WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby JGC on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:41 pm

khmrP wrote:
JGC wrote:
XXIV wrote:
khmrP wrote:not much of a baseball fan, but this team feels like the Angels, high price team very little win :man6:


Reminds me more like the Eagles.


Yeah that's what I had said earlier. That team was supposed to DOMINATE too.


yea, non fitting pieces and the players they brought together ignored their D and offensive line, sort like us ignoring personnel with coaching selection, so that makes Kobe our Vick who puts up nice stats but we keep losing :man6:


Well, ironically, the Eagles are Kobe's team!

But, you can't compare him to Vick. He's obviously, head and shoulders above Vick. But I've said it before in many other threads that I think we have talent on the roster, maybe just the wrong type of talent together. It's like you have all these articles of clothing that individually are pricy and fashionable but when you put them together you just look a hot mess.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:57 pm

Another example we can't defend the drive and kick teams ... just too slow ...

I think it's time to create a Kobe fan section ... some posters here would defend him even if Kobe killed one of their family members ...
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6428
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby venky on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:00 pm

Well, I hate my family, so I guess I'd defend Kobe. :man12:
Image
venky

 
Posts: 2126
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:53 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:05 pm

Seriously it's terrible for the discussion on this forum ... how can you defend a player who didn't look to do anything but to shoot as soon as the game started .... played absolutely no D ( included some blown coverages which contribute to the loss down the stretch) ...
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6428
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby 432J on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:08 pm

let's just think about it again

greg smith killed the lakers tonight
:man10:
Image
User avatar
432J

 
Posts: 4794
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Sherbrooke, Quebec

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby gcclaker on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:11 pm

Ireland mentioned that they surrendered 21 offensive rebounds which gave Houston a 29-10 advantage in second chance points...
No siggie...
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15201
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby JGC on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:15 pm

gcclaker wrote:Ireland mentioned that they surrendered 21 offensive rebounds which gave Houston a 29-10 advantage in second chance points...


Not to mention, another high turnover game with 18. Here's the crazy part. We outrebounded them, and shot 47% to their 37% and still lost!

FTs were about the same so this next stat makes me sick.

Lakers 82 FGA.
Rockets 101 FGA.

They got almost 20 more shots than we did. Craziness.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby Balance&Options24 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:17 pm

This
Mike Trudell‏@LakersReporter

The Lakers are 1-7 when Kobe scores at least 30 points, & 7-3 when he scores less than 30. They're 5-1 when he has 6+ assists.
and this
Ramona Shelburne‏@ramonashelburne

This is now the SIXTH game the Lakers have lost where the # of missed FTs exceeds the margin of defeat. Hmmmm
Not good.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
User avatar
Balance&Options24

 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:18 pm

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/276208043505618944

This is now the SIXTH game the Lakers have lost where the # of missed FTs exceeds the margin of defeat. Hmmmm
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:19 pm

Balance&Options24 wrote:This
Mike Trudell‏@LakersReporter

The Lakers are 1-7 when Kobe scores at least 30 points, & 7-3 when he scores less than 30. They're 5-1 when he has 6+ assists.
and this
Ramona Shelburne‏@ramonashelburne

This is now the SIXTH game the Lakers have lost where the # of missed FTs exceeds the margin of defeat. Hmmmm
Not good.


same ol same ol. Hes gotta take on the scoring lead if we're trailing big or defense aint doing jack.
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:28 pm

^^^^ Was the defense bad and were we trailing big when the game started at 0-0 ? :man10:
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6428
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:29 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:^^^^ Was the defense bad and were we trailing big when the game started at 0-0 ? :man10:


He helped us get to a 10 point 1st Q lead what is your problem? He has 5 rings doing what hes been doing, maybe you need to consider that
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:32 pm

Not even sure what to say except we certainly are better with Pau than without him, IMO. At least he won't be the scapegoat for a few games upcoming.

Our guys are too old and not good enough shooters collectively to win a high percentage playing D' Antoni ball. They appear to run out of steam in the fourth quarter. I don't find this entirely surprising. They will hopefully get better with Nash and Pau's return. But realistically Pau should stay out until he is 100%. That might mean a number of weeks.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15234
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby JGC on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:36 pm

The Rock wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:^^^^ Was the defense bad and were we trailing big when the game started at 0-0 ? :man10:


He helped us get to a 10 point 1st Q lead what is your problem? He has 5 rings doing what hes been doing, maybe you need to consider that


Oh great. The 5 rings argument. Man, it must be retread night. I've already seen the "Kobe has no talent around him" come back again tonight and now the 5 rings thing. Just because Kobe has 5 rings doesn't mean he plays a great and smart game ALL of the time. It just means he does it a lot of the time. Which he does.

When Kobe had 18 shots at halftime, I knew it was either going to be a closer game than most people would expect, or a loss. I'm not sure we've even won a game when Kobe takes tons of shots like that this season.

EDIT: I was wrong. We've won 1 game and lost 7. My bad.
Last edited by JGC on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby Nashty Gal on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:38 pm

daaaang.... maybe the world is ending on the 20th :man3:
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
User avatar
Nashty Gal

 
Posts: 2412
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:01 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby Balance&Options24 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:45 pm

At least were not going to be the L.A Pelicans.


best basketball news all season.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
User avatar
Balance&Options24

 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby BDG on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:49 pm

We're beating ourselves in many games:

21 offensive rebounds
18 turnovers
64% FT shooting

If you win a game by doing while recording those first two stats, you better thank the Lord.

We win easily if not for turnovers and offensive rebounds.

We actually were winning easily until those three bad habits started catching up with us.

This team is finding different ways to lose right now and that's both scary & rare for a veteran team.
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40955
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby odom1year on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:26 am

Finally having a loss that is not related to Pau. :man10:
odom1year

 
Posts: 3387
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:33 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:30 am

The Rock wrote:Might as well go through this and figure this out now. Either Dwight makes the FTs or he sits down until the 2 min mark. Too much pressure on the D

We gave up too may offensive rebounds and we turned the ball over a lot in 4th.

Same thing like the ORL game we had control of it until the last 5 minutes, we just couldnt finish them off


Rock, why do you think taking Howard out is going to solve all of our problems?? When really in hinsight its just putting a blanket over the problem and not making it really go away? Also, how do you think Howard is going to respond both emotionally and psychologically to that?

Kobe said it best the other night in the Orlando post game press conference: Instead of looking at this negativity look at this as an opportunity and a way to meet the challenge head on instead of welting or withering away from it.
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11704
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:32 am

It is scary that a team with some quality vets can't get it done at the end. The 2004 team would always play down to the competition, but the veteran squad would find a way to win the close games. But that was a game of veteran HOFers. THis team has a veteran of all-star losers, minus Kobe and the ghost of Pau.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

 
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 11:59 pm
Location: Hollywood

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby The Rock on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:34 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:
The Rock wrote:Might as well go through this and figure this out now. Either Dwight makes the FTs or he sits down until the 2 min mark. Too much pressure on the D

We gave up too may offensive rebounds and we turned the ball over a lot in 4th.

Same thing like the ORL game we had control of it until the last 5 minutes, we just couldnt finish them off


Rock, why do you think taking Howard out is going to solve all of our problems?? When really in hinsight its just putting a blanket over the problem and not making it really go away? Also, how do you think Howard is going to respond both emotionally and psychologically to that?

Kobe said it best the other night in the Orlando post game press conference: Instead of looking at this negativity look at this as an opportunity and a way to meet the challenge head on instead of welting or withering away from it.


Ive noticed that teams foul Dwight with about 4 mins remaining in the game...that way they can get enough posessions back to cut down the deficit and not committ too many fouls where they might get an important player out of the game with too much time remaining. This Hack a Dwight thing only happens in a 2 minute window I think, we can survive that without Dwight. Phil used to do the same thing just before the 2 minute mark for like a minute or 2 he'd take Shaq out if hes not hitting his free throws that day.
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:43 am

The Rock wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:
The Rock wrote:Might as well go through this and figure this out now. Either Dwight makes the FTs or he sits down until the 2 min mark. Too much pressure on the D

We gave up too may offensive rebounds and we turned the ball over a lot in 4th.

Same thing like the ORL game we had control of it until the last 5 minutes, we just couldnt finish them off


Rock, why do you think taking Howard out is going to solve all of our problems?? When really in hinsight its just putting a blanket over the problem and not making it really go away? Also, how do you think Howard is going to respond both emotionally and psychologically to that?

Kobe said it best the other night in the Orlando post game press conference: Instead of looking at this negativity look at this as an opportunity and a way to meet the challenge head on instead of welting or withering away from it.


Ive noticed that teams foul Dwight with about 4 mins remaining in the game...that way they can get enough posessions back to cut down the deficit and not committ too many fouls where they might get an important player out of the game with too much time remaining. This Hack a Dwight thing only happens in a 2 minute window I think, we can survive that without Dwight. Phil used to do the same thing just before the 2 minute mark for like a minute or 2 he'd take Shaq out if hes not hitting his free throws that day.


But to be fair Dwight is not as mentally strong as Shaq. Dwight wouldn't handle it the right way I believe it would be worse even if its only 2 minutes.
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11704
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:47 am

BDG wrote:We're beating ourselves in many games:

21 offensive rebounds
18 turnovers
64% FT shooting

If you win a game by doing while recording those first two stats, you better thank the Lord.

We win easily if not for turnovers and offensive rebounds.

We actually were winning easily until those three bad habits started catching up with us.

This team is finding different ways to lose right now and that's both scary & rare for a veteran team.


But you have to think though positively that come March and April, hell or hot water this team will have had to overcome every possible way to lose games. I'm glad we're getting all this crap out earily with our best PG in years only having played 1.5 games and our backup PG being out for the last month and next 2 months moving forward, combined with our PF who is out indefinitely with knee tendinitis in both knees.

:bang: :man10: It both laughable and heart breaking how we're losing game so far this season, but I have to believe that we're close and it can only get better even if I'm one of the few fans that feels this way.

It's sad that it's always easier to be negative about this Lakers team than to be optimistic or better yet I'm Hopeful that thing will turn around at some point.
Last edited by Battle Tested20 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11704
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby The Rock on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:48 am

^ I think we can do a compromise with Dwight. We get him the ball more and get him involved through 3Q (which he already do for the most part anyways), regardless of intentional fouls he gets to stay in the game...but when its late in 4th Q after 2-3 empty posession of Hack a Dwight he needs to come out. IF hes truly serious about winning a championship hes gotta do this. Its not like hes entirely being asked to come away from the court just a small 2-3 mins stretch. We've lost far too many games to continue sticking to what we're doing
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: WMC 12/13: Stolen Victory (8-10)

Postby KB24 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:57 am

This team flat out sucks on defense.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55536
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.