Will this whole thing affect Kobe re-signing?

Will this whole thing affect Kobe re-signing?

Postby murcielago62 on Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:09 pm

I really hope not. Phil Jackson and Shaq haven't gone to Kobe's side, the only player that spoke was Kareem Rush. I'm also really suprised Jerry West hasn't said anything yet. Kobe wants to win a Title on his own right? Well signing Payton and Malone isn't helping that cause, I think their crowding Kobe's space. If Kobe can wait 2 seasons, the team will be completely his. Shaq, Payton, and Malone gone and a alot of cap room. I hope to God they can re-sign Kobe, and that this sexual assault hasn't hurt our chances
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby BDG on Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:17 pm

Unless Kobe goes to prison (which I don't see happening), it shouldn't be much of a factor. First, they are looking for good talent on the court that can win us championships. Unless Kobe is a repeated felon (I don't think so), they may understand one accusation against him.

Judging by the evidence we know so far, I don't think they should press charges. They've delayed this for SO damn long and I hope Kobe gets through this and the truth comes out.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby murcielago62 on Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:23 pm

I hear alot about Kobe going to Miami, Indiana, New York, or Memphis next season. He might come back just because of the fans and we'll have the most money to offer him. As far as the trial goes, I think Kobe's innocent.
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby BDG on Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:26 pm

yeah, he might go to Memphis, but Jerry West tells him that he should STAY and END HIS CAREER in LA. Kobe respects JW's words and I think he'll stay.. this is his way of asking for mo $$$.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kobe's Empire on Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:07 am

I think this will affect kobe is a good way because if he just seems how much we fans support him and HOW MUCH LA loves him hell stay. he belongs here............

but if i was forced to say.....either memphis with jerry west to make that a championship team or PHilly where he grew up (but i HIIIIIHGLLLYYY DOUBT PHILLY) i just cant see kobe in any other uniform
Kobe's Empire

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:17 am

This is why Kobe will stay.

Miami:
A poor imitation of the Los Angeles lifestyle. I would take earthquakes over hurricanes and typhoons any day. Why would you leave a team with a great tradition like the Lakers to a team with no history.
Miami is already loaded at SG/SF with Eddie Jones, Dwyane Wade, and Butler.

New York:
A possibilty since the city is the MECCA of basketball. The Knicks are way over the cap. The Lakers can offer way more money than the Knicks.

Indiana:
Next!!!!!!No cap room and if he joined them, he's playing with the wrong O'neal.

Memphis:
If it wasn't for Jerry West, there is no chance that he will go to Red Neck, Tenn. And we all know what Jerry's advice is for Kobe. RETIRE AT LOS ANGELES, AND I DON'T MEAN THE CLIPPERS!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Kobe's Empire on Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:23 am

the only reason i can see kobe leaving is (and i pray to god it's not) is that he wants to win on his own.

man, in a few years, LA is all his, it is already, but i mean fully his, by age 28 or 29 he will be the only super mega star left in LA and we'll be lookign to fill it with another all star and roll players to get to the top.

but the only colors that match kobe are yellow and purple. plus, daughter will grow up in an ideal place. its better to grow up in an industrial city to be on the new wave of things........plus, think of his wife or his family. his wife i think has been living in LA for all her life and all of her family is here. (this is just a guest) but if thats the case then i think KB would stay (it's no where in my place to be talking of this and his family and this, imsorry Kobe, i know its wrong), but i'd be devistated if he left.
Kobe's Empire

Postby Laker brain on Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:28 am

kobe will be a laker as long as he is winning.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby Coppertop on Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:31 am

Kobe will definently opt-out, even Duncan did that this year. But Kobe's life is here, he knows he's already proven himself, and he knows the best way to do that is to win. After Shaq is gone, the team will be built completely around him and Devean George most likely, and they will be a run and gun team, maybe B.Scott will come coach once Phil is gone. That'd be sweet.
Coppertop

Return to Lakers Discussion