WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: No Magic for LA (8-9)

Postby GoldenKnight on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:32 pm

8-9 was the Heat's record before they started winning 21 out of their next 22...sadly, I don't think we will do nearly as good.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby gill on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:32 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:8-9 was the Heat's record before they started winning 21 out of their next 22...sadly, I don't think we will do nearly as good.

They were 9-8. At least they were over .500 :man5:
gill

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:34 pm

trodgers wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:Kobe didn't get guys involved early. pretty much has to force shots up just to get a look. Then down the stretch you couldn't go to anyone and Kobe went 1v5 without passing once.

He didn't shoot until 5 or 7 minutes left in the first. He had three assists and seven passes in the first quarter.

The team died when Howard started the parade to the FT line.

No way, it was way before that half ended.
D.B. Cooper

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:37 pm

gill wrote:That 9 pt. lead we blew in the first half with kobe playing Hero ball looking for calls in the paint was loss opportunity,

That.
Ariza3 wrote:Kobe didn't get guys involved early. pretty much has to force shots up just to get a look. Then down the stretch you couldn't go to anyone and Kobe went 1v5 without passing once.

also bad rotations tonight. thought Meeks should have gotten way more minutes. he drills a 3 to put us up 7 in the 4th and then gets benched and we end up down by one instantly. I thought you keep him in and best case he hits more 3's worst case he opens up more room for Dwight.

Ebanks wasn't terrible and did okay just didn't want him taking Meeks mins. rather have Kobe at 3 with Meeks at 2 than Ebanks at 3. only play Ebanks when Kobe is not in.

it was just no energy on both ends and Kobe taking it upon himself too early and the ball never moved at all for the rest of the game. he also played terrible sagging lazy jogging around d all game

And this, except about not getting teammates involved early. I thought he started out good like the Den game but then reverted back to the Indy game.
D.B. Cooper

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:40 pm

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:42 pm

Also rotations went back to being crap with limited min. for Meeks, no Hill, too much Kobe and Howard.
D.B. Cooper

Postby lakerfansd on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:44 pm

It all about effort. They simply don't play hard.
lakerfansd

Postby trodgers on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:45 pm

D.B. Cooper wrote:
trodgers wrote:

He didn't shoot until 5 or 7 minutes left in the first. He had three assists and seven passes in the first quarter.

I don't know what "it" refers to in your post.

I'm listing ALL of LA's possessions in these runs. You tell me what Kobe did to kill the team.

Third Q:
First Hack-a-Dwight
LA is up 7 with 0:42.7 left.
Howard is fouled. Misses both.
Howard is fouled. Misses one of two.
LA is up 4 going into fourth.
-3 points in 43 seconds

Fourth Q
Dwight and Kobe enter, LA up 7. 7:08 left.
Howard misses a shot.
Howard is fouled. Hits both.
Bryant hits a layup. (Ties it)
Bryant misses a shot.
Howard hits one of two. (LA down 1)
MWP misses a 3.
Howard fouled. Misses 2 of 2. (Down 6)
Howard fouled. Misses 1 of 2. (Down 8)
That's with 3:11 left.
-15 swing in 4:00; Kobe consumed two possessions. Dwight consumed six. MWP 1.

Vucevic hit a shot 11 seconds later to make it Orlando 100, Lakers 90.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby lakerfansd on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:47 pm

If Pau is hurt, why not sit him for a few games? Start Jamison and have Hill backup.
lakerfansd

Postby Armani on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:48 pm

lakerfansd wrote:If Pau is hurt, why not sit him for a few games? Start Jamison and have Hill backup.

It wasn't Pau's fault tonight.

@docrostov: w... what. RT @conradkaczmarek: Whoops. Dwight-Jamison shared court for 19 minutes and allowed 57 points (132.7 per 100 poss.) That's a lot

Lakers just really sucked on D... why? :bang:
Armani

Postby lakerfansd on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:50 pm

Armani wrote:
lakerfansd wrote:If Pau is hurt, why not sit him for a few games? Start Jamison and have Hill backup.

It wasn't Pau's fault tonight.

@docrostov: w... what. RT @conradkaczmarek: Whoops. Dwight-Jamison shared court for 19 minutes and allowed 57 points (132.7 per 100 poss.) That's a lot

Lakers just really sucked on D... why? :bang:

I'm not blaming Pau for the loss, but he looks hurt. When Howard is out someone needs to help on D and protect the paint. On offense he's getting no lift so all he can do is shoot jumpers. Seem like everything in the post is getting swatted.
Last edited by lakerfansd on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lakerfansd

Postby trodgers on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:51 pm

I find it strange that when Kobe "goes hero ball" as some say, the claim is that this kills the team's intensity. They can't shoot when they get a chance because they're so shocked to get the ball. They can't play D because they're not feeling the flow of the game.

Then they stand around and watch Hack-a-Dwight, can't shoot, and give up a ton of points. And it's surprising to people. I've presented the data above. Hack-a-Dwight killed the team.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby last stand on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:51 pm

trodgers wrote:My biggest complaint is reactionary posts on here.

As for the team:
Kobe played too much.
Dwight played too much.
Dwight should be removed in crunch time until he proves a remotely reliable FT shooter.
Hack-a-Dwight killed any passion/activity we had.
Our bench didn't play enough.

who do we put in for dwight though. Hill is just as bad of a free throw shooter. Pau can't move.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby trodgers on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:52 pm

last stand wrote:
trodgers wrote:My biggest complaint is reactionary posts on here.

As for the team:
Kobe played too much.
Dwight played too much.
Dwight should be removed in crunch time until he proves a remotely reliable FT shooter.
Hack-a-Dwight killed any passion/activity we had.
Our bench didn't play enough.

who do we put in for dwight though. Hill is just as bad of a free throw shooter. Pau can't move.

To close the game? Pau. No question.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby gill on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:53 pm

My concern with Pau closing the game is on the defensive end.
gill

Postby Finwë on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:54 pm

trodgers wrote:
D.B. Cooper wrote:
trodgers wrote:

I don't know what "it" refers to in your post.

I'm listing ALL of LA's possessions in these runs. You tell me what Kobe did to kill the team.

Third Q:
First Hack-a-Dwight
LA is up 7 with 0:42.7 left.
Howard is fouled. Misses one of two.
LA is up 4 going into fourth.
-3 points in 43 seconds

Fourth Q
Dwight and Kobe enter, LA up 7. 7:08 left.
Howard misses a shot.
Howard is fouled. Hits both.
Bryant hits a layup. (Ties it)
Bryant misses a shot.
Howard hits one of two. (LA down 1)
MWP misses a 3.
Howard fouled. Misses 2 of 2. (Down 6)
Howard fouled. Misses 1 of 2. (Down 8)
That's with 3:11 left.
-15 swing in 4:00; Kobe consumed two possessions. Dwight consumed six. MWP 1.

Vucevic hit a shot 11 seconds later to make it Orlando 100, Lakers 90.

Good breakdown, but people just see what they want to see.
I think Cooper's "it" was referring to when the team "died". I don't agree with him, but I did feel that the ending to the 2nd quarter was awful. We had a nice 9pt lead and let them come back with poor defensive effort from our part.
Ariza3, I guess writing stuff like "kobe didn't get guys involved early" is easier than actually using your head and paying attention..
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby last stand on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:56 pm

trodgers wrote:To close the game? Pau. No question.

my issue is it seems as though his legs are incapable of doing what his mind is telling them to do. he's the only player capable of turning the staples center floor into quicksand right now
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby King of Clutch on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:56 pm

Guys, notice how we're all coming up with numerous problems for this team. They're ALL CORRECT to a degree. kobe's play style right now (without nash), kobe's D after screens, team defense, no heart, rotations, paus pnr d and overall play, howards free throws, No one having the authority to tell kobe what to do. We just have too many problems!!! I'm seriously beginning to doubt this teams potential. There are sooo many things fundamentally wrong with this team. It makes me think of like a frankenstein project. If nash can somehow bring this team to championship level play, then he will truly deserves mvp. But I just don't see it happening. Our problems lie waay past steve nash's absence...
Last edited by King of Clutch on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of Clutch

Postby JGC on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:56 pm

JLaker17 wrote:There is no excuse losing to a team like the Magic with the talent we have. Under .500 is pathetic and the team needs to wake up.

I agree with you, but not everyone shares that sentiment.

I had some exchanges going in the GD thread with some folks who were saying we have some good excuses.

I've been saying it since the beginning, but I'll keep saying it. The roster is flawed. Doesn't need to be blown up, but it needs a couple of major tweaks.
JGC

Postby JGC on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:00 pm

King of Clutch wrote:Guys, notice how we're all coming up with numerous problems for this team. They're ALL CORRECT to a degree. kobe's play style right now (without nash), kobe's D after screens, team defense, no heart, rotations, paus pnr d and overall play, howards free throws, No one having the authority to tell kobe what to do. We just have too many problems!!! I'm seriously beginning to doubt this teams potential. There are sooo many things fundamentally wrong with this team. If nash can somehow bring this team to championship level play, then he will truly deserves mvp. But I just don't see it happening. Our problems lie waay past steve nash's absence...

Ding, ding, ding! This

A championship team has never looked this bad AND undergone this much change in a season. Well, maybe it's happened, I just can't recall one.

But you're right.... the problems go beyond coaching, beyond nash, and beyond practice. I've been saying this.
JGC

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:04 pm

JGC wrote:
JLaker17 wrote:There is no excuse losing to a team like the Magic with the talent we have. Under .500 is pathetic and the team needs to wake up.

I had some exchanges going in the GD thread with some folks who were saying we have some good excuses.

I've been saying it since the beginning, but I'll keep saying it. The roster is flawed. Doesn't need to be blown up, but it needs a couple of major tweaks.

See I don't know if I agree that the roster is flawed. They look unstoppable on some nights and then awful on others. If we were barely beating teams and then getting wrecked in the losses I would agree, but we have shown signs of being an elite team but they haven't been able to put it together consistently which is why we're 8-9. Maybe they need time for the wins to become consistent? It might be too late by that time though.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:08 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
JGC wrote:

See I don't know if I agree that the roster is flawed. They look unstoppable on some nights and then awful on others. If we were barely beating teams and then getting wrecked in the losses I would agree, but we have shown signs of being an elite team but they haven't been able to put it together consistently which is why we're 8-9. Maybe they need time for the wins to become consistent? It might be too late by that time though.

^^ I agree. The roster isn't the problem for me.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby JGC on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:09 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
JGC wrote:

Well, I don't mean the roster sucks. A sucky roster would barely beat teams and getting wrecked in losses.

The reason we look unstoppable some nights is because we have talent on the team. So there will be nights where it comes together and magic seems to happen.

I'm saying we have the wrong types of talent on this squad. That's what I mean by flawed.
JGC

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:22 pm

There just seems to be some kind of "culture of laziness" here no matter the roster or the coach.

What a disgrace. :disagree:
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:26 pm

our record represents our team. one game were on the next were not. back and forth back and forth.

facilitator Kobe from the start or forcing shots 1v5 Kobe from the start. defense and offense click one game the very next neither do.

it's so annoying. want Nash back ASAP and even Blake but duhon is doing well. Meeks needs waaaay more minutes. especially if Kobe is gonna play like this. super efficient for the first x amount of games and then this the last few
Ariza3

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion