WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: OK, so who do we blame now? (15-18)

Postby BicepKiss on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:41 pm

But the thing is we're nearly winning all our losses with ZERO defense played. If we cranked it up even a little we'd prob win some of those. I dunno maybe that's to simple to be true.
Ron Artest: "Mark Cuban just invented nipple enhancement juice"
BicepKiss

Postby Chillbongo on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:42 pm

Weezy wrote:
OCLakersFan247 wrote:i have a feeling the Lakers FO is regretting this coaching hire

I don't, too much pride with Jim and Jerry, otherwise Phil would have been hired. If they cared about wins ahead of pride the 'Antoni hire would have never happened. Now 'Antoni cannot be fired, too much money to swallow, too big of a beating they'd take in the media, too late to crawl back to Phil. Phil is a manager of stars, a teacher of men, 'Antoni is a buddy buddy guy who wants to run, the Lakers are getting what they asked for.

I agree that MDA was a terrible hire, but this team's problems run deeper than that, no?

I mean we're putting up 105 points. We have Dwight.

If I could rid of us MDA asap, I would. But is that really the cause of the problems? All of them?
Chillbongo

Postby dj vitus on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:42 pm

Pig Miller wrote:we're in real jeopardy of being 6 games under .500 in just a handful of days.

wow, just ridiculous.

If that happens we should just trade everybody away for a handful of first round picks. :man11:

Groom our young guys like Hill, Meeks, Morris, and Ebanks. Maybe DJO and Sacre can surprise us. Bring Glock back. Who knows? Replicate the mid-90s Lakers. They were sure a lot more fun to watch.

If we lose with them, it can't be any more embarrassing than losing with what we have right now. :man6:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Pig Miller on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:43 pm

i think the team has been playing hard lately. now it just comes down to 1) coaching and 2) do we have the right players.

i think we all know the answer to both of those issues.
Pig Miller

Postby Heavier Than Heaven on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:44 pm

We're 33 games into the season and we already have 1 more loss than the entire 2009 season. I know the team was incredible, but DAMN.
BUCK FOSTON

Thanks to Mookie for Avy!
Heavier Than Heaven

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:45 pm

Heavier Than Heaven wrote:We're 33 games into the season and we already have 1 more loss than the entire 2009 season. I know the team was incredible, but DAMN.

oh yikes. well, i'm even sadder now.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:45 pm

Punk-101 wrote:I take back a little of what i criticized Mike brown for. This team has some serious issues that go beyond the coach, beyond personnel, and beyond system/x's&o's. There's major drama in the locker room. Wait for it to surface...

Those criticisms on Brown were well deserved. It still seeps through with this team.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby dj vitus on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:51 pm

dmaul wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:I take back a little of what i criticized Mike brown for. This team has some serious issues that go beyond the coach, beyond personnel, and beyond system/x's&o's. There's major drama in the locker room. Wait for it to surface...

I don't think there's drama. This team is just old and slow and the pieces don't fit and no coach we've had (except Bickerstaff) seems to know how to use these guys. It's easy to become discouraged and lose heart when you're this disorganized and don't know what to do on both sides of the floor.

As crazy as it sounds, maybe we just don't need a coach. :man1:

We're old and experienced veterans. We don't like being told what to do. Let Bickerstaff watch over us on the sidelines while we just play our own pickup games. :jam2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Weezy on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:51 pm

Chillbongo wrote:
Weezy wrote:
OCLakersFan247 wrote:i have a feeling the Lakers FO is regretting this coaching hire

I don't, too much pride with Jim and Jerry, otherwise Phil would have been hired. If they cared about wins ahead of pride the 'Antoni hire would have never happened. Now 'Antoni cannot be fired, too much money to swallow, too big of a beating they'd take in the media, too late to crawl back to Phil. Phil is a manager of stars, a teacher of men, 'Antoni is a buddy buddy guy who wants to run, the Lakers are getting what they asked for.

I agree that MDA was a terrible hire, but this team's problems run deeper than that, no?

I mean we're putting up 105 points. We have Dwight.

If I could rid of us MDA asap, I would. But is that really the cause of the problems? All of them?

All of them, no of course not, but Phil knows how to fix big ones. He knows how to manage stars, to get them to work on the court even if they don't off it. He can poke at guys to get them going, he puts players in spots to succeed, and despite Kobe saying they didn't practice defense with him, he had his guys that would cover defense. Chemistry is an issue, Phil was the master of getting teams to mesh. Our age and pace is an issue, Phil was great at controlling tempo and succeeding with old teams. So no 'Antoni isn't the cause of all the problems, but IMO he doesn't command the respect or have the ability to fix the big ones we have.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby borri on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:54 pm

Oh well off to forget my sorrows from tonight's debacle and watch me some hot Korean girls in some K-Dramas.
borri

Postby JGC on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:56 pm

I know people are saying offense isn't an issue. But I still think it is an issue. We just don't look very good. We have moments but they are so brief.

I did like seeing Nash get angry though, for some reason.
JGC

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:56 pm

borri wrote:Oh well off to forget my sorrows from tonight's debacle and watch me some hot Korean girls in some K-Dramas.

:man10:
lakersyunowin

Postby v1n5anity on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:12 pm

The Lakers have to go 35-14 the rest of the way to get to 50 wins, which is the number you want to hit just to make the playoffs in the West.

We're finished
v1n5anity

Postby 432J on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:14 pm

i still believe they can make the playoffs but that's hanging by a thread right now

if they keep losing consistently like this they might as well tank the season and get a lottery pick
432J

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:15 pm

432J wrote:i still believe they can make the playoffs but that's hanging by a thread right now

if they keep losing consistently like this they might as well tank the season and get a lottery pick

We don't have a draft picks
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Re: WMC 12/13: 25 Kobe shots? Share the ball dude (15-18)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:16 pm

fkmikebrown"i am complaining about the title, and i wasn't one of the people caught up in the recent kobe lambasting. just saying.

And? Why complain about the title but not the overreactions that brought the titles to life?

here's how i see it. say the kobe detractors are right, does it really matter? the team is losing. now say you're right, kobe is not the problem and the criticism he's receiving is unfair. the team is still losing.

Of course it does matter. When all the fans do is say "this person sucks" then it is a problem. We, as a fan base, sound worse than any of the fans we made fun of combined. Yes, we really have fans saying Kobe is costing us games when he is playing the most minutes, carrying the offensive load and half the time the mental edge for the whole team.

we're 15-18. when the team is performing this badly, my personal opinion is that nobody on the team is exempt from a critical eye. does this mean that i agree with what the extremists have been saying about kobe lately? hell no, i don't. i just find the constant antagonizing that you try to do a bit tiring. i don't understand why you are trying to create more conflict in an atmosphere that ALREADY sucks for lakers fans

I really am unconcerned if you find it tiring. I am sure many find the constant name changes of FK(insertname) tiring. What Lakers fans should be tired of is constantly verbally murdering everyone on our team whenever they have a bad game. The fact that even TheRealDeal's optimism thread is constantly bombarded with over the top responses of anything but "optimism" is telling. We sound like the damn Celtics fans from 5 years ago after a 20 year gap between Championships.

So you are tired of my sarcastic titles? Tough. I am tired of Lakers fans forgetting that we have two of the greatest to play the game at two positions (Kobe and Nash) and we have one of the leagues best defensive players (Ron) and the leagues best big man (Dwight) who is working through his injury and one of the best overall big men in the game (Pau) even though he is struggling.

This is the WMC thread which is made for the overreactions and the "everyone sucks" post. The titles represent those sentiments. You don't like it try and post something other than "FK(insertplayer)". Im just saying.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Re: WMC 12/13: 25 Kobe shots? Share the ball dude (15-18)

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:19 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:This is the WMC thread which is made for the overreactions and the "everyone sucks" post.

pretty hypocritical statement there. it's cool, i'll just put you back on my ignore list again, which solves the problem i was having (which i know you could care less about). later puff.
lakersyunowin

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:21 pm

^ THank You kindly. :bow:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby odom1year on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:30 pm

For this loss, I would blame Kobe.

In the 1st half, we evened the score while Kobe just took 5 shots and had a few assist.
In the 2nd half, especially the 4th quarter, the real Kobe came back. Taking 21 shots !! Likely almost every shot in the 4th. Did Lakers get any improve in offense ? NO. We scored 23 in 3rd, 22 in 4th.

Besides enjoying Kobe's scoring show in the 4th quarter, did anyone notice how many shots has been taken by D12 in the entire 2nd half ?

I hate loss. But can we have a loss that Kobe takes less than 15 shots !? And then, I can find some other reasons or players to blame about. Just want to say the truth, KOBE. The only player who can ignore all other teammates and just shoot shoot shoot...
odom1year

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:35 pm

And for those who complained about my title............ I give you this:

odom1year wrote:For this loss, I would blame Kobe.

In the 1st half, we evened the score while Kobe just took 5 shots and had a few assist.
In the 2nd half, especially the 4th quarter, the real Kobe came back. Taking 21 shots !! Likely almost every shot in the 4th. Did Lakers get any improve in offense ? NO. We scored 23 in 3rd, 22 in 4th.

Besides enjoying Kobe's scoring show in the 4th quarter, did anyone notice how many shots has been taken by D12 in the entire 2nd half ?

I hate loss. But can we have a loss that Kobe takes less than 15 shots !? And then, I can find some other reasons or players to blame about. Just want to say the truth, KOBE. The only player who can ignore all other teammates and just shoot shoot shoot...
puffyusaf#2

Postby JGC on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:36 pm

I think there are some valid points in there actually. Ya just got to read between the lines is all.
JGC

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:36 pm

Kobe's fault, seriously? Trolling much?
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Pig Miller on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:37 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:And for those who complained about my title............ I give you this:

doesn't represent the feeling of most fans. i, for one, would still like to be able to post here and not feel like there's some shots being taken at members for having differing opinions.

i just like discussing the team, win or lose.
Pig Miller

Postby Weezy on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:37 pm

That post is some comedy, how could anyone without an agenda blame Kobe for this loss? And JGC get real man, dude is a borderline troll, and that's being kind.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Armani on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:37 pm

Hahahahaha. Finest of all trolls.
Armani

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion