust, it will be Kobe

it'll be fine though, Kobe will find ways =)
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby L.A. Dynasty on Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:45 pm

Like GP said, "we're a target now." Everyone's gonna be nit-picking at how this is not gonna work and they're chemsitry is going to be off. Take your shots Laker non-believers. L.A. is about to start another championship streak!
"What matters is the name on the front of your jersey."
- Kobe Bryant (Start listening to your own quotes you big baby!)
L.A. Dynasty

Postby kobefan on Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:35 pm

kobe will be fine. and he can still dominate. the all star game is filled with talent, and he still managed to score like, what 32 points. :jam2:
kobefan

Postby lakers frizzo on Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:42 pm

Kobe will be fine the only thing that will change is that he will get more assists and so will payton i look for kobe to average 27pts/7.5asts/7rbs
he has shared the ball with shaq and rice before and we won a championship right now its just another great passer(who will only improve kobes game) and another scorer which we needed last year anyway cause our third scorer was fish at 10/game

WERE GONNA BE DAMN GOOD YALL AND EXCEED EXPECTIONS.
STAT WISE WE WILL MESH VERY WELL WITH MALONE AND PAYTON KNOWING THERE ROLES
is shaq satisfied with three titles and continuing to blow up to 400 lbs or will he get the other hunger back and get down to 320 and win three more?? GO LAKERS 2004-06 CHAMPS!!!
lakers frizzo

Return to Lakers Discussion