WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: Didn't see the game. We lost. (36-34)

Postby TaniBoyz on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:07 pm

khmrP wrote:do these guys even practice on D? :bang:

you expect MDA to give time practicing Defense?
TaniBoyz

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:08 pm

Gasol the useless turd needs a vacation. He is already vacationing to prepare for the Eurobasket/inter-town/club whatever tournament. So it's gonna be a vacation within a vacation....
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:10 pm

People are eager to blame MDA for the defense instead of acknowledging the fact that we don't have good defenders.

Kobe and Nash are the biggest culprits because they play a lot of minutes. Absolutely abysmal (Kobe more so).

Our defense when Dwight is out there and Kobe isn't is actually pretty good.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:13 pm

Chillbongo wrote:I can't wait for some intelligent poster to claim that this was not Coach Pringles' fault

We were getting blown out and came back late. It's everyone's fault for getting down by that much.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Re: WMC 12/13: It is all your fault? Blame away! (36-35)

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:19 pm

to bad we can't afford a 6th man like Jack or Crawford type, we're getting no consistency out of our bench and NONE of them can create their own shot either
khmrP

Postby cthroatgtr on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:23 pm

WMC is simple...no effort. Really Nash/Kobe brought effort and Meeks always brings effort, although some times it is misplaced. The rest....no. And coach is a moron. Scary thought is he is making what 3 mil a year? Sad really...
cthroatgtr

Postby Finwë on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:25 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:

People are eager to blame MDA for the defense instead of acknowledging the fact that we don't have good defenders.

Kobe and Nash are the biggest culprits because they play a lot of minutes. Absolutely abysmal (Kobe more so).

You really think Kobe is worse on D than Nash?
The reason Kobe usually overhelps and leaves guys open (which is what we criticize him for) is Nash getting blown by by every team's PG..
His D against Jack tonight to start the 2nd quarter was just atrocious.

Kobe is bad off the ball, but can be quite effective on the ball, and he's shown so in several games this season.
Nash isn't good in any type of defensive situation.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:28 pm

Yes, everyone is to blame to some effect. It starts at the top. Players play, coaches are supposed to make adjustments.

The man cannot make an in game adjustment
Chillbongo

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:31 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:

I disagree. I understand your thoughts on Kobe, but we've seen this guy play good D before, most notably on Bron during the All-star game. I feel that its his ankle that is really exposing him on that end.

Recall how Kobe took on the facilitator role in this gimmick offense..well, with another coach, who is more defensive minded, he probably motivates Kobe to be the closer in a close game, but use most of his effort in being a defensive stopper (a la the Olympics where he gave Bron and KD the scoring nod). Kobe can be that guy, he just needs the right guy at the helm preaching it. Also it doesn't help that we want to play an up and down style. I think an offense that relies on ball control will lead to a favorable tempo for our vets and should buy Kobe time when he heads to the bench. MDA is doing neither for this veteran team.

You have Metta who can be a good defensive player if you guide him that way. Tug on the leash that allows him to just air out 3balls all game long. MDA gives Metta the green light and the boy just plays iso and/or tosses it up from 3land.

Then of course you got Dwight and you can even throw the length of Pau out there to deter ball penetration.

Bottomline, I think we do have some pieces here and there to be a good defensive unit...we just don't have the philosophy and the teacher that ingrains that mentality into this group.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:33 pm

Pau and defense in the same sentence should never mix. Jack was throwing up floaters with no arc tonight and Gasol couldn't get 1/4 inch off the ground to block it.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby DHL on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:34 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:34 pm

^^^You're a doc, you tell me why?
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:36 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:^^^You're a doc, you tell me why?

Ever since our last ring he's been on the decline. It's not like this recent injury has shown us anything we haven't been seeing for the last couple of years.
Doc Brown

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:36 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Pau and defense in the same sentence should never mix. Jack was throwing up floaters with no arc tonight and Gasol couldn't get 1/4 inch off the ground to block it.

Pau was terrible on D but that is not why we lost. Stop blaming Gasol for a collective failure that starts with our coach
Chillbongo

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:38 pm

But I digress....the personnel we have on this team can be coached and guided differently.

We would have a tough time on quicker teams, but if we controlled the tempo and focused on defense, I'm sure we wouldn't be 1 game over 500 right now. In fact, I'm pretty sure we could have avoided some injuries as well.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:39 pm

Chillbongo wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Pau and defense in the same sentence should never mix. Jack was throwing up floaters with no arc tonight and Gasol couldn't get 1/4 inch off the ground to block it.

Pau was terrible on D but that is not why we lost. Stop blaming Gasol for a collective failure that starts with our coach

:man3:

You're trying too hard. Where in my post did I say that was the reason we lost?
Doc Brown

Postby The Rock on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:39 pm

I would have to blame D'Antoni with tonight's loss you know Pau is a lost case we've been seeing this all year, why not just limit his role and have him come off the bench.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Nashty Gal on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:46 pm

the only time i watch tv is to watch the lakers play. so i'm paying 80 bucks a month to watch this hot mess of a team. that's my wmc of the season

The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:05 pm

pau off the bench would be best imo. the starting lineup with clark was jelling and was really working now that dwight is healthier. then pau comes in and the midrange that clark usually makes or drives and attacks the rim are now pau's shots that hes bricking or just standing there not even looking at the basket. all the cuts and offensive boards clark got are not by pau. jamison next to dwight is better than pau who is taking more of his minutes.

although tonight no one could hit a shot id take jamison shooting midrange, cutting, rebounding, 3's over pau. jamison's d or clarks d isnt all that amazing but i think their energy and hustle is better than what pau's length brings bc on d thats all he has since he doesnt jump or even put an arm up most of the time.

clark and dwight starting would prob be better at this point. maybe when pau is showing some aggression and energy and health coming off the bench then think abou starting him. but we cant mess with chemistry and what was working with such little time left. we had injuries so be it....we cant pretend like this is the same team that is could be if there were no injuries. the guys that were there played and built something together without the injured pau should prob play over pau at this point. what did the guy do today that earl couldnt have done better in the same minutes...nothing.
Ariza3

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:54 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Chillbongo wrote:

:man3:

You're trying too hard. Where in my post did I say that was the reason we lost?

Crap, was on my phone. It was supposed to say "people should stop blaming Gasol" :bang:

Pau played 23 minutes, and there were some notable defensive lapses. But I think our problems ran much deeper than that tonight.
Chillbongo

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:02 am

The Lakers had a good rotation before Pau came back, with Jamison and Clark splitting minutes at PF, and doing some occasional center. Pau should be worked in slowly, coming off the bench at first. My WMC is that MDA is catering to Pau's whims, when he should limit his minutes until he gets back into shape. A couple more faux Paus (spelling intended) and we'll be sitting at home during the first round.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby kenzo on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:48 am

Lakers doom :man13: :hungry:...

:cry:
kenzo

Postby borri on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:59 am

Bad idea to start Pau. Ruined whatever chemistry this bad team had developed in Pau's absence.
borri

Postby KB24 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:12 am

enough with the excuses.

this team just isn't that good. Losses happen and they also happen in embarrassing fashion. Every game there is another reason but the truth is the same. Mediocre teams always find a way to lose.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby SpencerHarrison on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:17 am

Yeah I kind of can't believe Pau is starting.

That just seems utterly insane.
SpencerHarrison

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion