WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: No 0-82? well Ill be darned (1-3)

Postby Legendary on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:35 pm

gill wrote:
Legendary wrote:Who was Kobe glaring at when he was on the bench?

I don't know. It looked like a potato!

I thought it was Mike Brown...not sure though.

But he was pissed at someone, giving whoever it was, the look of death.
Legendary

Postby trodgers on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:37 pm

Awful.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby GNC on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:38 pm

unacceptable.
GNC

Postby kray28 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:39 pm

borri wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:Man oh man.. I miss Phil.

Forget that, I miss Rudy T. That's how pissed I am at Brown.

Man I miss Randy Pfund. That guy used to be the worst Laker coach of all time....but not since Clown got the job.
kray28

Postby purp n gold on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:41 pm

Coach Mike Brown's biggest hit yet:

Morris/World Peace/Jamison/Hill/Howard

it's a basketball picasso. :jam2:
Spoiler:
:man6: :man6: :man6: :man6: :man6: :man6: :man6:
Last edited by purp n gold on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Pig Miller on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:41 pm

thanks for nothing Mike Brown.

Stop playing Metta at the 2!!!! The dude can't pass or shoot!!!!

play jodie meeks!!!

get a real rotation!!!!!

i'm frustrated. this is absolutely unacceptable.

i want to hear him take some of the blame. say that you coached terribly!!!!
Pig Miller

Postby Forward Three on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:44 pm

I mean, if we at least had someone who was reliable at hitting open shots, this team would at least not be so painful to watch. But the shooting ability of these guys is staggeringly bad. Breathtakingly bad. "I cannot believe I am watching professional basketball players" bad. (Kobe excluded, of course, but even he had some pitiful nights in the Brown-Era)

It just adds insult to injury that random scrubs on literally any other team on the league will comfortably knock down open shots because this is what they do professionally and actually respect that they are more privileged than 99.99999% of the population.

The fact that I feel like I'm asking for too much to expect Lakers players to hit open shots is just depressing.
Forward Three

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:45 pm

This is ridiculous...he's talking about how we can't hit open 3s, and that we have to tip our hat to randy foye for hitting those 3s....hey idiot, you have JODIE MEEKS who can HIT the 3...and u got MWP trying to guard Foye and JAMISON trying to guard HAYWARD....its YOUR FAULT IDIOT.

And can these idiots ask BETTER QUESTIONS?!?!
FabFourLakers

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:46 pm

I haven't felt this bad since game 2 at Oklahoma. It's a weird feeling, I'm not even angry, it's like I'm tired and can't feel anything. Typing is actually difficult right now.
-
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby The Rock on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:48 pm

4 for 23 from 3s, yea we dont need Meeks :man10:

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Legendary on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:49 pm

Finwë wrote:I haven't felt this bad since game 2 at Oklahoma. It's a weird feeling, I'm not even angry, it's like I'm tired and can't feel anything. Typing is actually difficult right now.
-

I know what you mean. I'm not mad either...just waiting for the inevitable change....

Because there will be some change coming here...that's for damn sure.
Legendary

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:50 pm

Forward Three wrote:I mean, if we at least had someone who was reliable at hitting open shots, this team would at least not be so painful to watch. But the shooting ability of these guys is staggeringly bad. Breathtakingly bad. "I cannot believe I am watching professional basketball players" bad. (Kobe excluded, of course, but even he had some pitiful nights in the Brown-Era)

It just adds insult to injury that random scrubs on literally any other team on the league will comfortably knock down open shots because this is what they do professionally and actually respect that they are more privileged than 99.99999% of the population.

The fact that I feel like I'm asking for too much to expect Lakers players to hit open shots is just depressing.

A solid WMC. Still, shooting isn't our biggest problem right now.
And don't forget, Jodie Meeks, you know, the guy who led the league in catch-and-shoot situations, is a constant DNP CD under Potato. We also waived Goudelock. Those are guys that will routinely hit open Js. Not ebanks & Morris.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby dmaul on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:53 pm

After such an exciting summer, I'm totally deflated and there is no joy at all watching this team. So infuriating having this coach ruin a team with this much talent, ruin Kobe and Nash's last decent years to get a championship. I never had cable before because I don't watch much t.v. and got TWC so I wouldn't be shut out of Laker games. Irony is I've gotten so much more pleasure watching the other stuff on, like the Walking Dead, and movies and stuff than watching what should be a very special Laker season. They even showed Kobe's 81 point game the other night. Now that was fun to watch. These games are just a nightmare and hard to swallow.
dmaul

Postby Forward Three on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:55 pm

Finwë wrote:I haven't felt this bad since game 2 at Oklahoma. It's a weird feeling, I'm not even angry, it's like I'm tired and can't feel anything. Typing is actually difficult right now.
-

If it is any consolation, that 'weird feeling' is exactly the feeling I would attribute to the Lakers current mindset and attitude.
Forward Three

Postby Forward Three on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:58 pm

Finwë wrote:
Forward Three wrote:I mean, if we at least had someone who was reliable at hitting open shots, this team would at least not be so painful to watch. But the shooting ability of these guys is staggeringly bad. Breathtakingly bad. "I cannot believe I am watching professional basketball players" bad. (Kobe excluded, of course, but even he had some pitiful nights in the Brown-Era)

A solid WMC. Still, shooting isn't our biggest problem right now.
And don't forget, Jodie Meeks, you know, the guy who led the league in catch-and-shoot situations, is a constant DNP CD under Potato. We also waived Goudelock. Those are guys that will routinely hit open Js. Not ebanks & Morris.

Yeah, I miss Goudelock already and he barely even played. But that guy had SCORER in his DNA. And yeah, the defense is easily the biggest issue right now, as well as the rotation. But I'm at the point where, I could at least enjoy these games if the team was actually capable of performing fundamental basketball or hitting open shots. The fact that they are so deficient on that level makes these games some of the most unenjoyable watching experiences I can remember. Which is especially hurtful because my Lakers blood stems largely from their having always been an inspiring team to watch winning or losing.
Forward Three

Postby GNC on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:59 pm

I cannot believe we had to cut CDR for this P.O.S. Morris :hurl:
GNC

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:01 pm

12 bench points tonight......congrats Mike, your "defense/length" unit is doing superb.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:08 pm

Forward Three wrote:
-

If it is any consolation, that 'weird feeling' is exactly the feeling I would attribute to the Lakers current mindset and attitude.

LOL how is that consolation? You're right, and that can only make me feel worse
Last edited by Finwë on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finwë

Postby The Original 81 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:13 pm

Doc Brown wrote:12 bench points tonight......congrats Mike, your "defense/length" unit is doing superb.

The sad thing is they're garbage defensively too. MB thinks length=defense unfortunately.

Pathetic. I don't even care anymore at this point, how could I when our team is not being put in the best position to win.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Pig Miller on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:13 pm

this 1-4 start just makes me think about how terrible the Pistons really are. wow that team sucks.
Pig Miller

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:14 pm

I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby MadMax on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:15 pm

Pig Miller wrote:this 1-4 start just makes me think about how terrible the Pistons really are. wow that team sucks.

and we've only won one more game than them. :man5:
MadMax

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:24 pm

Comically bad .... we never led in this game ... the team doesn't know (and/or doesn't seem interested in ) what to do on both ends off the floor...

Brown is the biggest pb BUT this team is full of washed up players ( Metta , Pau) and has below average depth ( which isn't used correctly) ... our talent should enough to beat average teams ... it ain't happening though ...
wcsoldier81

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:26 pm

The Original 81 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:12 bench points tonight......congrats Mike, your "defense/length" unit is doing superb.

The sad thing is they're garbage defensively too. MB thinks length=defense unfortunately.

Pathetic. I don't even care anymore at this point, how could I when our team is not being put in the best position to win.

CDR got let go, Meeks doesn't play, Jamison is out of position, Delonte is available, Nate Rob/CJ Watson/Barbosa signed for the minimum.....

There is so many options for offense and we have literally turned a blind eye to everyone, for the likes of Morris, MWP at the 2 and the complete opposite of anything that generates points. We will never extend the lead or take the lead with that bench because we only generate a couple points from them and they don't play defense.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby thkthebest on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:28 pm

Pig Miller wrote:this 1-4 start just makes me think about how terrible the Pistons really are. wow that team sucks.

They were starting a guy who was 1/23 after 3 games. Rodney Stuckey only hit 1 shot out of 23 in 3 games. That's how bad they are.

He shot 5/17 last game, and that actually improved his FG%.
My signature
thkthebest

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion