WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: Preseason Time!

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:16 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:-Hill was too much trigger happy for my taste ... just preseason but I hope it's not going to be a trend this season ...

yea that was my major critique for him tonight as well. waaaayyyyy too many outside J's
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby intuitivelOve on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:17 pm

I might be overreacting but I have a BAD feeling about Brown. I hope they fire him because I see him costing the Lakers a championship!!!!...lol I hope Dwight goes to management and get him fired!
intuitivelOve

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:18 pm

Realistic Roster (only people deserving to make the team)

Nash / ??? / DJO
Kobe / Meeks / ???
MWP / CD-R / Ebanks
Pau / Jamison / Clark
Howard / Hill / Sacre

The fact of the matter is we need a back up PG that can score the rock, and a defensive 4 that can spell Gasol so Hill can spell Howard. I say we should go after K-Mart and Barbosa. I'm willing to let go of Blake AND Duhon to get Barbosa, and K-Mart is simply the better player at the 4 between he and Jamison. Our roster would look like this:

Nash / Barbosa / DJO
Kobe / Meeks / CD-R
MWP / Jamison / Ebanks
Pau / K-Mart/ Clark
Howard / Hill / Sacre
Last edited by Snakell Beast on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:20 pm

can barbosa run the point tho? ehhhh
lakersyunowin

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:27 pm

fksteveblake wrote:can barbosa run the point tho? ehhhh

Yeah, better than Blake or Duhon. The key ingredient we need off the bench at the 1 and 2 positions is scoring ability. Nash is going to play 30-33 minutes per night. He can handle the passing duties.

The back up needs to be a change of pace scorer. What was demonstrated tonight was that though the Lakers have improved the talent on the bench, they still need someone to initiate SCORING off the bench in the back court. The main reason our bench gets reamed so often is because we have lacked scoring punch from the backcourt to take the pressure off of our more defensive minded front court reserves.

When we had Lamar Odom with Shannon Brown, Lamar handled the ball and initiated the scoring with his aggressiveness, and Shannon slashed to the basket. The Machine was supposed to be the shooter on the perimeter. I see Meeks as a better Vujacic, and Jamison can provide the scoring punch that Odom did, but he doesn't have Odom's handle...which means we need an aggressive offensive 1 to initiate penetration against defensive pressure. Enter Barbosa. One man's opinion...FWIW. :ball6:
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:41 pm

so more of a scoring point...hrm yea maybe. i guess i'm just not completely sold on the idea of the fit with meeks and jamison and the other benchies.

but i whole-heartedly agree with you that anyone should take barbosa over duhon/blake no matter what if there's a chance, and figure out the rest later.
lakersyunowin

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:15 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:I don't like Jamison at the 3 ... he will be more owned defensively than at the PF position ... and he is a good stretch PF next to D12

Meh

Mike Trudell‏@LakersReporter
This group of Blake, Jamison & Hill will anchor the 2nd unit, w/Meeks & Ebanks battling for minutes. Gasol/Howard will usually be on w/'em.

What the hell? Why would you bring in Meeks if you aren't going to play him. :bang:

There was no SG last season and Brown sits Ebanks, we have a really good backup SG and now Brown wants to play Ebanks there. What am I missing here?

Jamison's biggest advantage is his ability to take on 4's, 3's can keep up with him and he's not as effective.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby kenzo on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:45 am

Leave it to Mike Brown... he'll find a way to eff it up :disagree:
kenzo

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:54 am

That is just stupid. I've defended Mike in the past, but I can't defend him here. That is just a retarded move if he chooses to have Meeks battle with Ebanks for minutes. Blake is garbage why shouldn't he battle for minutes with Ebanks?
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby 24K GOLD on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:55 am

How in the world did we get 0-35'ed?
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:17 am

24K GOLD wrote:How in the world did we get 0-35'ed?

Best back up point guards in the league :mhihi: :mhihi:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby nthydro on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am

I have no idea why Brown played Jamison at the 3 and Ebanks at the 2?? I guess he didn't want to play Hill at the 5 since he's going to be playing Howard or Gasol with them. But I thought we brought Meeks in to relieve Kobe not to be fighting for minutes with Ebanks. I don't like playing Ebanks at the 2, he's not a good 3 point shooter. He did the same with Barnes last season. And Jamison is a reliability at the 3 defensively. Playing him as a stretch 4 will space the floor a lot better.

We still don't have guys on our bench who can create offense for themselves or others (except Jamison). Blake/Meeks/Ebanks/Hill all need to be playing with starters to be effective. This worries me since it means more minutes for some of our starters if Brown cant manage the rotation correctly (which I'm not too confident he will). Watching the Clippers bench the other day, they were able to compete with Denver's [i]starters[/]. That's why I thought bringing in a guy like Barbosa would have helped.

I know it's just preseason but this is Mike Brown we're talking here. There's a reason for concern.
nthydro

Postby lakersfever on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:58 am

I wanted Mike Brown fired the day he was hired.
lakersfever

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:28 am

I actually thought Blake looked good. He was pretty decisive and ran the second unit like he should have. Some of his passes weren't great, but that'll improve with chemistry. I liked what I saw from him.

As for the Brown quote... I'll be pissed if he doesn't play Meeks. We brought him here for a reason didn't we? If Ebanks plays the 2, I think that's a mistake. I know we're undersized with the full bench unit of Hill/Jamison, but we're misusing our players if Ebanks is at the 2.

I remember reading somewhere where Brown was so enamored with Hill's play that he said "I'm going to have to find ways to play him". I guess the way to play him is booting Meeks out of the 2nd unit.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Tobias Funke on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:18 am

I just want MB to get the stupid out of his system during the pre-season. Thats really one of the few concerns I have with this team.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:41 am

Tobias Funke wrote:I just want MB to get the stupid out of his system during the pre-season. Thats really one of the few concerns I have with this team.

wishful thinking
lakersyunowin

Postby GoldHammish on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:46 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:I don't like Jamison at the 3 ... he will be more owned defensively than at the PF position ... and he is a good stretch PF next to D12

Meh

Mike Trudell‏@LakersReporter
This group of Blake, Jamison & Hill will anchor the 2nd unit, w/Meeks & Ebanks battling for minutes. Gasol/Howard will usually be on w/'em.

WTF I'll be really pissed if that's how it goes. Brown's logic is so messed up. Last season? Let Ebanks ride the bench while we have no back up 2 guard. This season? We bring in a nice back up 2 for Kobe but Brown makes him fight for minutes with Ebanks, all the while we let Gasol exhaust himself.
GoldHammish

Postby kray28 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:48 am

Come January, we're going to be on here scratching our heads about Potato's brilliant rotations and expert game management skills.

We have a Grade AAA starting lineup and a C coach. I do think he brought in two quality assistants in Jordan and Bickerstaff, hopefully they will work mitigate the "stupid".
kray28

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:23 am

Meeks is a professional. He makes threes in a routine sort of way. He needs to be utilized, not be competing for minutes with Ebanks.

As for MB, TWC channel had some footage of Dwight meeting management when he came to LA. There was a scene where MB was joking with management, with nothing but nervous jokes over losing his job. I think he knows that he's close to being ousted.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby BDG on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:43 am

I don't get why he's trying to play Jamison at SF when he hasn't played that position in years. He's 37 and can't keep up with other 3's defensively. That's not what we brought him here for.

Mike already getting on my nerves.

It's almost like he's intentionally trying to make stupid rotations by playing guys out of position.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Juronimo on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:57 am

I'll give Brown a pass for playing guys out of position since I think he was more or less auditioning the 11th, 12th and 13th man on the team. Apparently most of them are not NBA caliber obviously.

Now if he does weird things like this during the regular season, then we can worry, but with Bernie Bickerstaff and Eddie Jordan on the bench I'm not as concerned since they give our coaching staff a degree of credibility.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:59 am

fksteveblake wrote:so more of a scoring point...hrm yea maybe. i guess i'm just not completely sold on the idea of the fit with meeks and jamison and the other benchies.

but i whole-heartedly agree with you that anyone should take barbosa over duhon/blake no matter what if there's a chance, and figure out the rest later.

Exactly! Comparing the 3 PGs that would be competing for back-up PG -if we signed Leandro Barbosa-:

Stats from Last Season:

Blake [32 years old] 23.3 mpg, 37% FG, 33% 3P, 77% FT, 5.2 PPG, 3.3 APG

Duhon [30 years old] 19.5 MPG, 41% FG, 42% 3P, 81% FT, 3.8 PPG, 2.4 APG

Barbosa [29 years old] 20.9 MPG, 42% FG, 38% 3P, 81% FT, 10.7 PPG, 1.4 APG

Considering that we need SCORING PUNCH off the bench, and considering that outside shooting is another very important aspect of need from our bench, Barbosa offers us a LARGE upgrade over what we currently have. He's also the youngest and freshest of the 3 players. No brainer to me.

nthydro wrote:That's why I thought bringing in a guy like Barbosa would have helped.

It still can, my brother. Leandro Barbosa is still available, and has already stated that he is willing to sign with the Lakers for the minimum to compete for a championship. Maybe we should all sign a petition. :man2:
Last edited by Snakell Beast on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snakell Beast

Postby Helljumper on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:22 pm

Based off of this game, I have a feeling one of my biggest complaints throughout the season is going to be Mike Brown's rotations.

Sure, it's just one game, but even last year he made stupid decisions that flew in the face of common sense (not playing Goudelock, using Blake as our primary back-up 2, etc.) so I wouldn't be surprised if he actually does play Jamison at the 3 and gives Blake/Duhon the backcourt or something like that.
Helljumper

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:36 pm

^^^ Screwing up the rotations is one thing, but if that dude trots out the double PG look this season, with the personnel we have, I hope Kenyon Martin's crazed stalker lady comes out of nowhere and slaps that man in the face.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:02 pm

fksteveblake wrote:
Tobias Funke wrote:I just want MB to get the stupid out of his system during the pre-season. Thats really one of the few concerns I have with this team.

wishful thinking

+10 Wow it's starting again already with his insanity at the backup 2. Way to make the new guy....Meeks they paid for feel right at home. :bang:
LTLakerFan

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion