WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: Preseason Time!

Postby The Rock on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:23 pm

Every player was getting dressed but Dwight came out and did a quick 20 minute intense workout with Darvin Ham and Chuck Person

Kobe & Nash

It was hot as hell down in the lower levels I was sweating like crazy lol

Jamison had some finger issue, I dont know if he's being squeamish or smiling lol

The Steves lol

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby XXIV on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:26 pm

^ Cool pics :jam2:
XXIV

Postby The Rock on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:29 pm

Nash was pretty cool, acknowledging fans in the crowd

So within like 5 minutes of beginning the workout he looked really exhausted. I think this is why he isn't playing games yet, hes just not fit yet.

Just like Ron, he prefers going to his left. His hook shots and other moves go so much smoother going to his left hand. Nice spin move and dunk in this video below

Dwight working on spin moves with Darvin Ham and Chuck Person

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby dj vitus on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:33 pm

Nice vids! :jam2: Surprised Mitch let you snap a pic of him like that. He must be telling the rest of us that we really shouldn't care about the game as much as we are.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby XXIV on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:33 pm

Man he really got that tired after a 5 min workout? That can't be good.
XXIV

Postby The Rock on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:34 pm

Person was teaching Dwight a few ways to protect the ball in the post

And Dwight capped off the workout with a 360 lol wish I caught this on video

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby dj vitus on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:40 pm

Juronimo wrote:If you look at last year's squad, outside of Kobe, Pau, Bynum and Artest, our squad was pretty bad. I don't know how you can argue otherwise, and on top of that, Ron was terrible the first 3 months out of the year. I think last year's team did as well as can be expected considering the circumstances. Phil had more talent the previous season and he didn't have any more success than Brown did and Phil's the greatest NBA coach of all time.

I see your point, but if MB's team faced that same hot Dallas championship team, we still would have been smoked.

Either way, it mainly boils down to chemistry and trusting each other. Nash trusts everyone, but a lot of his passes sailed out of bounds, which kinda took him out of the game. Fortunately he's very selfless, so he'll keep making those passes, and hopefully his teammates can move better without the ball and recognize where he's gonna pass.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby The Rock on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:47 pm

Yea they had to stop the workout every 3 to 4 minutes and give him a couple of minutes to get himself together...

In the bench area....Glock, Dwight, Ebanks, CDR sat together, they were interacting together the most, cracking jokes, talking back to the fans in the back or what not. Morris and Reeves Nelson seemed really really aloof, at least guys like Somogi, Sacre, Aguilar, etc were high fiving teammates and what not, Morris and Nelson just got their minutes and sat on the bench thats about it, not much interaction with the teammates.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:12 pm

It's good that Ham was a playa and has the heft to bang with these guys and teach them down low.
LTLakerFan

Postby LooN3y on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:39 pm

Down with brown!
LooN3y

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:28 am

Good stuff Rock, thanks for posting.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:24 pm

Nice, man! I have mixed feelings about Dwight, but he's a Laker, and we can't do it without him.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby noobiew on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Preseason is frustrating to watch, can't wait for the regular season.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:28 pm

I gotta say, Nash is looking done. :freak2: He's turning the ball over, getting beat to the basket on defense and missing the momentum shots. :man6: I'm not impressed right now. NO ONE can shoot the ball. We are LUCKY to be down by only 4...EVEN to a young, undertalented non-playoff team like the Kings...Frustrating and ominous. :mad1:

Dwight isn't a cure-all. He won't make Nash or Pau more athletic, Kobe more efficient, or our bench any less putrid at this point... :man2: Pau is looking good...if he was a volume shooting SG...he's shooting like 40% from the field. :bang: Metta is back to chucking it and making it 1/4 of the time :disagree: , and I am going to say right now that Jamison looks like a bust as a free agent pick up. :man5:

3.5 Pre-Season games left, and I am really starting to worry BIG TIME. Our offense has no flow, and Nash looks to be a poor fit for it. We can't get ANY transition game going, we can't hit any perimeter shots, we can't get ANY shots in the paint against a set defense...I am seriously concerned... :man3:
Last edited by Snakell Beast on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby The Original 81 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:57 pm

Snakell Beast wrote:I gotta say, Nash is looking done. :freak2: He's turning the ball over, getting beat to the basket on defense and missing most of his shots. :man6: I'm not impressed right now. NO ONE can shoot the ball. We are LUCKY to be down by only 4...EVEN to a young, undertalented non-playoff team like the Kings...Frustrating and ominous. :mad1:

Dwight isn't a cure-all. He won't make Nash or Pau more athletic, Kobe more efficient, or our bench any less putrid at this point... :man2: Pau is looking good...if he was a volume shooting SG...he's shooting like 40% from the field. :bang: Metta is back to chucking it and making it 1/4 of the time :disagree: , and I am going to say right now that Jamison looks like a bust as a free agent pick up. :man5:

3.5 Pre-Season games left, and I am really starting to worry BIG TIME. Our offense has no flow, and Nash looks to be a poor fit for it. We can't get ANY transition game going, we can't hit any perimeter shots, we can't get ANY shots in the paint against a set defense...I am seriously concerned... :man3:

I haven't watched a second of this game so I guess I can't say you're wrong, but I find this diatribe to be just a little bit of an exaggeration....

Or is it?
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:06 pm

:man3:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:16 pm

The Original 81 wrote:I haven't watched a second of this game so I guess I can't say you're wrong, but I find this diatribe to be just a little bit of an exaggeration....

Or is it?

Nash is actually 3-4 on his shots, but he isn't shooting enough, and he is 0-1 in shots when it could have made a difference in the game. He is only making his shots when we are down 6-10 points in this game. The rest of what I said is accurate. I will say Ebanks looks VERY good tonight, but that's it. Kobe, obviously, is Kobe...so nothing new there.
Last edited by Snakell Beast on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby charvin on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:17 pm

Kobe seems to be getting to the FT a lot in these past few games. Another game where he's had 10+ or close to 10 FTM/FTA.
charvin

Postby MambaFromDownUnder on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:21 pm

SMH at some Lakers fans.
MambaFromDownUnder

Postby charvin on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:26 pm

Ebanks on fire from the 3 point line in these last 4 minutes.
charvin

Postby nthydro on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:27 pm

I just realized we are the only team without a preseason win :bang:
nthydro

Postby revgen on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:29 pm

Our backup PG position isn't looking very good right now. Blake has the ball-handling and passing skills, but he can't/won't attack. Glock is agressive, but his ball-handling and court-vision are lackluster. Morris is too raw to do anything consistently. I'm glad we have Nash, but it would be nice to get him some rest.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby The Rock on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:30 pm

Not much to complain about other than CDR...7 minutes, 0 points, 0 rebs, 0 assists. Might've been his last shot today

Better effort than previous games.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Punk-101 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:31 pm

Punk-101 wrote:I want to see a good 20min of DJO, hopefully some with Kobe at the 3 or with Nash so he will have someone to do something other than sWinging the ball around the perimeter for 22secs of the shot clock.

Still waiting... :bang:
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:33 pm

At least they didn't lose by 35. Blake has just been abysmal.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion