WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: It is all your fault? Blame away! (36-35)

Postby themasterphil on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:36 am

Problem with Lakers is really simple. They are just too slow for NBA basketball in this moment. If you have Metta, Nash, Pau in first five that just cant work, no chance. Beside that there is MDA system with really slow players, thats good way for disaster nothing else. In Pau absence Clark was in and they have some chance to defend transition, now its impossible. You need to have quick guards and one really fast and athletic PF. We dont have anything of that. So for me this season is gone. Q is can they take one or two games in first round and thats it. If you want to win in this league right now you need SPEED SPEED SPEED.
themasterphil

Postby cleverdevil on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:12 am

themasterphil wrote:Problem with Lakers is really simple. They are just too slow for NBA basketball in this moment. If you have Metta, Nash, Pau in first five that just cant work, no chance. Beside that there is MDA system with really slow players, thats good way for disaster nothing else. In Pau absence Clark was in and they have some chance to defend transition, now its impossible. You need to have quick guards and one really fast and athletic PF. We dont have anything of that. So for me this season is gone. Q is can they take one or two games in first round and thats it. If you want to win in this league right now you need SPEED SPEED SPEED.

I agree whole heartedly. The team is too old in too many key spots to be able to handle the schedule. I mean 2nd game of a back to back has been almost automatically a loss all season. They are too slow to play effective half court defense for a complete game or transition defense at any point during a game.

And in terms of winning a title....its not 2008 anymore. These "young and/or athletic" teams like OKC, Miami, Denver and Memphis have experience in the playoffs and aren't going deer in the headlights. Even the Spurs are really young outside of Ginobili, Duncan and Parker. Our "experience" just isn't enough anymore. This offseason needs to see a few of these 1 years moved like Pau, Metta and Blake for some youth and talent, even if it isn't a perfect talent for talent return. Next year will be the exact same if this same team stays intact.
cleverdevil

Postby denimPortugal on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:30 am

I'm totally disgusted. unbelievable season.
I just want it to end quickly, and then...blow up the roster!
denimPortugal

Postby The Rock on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:34 am

Last night's loss just sapped the spirit out of the team, we looked like how we did did in DEC, lots of self doubt, confusion, finger pointing, etc. Come on Pau be the team player and go to the bench! We need Clark more than Pau right now

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:09 am

The Rock wrote:Last night's loss just sapped the spirit out of the team, we looked like how we did did in DEC, lots of self doubt, confusion, finger pointing, etc. Come on Pau be the team player and go to the bench! We need Clark more than Pau right now

luke did it for ariza...
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:34 am

Look, Clark is clearly gassed. His effort and defense is ahead of Gasol's for sure. And he can get us the cleanup buckets we need.

But right now his jumper is off and he isn't in NBA starter shape. His legs are gone. It's obvious. We really can't put that much pressure on him. He shouldn't be playing 35-40 minutes a night right now, we need to make sure he's healthy. He's not in starter shape.
Chillbongo

Postby The Rock on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:36 am

Clark doesnt need to play 35 mins a night, he just needs to start and finish the games. Jamison/MWP can split the remaining PF minutes. Less Pau, more Clark but that doesnt mean Pau should only play 10 mins and Clark should play 40 mins

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:43 am

I think Pau at 15 minutes is fine. Make all those minutes when Dwight isn't in the game. But if Dwight is playing more than 35 minutes that's hard.

Another real problem is our bench. They can score (Blake/Jamison/Meeks/Pau) but not defend for s***. Without Pau, the bench has no anchor. And with Pau, we don't have much of an anchor. I think Pau's minutes need to be limited but people here acting like he is the reason we lost the last 3 games.

Did he help? No. Should we play Dwight and Pau together? Probably not. But having Pau out there alone is a defensive liability. It really is on MDA to leave him at 15 minutes a game and try to get some offense out of him and maybe use his length to stop a possession or two. Clown a*** coach has no clue
Chillbongo

Re: WMC 12/13: Didn't see the game. We lost. (36-34)

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:18 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Nash - Fractured fibula, Hip and Back
Kobe - Sprained ankle, Bone spur
Dwight - Torn labrum, back surgery
Pau - Concussion, elbow, torn plantar fascia, tendonitis
Hill - Herniated disk, microfracture surgery on hip
Blake - Punctured foot, abdominal strain
MWP - undisclosed leg/hip injury for 2 months, torn meniscus
Clark - Foot problem
Jamison - Partial tear in wrist

2 coaches
Owner passes away

Another update. :freak2:
Last edited by Doc Brown on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Neo on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:28 pm

Even with the list Doc provided, I still believe the biggest mistake was not getting Phil.
Neo

Re: WMC 12/13: Didn't see the game. We lost. (36-34)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:38 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Nash - Fractured fibula
Kobe - Sprained ankle
Dwight - Torn labrum, back surgery
Pau - Concussion, elbow, torn plantar fascia, tendonitis
Hill - Herniated disk, microfracture surgery on hip
Blake - Punctured foot, abdominal strain
MWP - undisclosed leg/hip injury for 2 months, torn meniscus
Clark - Foot problem
Jamison - Partial tear in wrist

2 coaches
Owner passes away

I mean WTF, everything that could go wrong this season.....Has.

Updated the misery that is this season.

And people actually dismiss the injuries as a little thing. That is 8 of our players that have had significant injuries. How we are even in the playoff race at all.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby dj vitus on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:41 pm

Nashty Gal wrote:the only time i watch tv is to watch the lakers play. so i'm paying 80 bucks a month to watch this hot mess of a team. that's my wmc of the season

"Hot mess... hot mess!"
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:33 pm

Team has been through alot and Doc's post is pretty damning...

But I refuse to believe that with all the injury excuses, we wouldn't be better than 1 game over .500 with another guy running the show.

Again, Kobe and Dwight suited up for the majority of our games. Chemistry and injury issues have been proven excuses by teams that have had similar issues and have still persevered.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:45 pm

I don't see the problem with starting Ebanks other than chemistry. his defense would be good and would be some athleticism. hope Kobe starts at the 3 and Clark backs him up. leaving Jamison at the 4.

Nash/Blake
Meeks/Kobe
Kobe/Clark
Pau/Jamison
Dwight/Pau
Ariza3

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:49 pm

^Ebanks is not playing unless its garbage time, IMO. It really sucks; we were depending on him to develop & maybe even fill in for such a time as this but that's a foregone conclusion at this point...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:50 pm

Vash- I can understand that point and it isn't far-fetched to think a coach like Sloan or Phil may have a better record but that is just speculation. I personally think there is a great deal of discord for MDA that should be laid on the players. Dwight has only, since the All star game, started playing like the Dwight of old. Prior to that he was a shell of himself, he was setting horrible picks and barely rolling to the basket. I will blame the coach for the energy the team plays with, the minutes certain guys were playing and the semingly lack of effort the team has played with in way to many games. We have enought talent even with injuries to compete so I won't say it is an "excuse" either. I just won't dismiss it as nothing either.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:53 pm

everyone of the timberwolves played less than 30 mins in a win. they'll be rested. chase shved ak47 Cunningham didn't shoot too well but of course tomorrow they'll all go off. jj barea went off tonight and prob win against Blake tomorrow.

pek on Dwight is pretty tough for Dwight on O and his rebounding and stretch will be a problem too. Kobe ISO can't be in full effect and pau has the advantage so he better show up on BOTH ends. unexceptable if we lose. and if we win it better be a blowout. no excuses
Ariza3

Postby noobiew on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:04 pm

With Metta possibly done for the season, we might see some actions from Ebanks.

Starting lineup : - Dwight - Jamison - Clark - Kobe - Nash

Bench unit : - Pau - Meeks - Blake - Ebanks
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby dj vitus on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:10 pm

noobiew wrote:With Metta possibly done for the season, we might see some actions from Ebanks.

Starting lineup : - Dwight - Jamison - Clark - Kobe - Nash

Bench unit : - Pau - Meeks - Blake - Ebanks

Knowing MDA, it will probably be

Starting lineup: Dwight - Pau - Jamison - Kobe - Nash

Bench: Clark - Meeks - Blake
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:54 pm

Puff, thx for clarifying and I do agree that the players should not get off scotch free. The blame game runs deep, but IMHO it starts up top.

The FO did not execute due diligence in the coaching hire, even after they said they would do so. So I feel the blame rightfully starts with them. From there it trickles down to the coach and not getting his guys properly prepared...to the players themselves, for not playing with effort necessary in being a championship contender.

Its not a great mentality to have, but I still feel that the players aren't playing hard for MDA cause they don't believe in the guy.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:09 am

This team is nowhere near a title contender whether coached by MDA , Phil , Pop or whoever you want .

Is MDA a good coach or the right coach for this team ? No but how long are we going to pull the coach excuse card ?

The reality is the core of our team is constituted by old players , past their prime , except for D12 who has his own health issues to deal with ... our roster isn't a good fit for today's fast and athletic NBA ( you can add on top of this , no depth at the 2 and 3 positions).

I'm just asking this question , how are you supposed to contend for a championship with ONE single 2 way player on your roster ?

We'll probably be a 2nd round exit at best without all these injuries and a great coach ...
wcsoldier81

Postby kenzo on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:57 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:This team is nowhere near a title contender whether coached by MDA , Phil , Pop or whoever you want .

Is MDA a good coach or the right coach for this team ? No but how long are we going to pull the coach excuse card ?

The reality is the core of our team is constituted by old players , past their prime , except for D12 who has his own health issues to deal with ... our roster isn't a good fit for today's fast and athletic NBA ( you can add on top of this , no depth at the 2 and 3 positions).

I'm just asking this question , how are you supposed to contend for a championship with ONE single 2 way player on your roster ?

We'll probably be a 2nd round exit at best without all these injuries and a great coach ...

QFT :man6:
kenzo

Postby khmrP on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:52 am

Ariza3 wrote:everyone of the timberwolves played less than 30 mins in a win. they'll be rested. chase shved ak47 Cunningham didn't shoot too well but of course tomorrow they'll all go off. jj barea went off tonight and prob win against Blake tomorrow.

pek on Dwight is pretty tough for Dwight on O and his rebounding and stretch will be a problem too. Kobe ISO can't be in full effect and pau has the advantage so he better show up on BOTH ends. unexceptable if we lose. and if we win it better be a blowout. no excuses

how often do you watch Minn game to say Pek is a stretch big? Out of the games I've seen I never gotten that impression, everything he gets is off of PnR and put backs no different than Howard.
khmrP

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:07 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:This team is nowhere near a title contender whether coached by MDA , Phil , Pop or whoever you want .

Wait who is our 2 way player? Dwight in his current form is too reliant on others to generate offense for him, Pau is broken right now, Nash no, Kobe no, Ron lol no.

We don't have any 2 way players.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:21 am

I think he was referring to Kobe. His defense has been putrid, but there were times this season when he ramped up his effort to stop Jennings, Irving, etc.

Dwight almost counts except he can't create his own shot. His offensive numbers and rebounding definitely are on par with "two-way" player though.
Chillbongo

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion