WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby VincentTH on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:20 pm

Did not watch any Lakers game since the middle-of-the-night phone call. Someone wakes me up when the Fire-MDA cry starts.

No, I am not a bandwagoner. Been a Lakers fan since '82, and throughout the bad years after Magic announced retirement in '91. Jimmy must go!!!
VincentTH

 
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:12 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby XXIV on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:28 pm

VincentTH wrote:Did not watch any Lakers game since the middle-of-the-night phone call. Someone wakes me up when the Fire-MDA cry starts.

No, I am not a bandwagoner. Been a Lakers fan since '82, and throughout the bad years after Magic announced retirement in '91. Jimmy must go!!!


MDA will not get fired, so it looks like you won't be watching any Lakers games this season. :man12:
XXIV

 
Posts: 6390
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby Juronimo on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:17 pm

Watching this team play is making me long for the Smush Parker Kwame Brown Brian Cook era.
Image

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
User avatar
Juronimo

 
Posts: 6598
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:20 pm
Location: Fist in the air on a quest for justice

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby Forward Three on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:23 pm

When the Superfriends got together in Miami, one of the many criticisms that they faced was that they'd be too busy partying and goofing off to actually do work. They had a bit of a rocky start, true enough, but at the end of the day, they still play hard and have put together a tremendous team chemistry.

Meanwhile, our pitch to bring together some (aging though they may be) stars along with Dwight who is the consensus best Center in the game things keep going wrong, and there is virtually no consistency game in game out. I have to believe at this point it is a chemistry issue more than anything. The Lakers in 2007-2008 until 2010 or so had great chemistry, they all collectively seemed like they wanted to be playing basketball together. Not entirely sure where it started to fall apart, obviously it's an almost entirely different team today, but the point is, we have a disparate group of journeymen and aged stars supplemented with rookies and scrubs.

The team feels a little alien to me in ways, but I think they also feel alien to each other.

Which, arguably, is one of the cornerstones for why Phil Jackson is the GOAT coach, his coaching style was largely built around getting players to work together and feel good about playing with each other without overtly having to spell it out like that.
Forward Three

 
Posts: 4596
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:17 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby borri on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:00 pm

We had better win tonight's game or hell is gonna break loose on CL and every other Laker board.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8037
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:13 pm

Defense, Rebounding, Shot Selection. Kobe took too many three-pointers; most of our points should come inside the paint as we work inside out if we're in the halfcourt. Too many second chance points, and defensively we've been horrible all season, so what's new in that area?
dwighthowardsdad

 
Posts: 1695
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:31 am

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby Finwë on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:10 pm

Janine Garcia wrote:daaaang.... maybe the world is ending on the 20th :man3:

Very off-topic, but I'm currently in Mexico (playa del carmen) and yesterday I spoke to a mayan descendant (yes, really, there are still "mayans" who still have some of their culture) that was a tour guide in a place with mayan ruins and temples (Tulum) and he said that the Mayans don't actually believe the world will end on the 21th of december 2012. It is the end of their calendar and of a particular era, but it only means the transition towards a new era / stage, the era of illumination or something like that. They will have a new calendar, but nothing else will happen.
The explanation was way longer and more interesting than that but basically not even actual mayans believe the world will end in the 21thl
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:42 pm

Finwë wrote:
Janine Garcia wrote:daaaang.... maybe the world is ending on the 20th :man3:

Very off-topic, but I'm currently in Mexico (playa del carmen) and yesterday I spoke to a mayan descendant (yes, really, there are still "mayans" who still have some of their culture) that was a tour guide in a place with mayan ruins and temples (Tulum) and he said that the Mayans don't actually believe the world will end on the 21th of december 2012. It is the end of their calendar and of a particular era, but it only means the transition towards a new era / stage, the era of illumination or something like that. They will have a new calendar, but nothing else will happen.
The explanation was way longer and more interesting than that but basically not even actual mayans believe the world will end in the 21thl

will it end on the 22rd?
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
User avatar
Scnottaken

 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby GoldHammish on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:56 pm

I miss Joel.... :man5:
User avatar
GoldHammish

 
Posts: 4971
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby Poooky on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:01 pm

GoldHammish wrote:I miss Joel.... :man5:


Ditto.

Seems like a Laker broadcast though. He keeps talking about our team... Understandably so
""I eat babies!!! Woot woot"
User avatar
Poooky

 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:22 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby noobiew on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:24 pm

It has been long time since we won a game, this win was such a huge relief !

Next game will be a statement game for us, gonna demolish the Thunder, go Lakers ! :jam2:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
User avatar
noobiew

 
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:55 am

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:25 pm

10 offensive boards in the first half. 2 in the second half. solid D in the second half...and hope it carries over to okc please!
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4701
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby Weezy on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:26 pm

Only complaints came from the first half, too many offensive rebounds given up, too many open 3's given up.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50881
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:27 pm

Great second half! Feels good to finally get another win. I don't care that the opponent wasn't great, it's a road victory and we needed this one! Good effort, congrats to Kobe for breaking 30,000 points. :bow: :jam2:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15234
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby khmrP on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:30 pm

nice team effort.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby Finwë on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:16 pm

@ OKC on Friday :scurred:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:18 pm

Finwë wrote:@ OKC on Friday :scurred:

I'm pretty sure they lost to the Rockets on purpose just so they'd be able to break the w/l combo they've had going on (which would mean they would have to win vs OKC.)
My wmc: Did that sign the cheerleaders were holding seriously say "Bee-fence?" Hornets aren't even bees.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
User avatar
Scnottaken

 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: 30K points and a "W" (9-10)

Postby Eyedol1933 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:39 am

Scnottaken wrote:...My wmc: Did that sign the cheerleaders were holding seriously say "Bee-fence?" Hornets aren't even bees.


Yes it did.

Also, that annoying Carl's Cam. It focuses way too long on the logo before going to the play it's highlighting...
"That's called body control, that's called ability, that's called KOBE BRYANT."
-Stu Lantz
Image
User avatar
Eyedol1933

 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:15 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:30 am

Poooky wrote:
GoldHammish wrote:I miss Joel.... :man5:


Ditto.

Seems like a Laker broadcast though. He keeps talking about our team... Understandably so


He was so happy when Kobe acknowledged him just before tip-off...

I wish he still would be our play by play announcer
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6428
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: WMC 12/13: 30K points and a "W" (9-10)

Postby LooN3y on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:42 am

Eyedol1933 wrote:
Scnottaken wrote:...My wmc: Did that sign the cheerleaders were holding seriously say "Bee-fence?" Hornets aren't even bees.


Yes it did.

Also, that annoying Carl's Cam. It focuses way too long on the logo before going to the play it's highlighting...




lordy lord, some one make a pic of that :jam2:
User avatar
LooN3y

 
Posts: 879
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: 30K points and a "W" (9-10)

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:53 am

Man our record is so bad lol
User avatar
JoelMyersScrotalSack

 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 am

Re: WMC 12/13: 30K points and a "W" (9-10)

Postby Scnottaken on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:58 am

LooN3y wrote:
Eyedol1933 wrote:
Scnottaken wrote:...My wmc: Did that sign the cheerleaders were holding seriously say "Bee-fence?" Hornets aren't even bees.


Yes it did.

Also, that annoying Carl's Cam. It focuses way too long on the logo before going to the play it's highlighting...




lordy lord, some one make a pic of that :jam2:

It's in CHook's highlight vid, just after the 1 minute mark, I think. I didn't notice that in game, actually.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
User avatar
Scnottaken

 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: 30K points and a "W" (9-10)

Postby LooN3y on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:43 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Man our record is so bad lol





i just look at every game as a loss now, no matter who we play.


look at me now, im jumping in joy since we beat the hornets :man13:
User avatar
LooN3y

 
Posts: 879
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby LooN3y on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:57 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:
Poooky wrote:
GoldHammish wrote:I miss Joel.... :man5:


Ditto.

Seems like a Laker broadcast though. He keeps talking about our team... Understandably so


He was so happy when Kobe acknowledged him just before tip-off...

I wish he still would be our play by play announcer



he has a unique voice, mcdonald or wtvr his name is just flat our annoying
User avatar
LooN3y

 
Posts: 879
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: 30K points and a "W" (9-10)

Postby escobar8 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:04 pm

they hired mda to make this team run...but they dont even run back on D...
i think okc had 28 fastbreak points in first half... :mad1:
User avatar
escobar8

 
Posts: 9767
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:35 am
Location: Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 16 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.