Re: WMC 12/13: Preseason Time!

Postby Azndude2190 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:44 pm

PG-Nash/Blake/Duhon
SG-Kobe/Meeks/DJO
SF-MWP/CDR/Ebanks
PF-Gasol/Jaminson
C-Howard/Hill/Sacre

Leave a spot open and try to trade either Blake or Duhon
A deep man, believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby dj vitus on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:47 pm

I'm frustrated that we're playing our starters entire quarters. What kind of nincompoop coach does that to their older players??? :freak2: Playing two full quarters wears you out a lot more than playing three 8 minute quarters, despite being the same amount of minutes.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby LooN3y on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:53 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
kray28 wrote:There's still time to fire Potato.

Because he lost a few Pre-season games? :man10:

I'm not the biggest fan of him either, but at least give the man a chance. He's never really had a championship caliber roster. In Cleveland those teams always overachieved yet for some reason he's been labeled as a bad basketball coach when clearly that isn't or hasn't been the case. Last year in L.A. outside of Kobe, Pau, and Drew the roster was mediocre at best. That's being nice too. Our bench was horrible last season. Tied with Charlotte for the worst in all of basketball. Now Mike finally has a roster capable of winning a championship so let's see how he does. I have a feeling by season's end everyone will have changed their tune on MB.

Our roster is mediocre? I know our bench was horrible, but your talking about a roster that consists of Bynum, gasol, Kobe, and Ron? Lol less talented teams had much more success in terms of what was expected.

Anything less than a finals appearance is a disappointment, we came up short, and that's not surprising froma coach full of short comings as we saw in Cleveland.

And lebron being in his prime with the roster he had and not reaching the finals since the spurs sweep is a short coming. His team was not full of kwame browns, devin George's, luke Walton's, smush Parker's, and chris mihms,

And nethertheless they were in the east! Who in the east was dominant, only one that was staying in their way was the celtics, and when they were injured in 09 they get taken out by the magic? Lol mostly because of lebrons inconsistency and dissappearence in the 4th quarter and the fact that mile brown has no offensive game knowledge or touch.

He doesn't get his players, doesn't know their abilities Nd doesn't exploit them.

I'm not saying we would of won it all last year if we had a different, more efficient coach,

But damn sure I believe we would of had a better season, his rotations are unbelievable, I honestly want to know why he played Kobe for so many minutes, and the wear and tear showed in the play offs

He has no feel for the game, he's a stat junkie, he doesn't look at a players ability only their stats, like what he does every post game interview, stats. It's pathetic, makes it seem he has no feel or knowledge of he game besides that.

Never like his coaching before, and never wanted him in he first place, lmao, for those last years in Cleveland, how many times was Cleveland and lebron were labeled favorites? And we're going to win it all? Lmao they couldn't even come out of the west. And I clearly remember this as non laker fans or a bunch of wannabe basketball fans that were in favor of Cleveland (to be different) was clamoring that they were going to win it all.

Brown was a clear move by jimmy to show his state of power, why else? There was Rick adelman, shaw, other coaches that the team personnel and front office wanted, but jimmy got his way.

Dude doesn't know offense, and we can't have our head coach being schooled by our superstar, who is in charge, and who is going to control Kobe if he Is wrong or is too stubborn to take a rest?

Besides the nasty attitude I'm pretty sure there was more to it that Bynum didn't like brown, could be the fact is he is a horrible coach.

Jus because you work hard to be an artist doesn't mean your Bonn be a good one, and I believe this is the case
LooN3y

Postby dj vitus on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:19 pm

I just looked up the last 10 years of pre-season standings, and currently, we are far and away the worst pre-season team of all with a -23 point differential. 10 years in the making (and probably more). The worst. :freak2:

Good thing it doesn't matter, right? Not even for a championship contender! Let's hope things get better when the season starts...
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:22 pm

dj vitus wrote:I just looked up the last 10 years of pre-season standings, and currently, we are far and away the worst pre-season team of all with a -23 point differential. 10 years in the making (and probably more). The worst. :freak2:

Good thing it doesn't matter, right? Not even for a championship contender! Let's hope things get better when the season starts...

^^ It's terrible. Last night's game was seriously putrid. Put me in a horrible mood last night and today. :mad1:

Really, that's what I've been missing out on with no TWC? Not sure I would pay the price for this channel either with the product I saw last night.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby MusixFinest on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:24 pm

Our roster is mediocre? I know our bench was horrible, but your talking about a roster that consists of Bynum, gasol, Kobe, and Ron? Lol less talented teams had much more success in terms of what was expected.

Anything less than a finals appearance is a disappointment, we came up short, and that's not surprising froma coach full of short comings as we saw in Cleveland.

Umm...you seem to forget we had the same roster minus LO and a training camp that was swept by the Mavs the previous season.
MusixFinest

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:27 pm

dj vitus wrote:I'm frustrated that we're playing our starters entire quarters. What kind of nincompoop coach does that to their older players??? :freak2: Playing two full quarters wears you out a lot more than playing three 8 minute quarters, despite being the same amount of minutes.

+1. That was just ridiculous. What was the point of that? And we still only managed to score 15 points in that whole first quarter even with Nash and Kobe playing every minute. It was just an exercise in futility.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:30 pm

I think people here might be underestimating what Howard will mean to this team. We're talking about the best Center in the NBA, probably 1.b on the team, adding him into the mix with Nash, Kobe, Pau, and MWP is not a small thing, it's not just throwing some nobody center out there, it's going to make us look quite a bit better. Yes, we look like garbage right now, but Nash played one quarter, Kobe was barely trying the 1st quarter, Dwight and Pau are out, and Brown played Aguilar and Nelson to start the 2nd quarter. This is not our real team we're watching. I agree that backup PG is a huge concern, but aside from that we are still a top 3 or 4 team in the NBA if you ask me, it's the Heat, Thunder, Celtics and Lakers, however you want to arrange them. Brown as coach concerns me, but not enough to take us out of the top 4.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LooN3y on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:34 pm

MusixFinest wrote:

Umm...you seem to forget we had the same roster minus LO and a training camp that was swept by the Mavs the previous season.

Yea we came up short, still doesn't change the fact that we have more talent than more than half the teams in the league have. It was a huge disappointment.
LooN3y

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:49 pm

OH my.... I love Lakers fans
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:54 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:OH my.... I love Lakers fans

^^ It is your Whine Moan and Complain thread though isn't it, Puff? :man12: It's fair game for us to vent here.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:00 pm

The first game of the preseason we were rolling that game when everyone was there. Up until the scrubs came in, but when it was 1's vs. 1's and to an extent 2's vs. 2's, we were dominating the Warriors. Once we get D12/Hill/Pau back we will be rolling again. I mean we are missing D12.....

What I want to see though is just solid playing time right now for the guys that will be playing this season. Forget Morris/Glock/Nelson/Aguilar/Somoygi and either Blake or Duhon....

I want to see some chemistry get built with our bench the next 4 games.....

Meeks/Ebanks/DJO/CDR.....I want to see these guys get minutes NOT WITH the fodder mentioned above, but within a normal rotation of mixed and matched starters to bench guys. These hockey, 5 for 5, rotations are poo poo....

Nash / Meeks / MWP / Jamison....

Duhon / Kobe / Ebanks / Pau....

Nash / Meeks / CDR...

You get the point........We've seen the fodder they suck, it's time to cut ties and bunker down with what we have. We could legitimately have a 10-11 man solid rotation, but we will never know because guys 9,10,11 are stuck playing with guys 14,15,16,17 on the roster.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Punk-101 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:06 pm

I want to see a good 20min of DJO, hopefully some with Kobe at the 3 or with Nash so he will have someone to do something other than sWinging the ball around the perimeter for 22secs of the shot clock.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby kray28 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:21 pm

You know what, I frikkin hate Brown so much, I'd take Del Harris over this box score reading bum any day.

Please Delmer, come back to us!
kray28

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:33 pm

kray28 wrote:You know what, I frikkin hate Brown so much, I'd take Del Harris over this box score reading bum any day.

Please Delmer, come back to us!

^^ Man, it's like one of those "would you rather" hypotheticals where you're forced to choose between two horrifyingly disgusting things. I swear, I hated Del Harris, AKA Phil Donahue so much. But this guy might actually be a less competent coach.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:36 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
dj vitus wrote:I just looked up the last 10 years of pre-season standings, and currently, we are far and away the worst pre-season team of all with a -23 point differential. 10 years in the making (and probably more). The worst. :freak2:

^^ It's terrible. Last night's game was seriously putrid. Put me in a horrible mood last night and today. :mad1:

Really, that's what I've been missing out on with no TWC? Not sure I would pay the price for this channel either with the product I saw last night.

To be fair though, Utah is legit. They are 8 deep and they have pieces that fit. Lot of youth oozing with potential. They've been developing this talent the last 2-3 years. I wouldn't be surprised if Utah ends up being top 4 in the West

By the way I said I went to last night's game right, look who sat 2 rows behind me during the 1st Quarter. He was sleeping through most of it :man10: Between the quarter break I noticed he left this at his seat, nothing special unfortunately lol

if you were watching the game last night you would've noticed the lower levels were like 25% filled so plenty of empty seats but nobody recognized who he was lol

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:42 pm

^^ :jam2: Not surprised Mitch snoozed through it last night. Sorry you had to bear witness to that game last night Rock. Well, at least you don't seemed too bummed about it.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:44 pm

I took a whole bunch of videos of Dwight working out before the game. I'll post the pics/videos in a minute. He doesn't look like his back his bothering him but he does seem gassed very frequently, it will probably take him a little while to round into NBA shape.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby revgen on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:11 pm

LOL at Mitch. I don't blame him.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby LakerFanIam on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:18 pm

The Lakers have sucked in the Pre Season for as long as I can remember... The only reason I ever watch is to see which new players show some promise...

We usually lose our first 3-4 Pre Season games & win our last 1 or 2... No need to sound any alarms.
LakerFanIam

Postby The Rock on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:30 pm

revgen wrote:LOL at Mitch. I don't blame him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went home after the 1st Quarter. He was walkin like a zombie, looked dead tired and exhausted

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby karacha on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:12 pm

Mitch looks about as interested in the preseason as Pau Gasol.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Juronimo on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:49 pm

LooN3y wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
kray28 wrote:There's still time to fire Potato.

Because he lost a few Pre-season games? :man10:

I'm not the biggest fan of him either, but at least give the man a chance. He's never really had a championship caliber roster. In Cleveland those teams always overachieved yet for some reason he's been labeled as a bad basketball coach when clearly that isn't or hasn't been the case. Last year in L.A. outside of Kobe, Pau, and Drew the roster was mediocre at best. That's being nice too. Our bench was horrible last season. Tied with Charlotte for the worst in all of basketball. Now Mike finally has a roster capable of winning a championship so let's see how he does. I have a feeling by season's end everyone will have changed their tune on MB.

And lebron being in his prime with the roster he had and not reaching the finals since the spurs sweep is a short coming. His team was not full of kwame browns, devin George's, luke Walton's, smush Parker's, and chris mihms,

And nethertheless they were in the east! Who in the east was dominant, only one that was staying in their way was the celtics, and when they were injured in 09 they get taken out by the magic? Lol mostly because of lebrons inconsistency and dissappearence in the 4th quarter and the fact that mile brown has no offensive game knowledge or touch.

He doesn't get his players, doesn't know their abilities Nd doesn't exploit them.

I'm not saying we would of won it all last year if we had a different, more efficient coach,

But damn sure I believe we would of had a better season, his rotations are unbelievable, I honestly want to know why he played Kobe for so many minutes, and the wear and tear showed in the play offs

He has no feel for the game, he's a stat junkie, he doesn't look at a players ability only their stats, like what he does every post game interview, stats. It's pathetic, makes it seem he has no feel or knowledge of he game besides that.

Never like his coaching before, and never wanted him in he first place, lmao, for those last years in Cleveland, how many times was Cleveland and lebron were labeled favorites? And we're going to win it all? Lmao they couldn't even come out of the west. And I clearly remember this as non laker fans or a bunch of wannabe basketball fans that were in favor of Cleveland (to be different) was clamoring that they were going to win it all.

Brown was a clear move by jimmy to show his state of power, why else? There was Rick adelman, shaw, other coaches that the team personnel and front office wanted, but jimmy got his way.

Dude doesn't know offense, and we can't have our head coach being schooled by our superstar, who is in charge, and who is going to control Kobe if he Is wrong or is too stubborn to take a rest?

Besides the nasty attitude I'm pretty sure there was more to it that Bynum didn't like brown, could be the fact is he is a horrible coach.

Jus because you work hard to be an artist doesn't mean your Bonn be a good one, and I believe this is the case

I think Texas Laker Fan is right in this case.

If you look at last year's squad, outside of Kobe, Pau, Bynum and Artest, our squad was pretty bad. I don't know how you can argue otherwise, and on top of that, Ron was terrible the first 3 months out of the year. I think last year's team did as well as can be expected considering the circumstances. Phil had more talent the previous season and he didn't have any more success than Brown did and Phil's the greatest NBA coach of all time.

Also you can't just dismiss the success he had in Cleveland. His team lost in '09 but Howard was way too dominant and Orlando was just a better team that year. In 2010 Lebron quit on his team. I watched game 5 and I couldn't believe what I was seeing from Lebron. How is that Mike Brown's fault? In 2007 that team did reach the finals and that team had no business being in the finals.

Mike Brown is not a Popovich level or Phil Jackson level coach but he's not a terrible coach either, otherwise those Cleveland teams would have been much worse. The teams records and the trip to the finals speks for itself. On top of that, all of the moaning and groaning over preseason? It's preseason! Of course the coaches are going to experiment with lineups and such.

In my opinion Mike Brown has done nothing to deserve the level of hate he gets around here. If halfway through the season gets here and this team has a mediocre record, then I can agree with most of you but as of now, I think the hate is way out of proportion and is completely undeserved.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby The Rock on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Brown is so frustrating. Hes a good defensive coach but his rotations are maddeningly inconsistent.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby XXIV on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:16 pm

The Rock wrote:Brown is so frustrating. Hes a good defensive coach but his rotations are maddeningly inconsistent.

I'm beginning to question his defensive mind now, I mean how do you put Steve Blake on James Harden and not take him out when Blake's getting destroyed.
XXIV

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion