WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: Go Ahead Jump off the Wagon (9-13)

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:12 pm

Scnottaken wrote:I actually feel bad I missed the game, even though they lost. I feel like it's somehow my fault, because I missed the game, and am not doing my job as a fan. Finals are killing me, though. If next game is on thursday, I will likely miss that one too.

don't be sorry you missed it. i'm sorry i didn't.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Re: WMC 12/13: OOps they did it again (9-12)

Postby ojdidit123 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:18 pm

Starting to believe we won't be in the playoffs after all and quite frankly we don't deserve to be. If the highest payroll in the league is below .500 in the 1st quarter of the season that should be it there should be an NBA requirement that you win at least 50 games to be in the playoffs thus to get rid of the scrubs and the teams that simply don't try like us. It is really sad that this organization did this to Kobe by stacking him with the biggest fraud of a coach in NBA history in Mike Dantoni. The guy owes his career to a prime Steve Nash who won't be saving him this time around either. All we can do now is hope everyone doesn't retire or jump ship at seasons end which they probably should in Kobe and Steves case because their title window is closed and bringing in Dantoni sealed that fate. Start accepting it before its too late and it hurts even more
ojdidit123

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:20 pm

no way we beat the knicks at MSG the way theyre playing on both ends. Especially coming off beat the nets in a close game. Kidd with 6 3's and Melo with 45 points. Tyson on Dwight is even defense wise so Dwight will have trouble the way hes playing with all these post ups. Felton will just blow by duhon and morris and meeks.

our only hope is that
Kobe plays well...that means efficient, 25+ and 5+ assists meaning not him going 1v5 bc its MSG, let the game come to him and not force things like tonight imo just with more passing and less TOs.

Dwight shoots 50+% from FT from the START..not end the game with +50% when the entire game were in a deficit. And actually shoots well from the field...gotta do better than 3-9. more movement less post ups

Jamison has gotta step up. 3-10 and 1-6 from 3 isnt gunna cut it with only 1 rebound.

MWP gotta lock down Melo. He wont stop him, but hes gotta play intense D ALL game on him. That and hit the wide open 3 which isnt out of the realm for him. He's just gotta show up from the start and be in his crazy fire in the eyes zone we all love from him.

Duhon gotta play good D on Felton. Can't take his eyes off him. He's also gotta be aggressive i think. He's too "pass first" and the D knows it. Hit the open 3 and dont be afraid to take the open layup
Meeks gotta shoot a little better but i thought he played well tonight minus a couple mental lapses on D. He brought the effort and looked like the only one out there who gave it his all for all his minutes
Ariza3

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:21 pm

Kobe's also playing too many minutes right now. He's the only one that can seemingly shoot well tonight. What we're we 4-16 from three? Jordan Hill starting with Dwight offensively is a diaster; it gets amplified when Jordan can't hit that midrange shot because his man sags off of him into the painted area.

Dwight needs a stretch 4 that can rebound, shoot the three, and play decent defense. We can mix & match because Pau, Jamison, and Hill offer different things but none of them bring the whole package like a Kevin Love type. Although, Kevin isn't the greatest defender, but he's the closest thing to a stretch 4 for Dwight that we need...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:28 pm

Ariza3 wrote:MWP needs to focus on D. He can shoot that WIDE open 3 im okay with that. But anything else is too much for him. He needs to play good solid high energy D all game and get back. Thats all you have to do, which is exactly what he still can do.

Past few games i havent seen the fire and energy that were so used to seeing from him.

dont know where you getting this glimmer of hope from peace, I haven't seen him be able to stay in front of his man most of the season....his great O from time to time probably has masked his horrid D most the time. Him and Kobe are horrible defending their man, 1-3 all get beat by the perimeter and causes havoc in the paint, same story different team.
khmrP

Postby purp n gold on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:30 pm

At one point I thought I was being hard on the team by saying "we're a .500 team"
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby kenzo on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:44 pm

Blow it up :man9: :man12:
kenzo

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:52 pm

this team just doesn't fit or isn't fitting for now....i sure do hope it does soon, its getting uglier by the day.
khmrP

Postby c.Lin on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:56 pm

It's so unsettling that, 22 games into the season, we're two games out of the 8th seed and three games from LAST PLACE in the West. Ridiculous.
c.Lin

Postby Tragic on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:01 am

I thought that maybe I was jinxing the lakers since I have league pass for the first time ever and I'm watching it on my television so i skipped out tonight. Glad to know that me watching the lakers on TV as opposed to online streaming has nothing to do with why we suck.

This feels like it's 2004-2005 again :bang:
Tragic

Postby RushDelivery on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:06 am

Tragic wrote:This feels like it's 2004-2005 again :bang:

Even that team started 13-9. Think about that for a second, a team with Chucky Atkins and Chris Mihm as the starting PG and C respectively, with reserves Tierre Brown and Brian Cook playing 20+ min each, had a better record at this point in the season.

It will be an uphill battle just to make the playoffs, and a title is just a dream at this point.
Last edited by RushDelivery on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." - Frederic Bastiat
RushDelivery

Postby dj vitus on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:08 am

"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Tragic on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:21 am

RushDelivery wrote:

Even that team started 13-9. Think about that for a second, a team with Chucky Atkins and Chris Mihm as the starting PG and C respectively, with reserves Tierre Brown and Brian Cook playing 20+ min each, had a better record at this point in the season.

It will be an uphill battle just to make the playoffs, and a title is just a dream at this point.

:disagree: speechless
Tragic

Postby BDG on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:23 am

It seriously just doesn't even make logical sense that the Lakers are this bad right now.

Just very stunned.

I don't care if Gasol and Nash are out ... this team should be way better.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby RushDelivery on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:27 am

Tragic wrote:
RushDelivery wrote:

:disagree: speechless

It gets worse. The 04-05 team beat the Kings on the road in Game 22 of the season, and even held a 21 point lead heading into the 4th quarter.
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." - Frederic Bastiat
RushDelivery

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:29 am

BDG wrote:It seriously just doesn't even make logical sense that the Lakers are this bad right now.

Just very stunned.

^^ Agreed 100%. I understand losing to OKC in their house. Heck, we even came back on them and made a game of it at the end.

But these last two losses have really stunk. Utah is a terrible road team and they looked like world beaters against us. The Cavs are just plain bad.

Losing to these guys when we need both of those wins badly hurts. There are no excuses for these last two losses. Actually they kind of boggle my mind.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:33 am

It just sucks to "assume" every game will be a loss, even against scrub teams. Hope they turn it around, but I seriously forgot what it feels like to expect to win & actually take care of business.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby RushDelivery on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:35 am

Lakerjones wrote:
BDG wrote:It seriously just doesn't even make logical sense that the Lakers are this bad right now.

Just very stunned.

^^ Agreed 100%. I understand losing to OKC in their house. Heck, we even came back on them and made a game of it at the end.

But these last two losses have really stunk. Utah is a terrible road team and they looked like world beaters against us. The Cavs are just plain bad.

Losing to these guys when we need both of those wins badly hurts. There are no excuses for these last two losses. Actually they kind of boggle my mind.

I don't find it that surprising considering the current Lakers coach is a guy who completely lost control of his former team before resigning in disgrace, and now his former team is flourishing under a far better coach with only marginal talent upgrades.
RushDelivery

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:38 am

RushDelivery wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:

Just very stunned.

I don't find it that surprising considering the current Lakers coach is a guy who completely lost control of his former team before resigning in disgrace, and now his former team is flourishing under a far better coach with only marginal talent upgrades.

^^ It doesn't speak very highly of Mr. Antoni now does it? Neither one of us liked that hire very much.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:46 am

the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby kenshi1023 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:51 am

"If words of command are not clear and distinct, if orders are not thoroughly understood, then the general is to blame."
lakers turned mr.potatohead into pringles!
kenshi1023

Postby dak22 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:13 am

Finwë wrote:
Legendary wrote:We're essentially playing with 2 legit starters (And no, MWP is NOT a starter. Not on a championship team...dude is way too inconsistent and his athleticism is a joke).

This

During the 7 game stretch w/o kobe last season, the lakers went 5-2 with a win at san antonio under MIKE BROWN with ANDREW BYNUM, PAU GASOL and no bench.

Now with Pau out, the lakers are 1-4 in the last 5 games with MIKE D'ANTONI, KOBE BRYANT, DWIGHT HOWARD, and more or less the same bench.

Yes it's only a small sample, but no way should a team with 2 top 5 players at the start of the season, even with all the injuries, should not be playing this bad.

Yes Pringles is not a good coach, we know that, but that's no excuse when Mike Brown, last year, did better with worse talent and Vinny Del Negro has the clips at 14-6 this season.

The stars on our team have to look at themselves because top 5 players make their teams play better then under .500 ball, regardless of whose on the roster. It's even worse when you have 2 of them on the same team.
dak22

Postby dak22 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:14 am

kenshi1023 wrote:"If words of command are not clear and distinct, if orders are not thoroughly understood, then the general is to blame."

So that means Phil Jackson was completely responsible for our last titles and not Kobe Bryant?
dak22

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:16 am

kobe has to play facilitator and create for others...dwight needs that, the team need that, fans need that.

kobe's tried it his way and we've lost 5 out of 6. kobe scores 42 on 57% and we lose. now try facilitating and try that kobe. yes its amazing what kobe can do and we love watching it...but were not winning that way. hes gotta create for others
Ariza3

Postby RushDelivery on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:19 am

dak22 wrote:
kenshi1023 wrote:"If words of command are not clear and distinct, if orders are not thoroughly understood, then the general is to blame."

So that means Phil Jackson was completely responsible for our last titles and not Kobe Bryant?

I don't think you're understanding the quote. It's saying that the leader of a team should receive the blame for a loss if the instructions were not clear. The quote makes no mention of who should get the credit for a victory.
RushDelivery

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion