WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: Don't know how to win anymore (17-24)

Postby Weezy on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:10 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:
Steve Kerr ‏@SteveKerrTNT

If I'm the Lakers, I'd look to trade Howard, not Pau. Dwight may walk next year anyway, and if Gasol is gone they'd be left with nothing. So disappointing to watch the Lakers right now. They sucked the life out of me, and I'm just an analyst. Can't imagine how Laker fans feel.

Damn, that last bit is harsh, the Lakers sucked the life out of Kerr and he's not even invested. :man10: Can't say I disagree with him though, maybe I'm wrong but I keep saying I do not see Dwight as a guy to build around to lead you to a title. To me it's a guards and forwards league now, if you can get one of the other great players in the league for him, you do it IMO.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:12 pm

Legendary wrote:Kobe looks done with this s*** in the post-game interview.

He has no answer (that he wants to publicly express).

If something isn't done soon...damn...

was thinking the same thing. I wanted TWC to show more of the interview though, Damn!
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby hollywood swinger on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:13 pm

like i said a few days ago and got bashed........ Nash = Trash
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Weezy wrote:
lakers_09tv wrote:

If I'm the Lakers, I'd look to trade Howard, not Pau. Dwight may walk next year anyway, and if Gasol is gone they'd be left with nothing. So disappointing to watch the Lakers right now. They sucked the life out of me, and I'm just an analyst. Can't imagine how Laker fans feel.

Damn, that last bit is harsh, the Lakers sucked the life out of Kerr and he's not even invested. :man10: Can't say I disagree with him though, maybe I'm wrong but I keep saying I do not see Dwight as a guy to build around to lead you to a title. To me it's a guards and forwards league now, if you can get one of the other great players in the league for him, you do it IMO.

I disagree, I still believe Howard has a good chance of staying here. It really will all depend if Mitch and Company ask him if we wants MDA to remain as the coach. I really do hope that at the end of the year Mitch does start to ask Howard for some input.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby borri on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:14 pm

On another, how many of you guys have actually clicked on the FIND YOUR ASIAN LADY ads we've been seeing? :man10:
borri

Postby Weezy on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:18 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:
Weezy wrote:
lakers_09tv wrote:

I disagree, I still believe Howard has a good chance of staying here. It really will all depend if Mitch and Company ask him if we wants MDA to remain as the coach. I really do hope that at the end of the year Mitch does start to ask Howard for some input.

I understand that you disagree, I think most will disagree, I just don't see it with Howard. Guards win, forwards win, last season it was James and Wade vs Durant and Westbrook. Before that it was Dirk, Terry, Kidd vs LeBron and Wade. The league has changed, it's quick guards and non traditional big men/forwards, big men on these teams just get boards and play d, not much else. That's just my opinion, like I said I know most won't agree.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby SpencerHarrison on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:26 pm

Weezy wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:
Weezy wrote:
lakers_09tv wrote:

I understand that you disagree, I think most will disagree, I just don't see it with Howard. Guards win, forwards win, last season it was James and Wade vs Durant and Westbrook. Before that it was Dirk, Terry, Kidd vs LeBron and Wade. The league has changed, it's quick guards and non traditional big men/forwards, big men on these teams just get boards and play d, not much else. That's just my opinion, like I said I know most won't agree.

I agree. I just kind of thought Dwight was a big man who could really move, and that would make magic with Nash. It didn't, and you're correct.
SpencerHarrison

Postby dj vitus on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:39 pm

Lakeshow24 wrote:Maybe the Lakers will end up in the lottery and get a great prospect to play alongside Clark, Howard, Kobe, and Nash next season.

This road trip is going to be brutal, and hopefully it signals Jim Buss making yet another coaching change. If anything, just give the reigns to Bickerstaff for the rest of the season.

we traded away our unconditional 1st round pick to Phx in the Nash deal. We also lost 3 other picks. That's a lot for a short rental on a star on his last legs. I don't think Cleveland or Toronto got that great of deals trading Bron and Bosh in their primes. :freak2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby The Rock on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:56 pm

Freakin inexplicable. If its not one thing its another. Howard looked like an old Kevin Willis out there, he looked stiff, I dont know how else to describe it. Hes trying hard but his body is not responding, therse no mobility, no fluid motion he just looks stiff as hell moving around. He loses rebounds out of bounds and gets stripped too many times...Nash and Kobe were making too many mistakes when it comes to passing. The ending to the 1st half was just deplorable neither couldn't get any shot or passing going. I could understand the end, they just ran out of gas since it was the 2nd game of a back to back. Pau couldn't hang on to the ball, Ron was taking some bad bad shots, they couldn't buckle down and get a stop when they needed to. Its the same way I felt about hte Dodgers last summer when we had a stacked squad when one issue is solved another is popping up. They need to keep grinding. Im not giving up on them yet. Teams right on top of them in the standings are stumbling too

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby noobiew on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:02 am

If the Bulls have their two best player tonight in Rose and Deng instead, I guarantee we will lost this game by 30+, at least ! :bang:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:09 am

This is getting pretty sad.
Lakerjones

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:13 am

Dwight is too expensive to not be a complete player. He can only score when he's fed, but he can't create his own shot. My contention for years has been that he's a second option, a Rodman or a Horace Grant. And the money he gets for that is too much. I'd be in favor of getting rid of him and Pau. Get some young stud Pf and Sf in return, and a decent backup pg. Ideally, a Kevin Love and a Rudy Gay would be great. Realistically, maybe Amare and DWillie.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Lakeshow24 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:14 am

dj vitus wrote:
Lakeshow24 wrote:Maybe the Lakers will end up in the lottery and get a great prospect to play alongside Clark, Howard, Kobe, and Nash next season.

This road trip is going to be brutal, and hopefully it signals Jim Buss making yet another coaching change. If anything, just give the reigns to Bickerstaff for the rest of the season.

we traded away our unconditional 1st round pick to Phx in the Nash deal. We also lost 3 other picks. That's a lot for a short rental on a star on his last legs. I don't think Cleveland or Toronto got that great of deals trading Bron and Bosh in their primes. :freak2:

Damnit, I forgot. I was just randomly expressing optimism. :bang:
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby last stand on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:15 am

dwight created his own shot just fine in orlando. he's not healthy and he's barely even touching the ball now. also deron williams and amare? lol kill me
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby MadMax on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:29 am

Flea ‏@flea333
in my 40 years of being a laker fan, this is the single most disappointing season so far
MadMax

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:30 am

MadMax wrote:
Flea ‏@flea333
in my 40 years of being a laker fan, this is the single most disappointing season so far

^^ Absolutely agree.
Lakerjones

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:37 am

After the Toronto game, I vowed not to get as emotionally invested in this team. From the looks of it, we'll be 10 games under .500 this after Sunday.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby kenzo on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:44 am

MadMax wrote:
Flea ‏@flea333

Flea is absolutly right :bang: 24 years of watching Lakers ball and now this :man6:
kenzo

Postby QA_Rocks on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:10 am

"Meanwhile, Brian Shaw is in Indiana presiding over the NBA's top defense, working with a deep knowledge of the triangle offense."
QA_Rocks

Postby Armani on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:43 am

:bang: :bang: :bang:
Armani

Postby BDG on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:29 am

Lakerjones wrote:
MadMax wrote:
Flea ‏@flea333
^^ Absolutely agree.
Can't be said any better.

This is the most disappointing season in the history of our franchise ... perhaps of any basketball franchise.

This team was supposed to be contending for a title yet they're losing to scrub teams.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby escobar8 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:53 am

wtf...what happend...i literaly fall asleep two minutes before game started (thank god now)...
but how can you lose to chi who is missing rose and deng...how...???
who the F was guarding there pg and sg...hinrich who whole season looks like he is dead sudenly becomes MJ...same for belinelli...WTF... :bang: :bang: :bang:
i was ignoring true signs and fooling myself...we gona turn it around,we can make it...no...this was last nail in the coffin...
there is nothing to play for... :man6: no play offs,no pick,kobe want get scoring title...there is absolutly nothing to look foward...whats the point of playing kobe for 42min...the best thing would be to shut him down till the end of the season...
escobar8

Postby denimPortugal on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:23 am

The biggest failure off al time, in the sports.
I can't even watch the matches anymore...
so sad!
denimPortugal

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:31 am

If we can get a great package for Dwight, I don't disagree with Kerr. It just isn't working, & I believe if there was an offer out there for Pau that brought enough value to really help us, we would have taken it already.
lakersin4

Postby NewDynasty on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:11 am

Well we.officially suck...cant even beat a bulls team without rose.and deng...what a nightmare of a season. :man6: :man6: :man6:
NewDynasty

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion