WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: No 0-82? well Ill be darned (1-3)

Postby LakerFan1235 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:30 pm

I can't believe this offense doesn't run any plays for pau in the post. Someone needs to tell Pau that he is the second most offensively gifted player on the Lakers, get his damn confidence going.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:31 pm

Forward Three wrote:Yeah, I miss Goudelock already and he barely even played. But that guy had SCORER in his DNA. And yeah, the defense is easily the biggest issue right now, as well as the rotation. But I'm at the point where, I could at least enjoy these games if the team was actually capable of performing fundamental basketball or hitting open shots. The fact that they are so deficient on that level makes these games some of the most unenjoyable watching experiences I can remember. Which is especially hurtful because my Lakers blood stems largely from their having always been an inspiring team to watch winning or losing.

Agreed 100%
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby JGC on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:32 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:Comically bad .... we never led in this game ... the team doesn't know (and/or doesn't seem interested in ) what to do on both ends off the floor...

Brown is the biggest pb BUT this team is full of washed up players ( Metta , Pau) and has below average depth ( which isn't used correctly) ... our talent should enough to beat average teams ... it ain't happening though ...

Thank you. That's what I'm saying. MB is a problem no doubt. But we all knew MB was a problem. He was a problem last year. We didn't even play this bad last year.
JGC

Postby followwind on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:32 pm

LakerFan1235 wrote:I can't believe this offense doesn't run any plays for pau in the post. Someone needs to tell Pau that he is the second most offensively gifted player on the Lakers, get his damn confidence going.

Pau was 2-9, 5 pts 7 reb 3 ast. By the way, Jordan Hill alone had 7 OFFENSIVE rebounds.
followwind

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:34 pm

LakerFan1235 wrote:I can't believe this offense doesn't run any plays for pau in the post. Someone needs to tell Pau that he is the second most offensively gifted player on the Lakers, get his damn confidence going.

I actually saw Pau catch the ball in the post a bunch of times. Never really did much with it.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby LakerFan1235 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:35 pm

followwind wrote:

Pau was 2-9, 5 pts 7 reb 3 ast. By the way, Jordan Hill alone had 7 OFFENSIVE rebounds.

You missed my point, I am saying Pau needs to have plays actually run for him, in the post. How many jump shots did he miss tonight? I counted at least 4. Get him going in the post and his game will flourish, this guy is an extremely mental player.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
LakerFan1235

Postby LakerFan1235 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:35 pm

Finwë wrote:

I actually saw Pau catch the ball in the post a bunch of times. Never really did much with it.

He needs those same isolation plays that Dwight gets, where the wings dive away from the ball.
LakerFan1235

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:36 pm

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten
Dwight Howard: "We know that everybody expects great things out of us, but greatness takes time."

Sorry but I'm not asking for greatness right now. I'm asking for this team not to be last in the Western Conference.
Finwë

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:37 pm

He got one of those plays tonight and Milsap made him turn it over after stripping him. Personally, it's a waste of time going to him in the post.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby JGC on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:40 pm

Finwë wrote:
Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten
Dwight Howard: "We know that everybody expects great things out of us, but greatness takes time."

Sorry but I'm not asking for greatness right now. I'm asking for this team not to be last in the Western Conference.

Yeah that's the biggest head scratcher. New players/team, ok I don't expect to be juggernauts out the gate. Mike Brown, questionable head coach, ok, but we have plenty of talent we should be ok.

A lot of these coaches on our staff have been coaches on other teams before. Why not this team? It doesn't make sense. There must be something else going on here.
JGC

Postby The Rock on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:41 pm

Pau looked disengaged the whole game. He missed his first 3 jumpshots and he pretty much called it a night

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:41 pm

LakerFan1235 wrote:
Finwë wrote:

He needs those same isolation plays that Dwight gets, where the wings dive away from the ball.

Again, IMO he was getting some of those opportunities.. And if they aren't enough, maybe it's his fault for not being more assertive and trying to get position. Also, many times he gets the ball in the post just to see him face up and shoot a little jumper over the D, which isn't consistent. He keeps saying he needs more touches down low, but I don't believe him. If he wanted to get the ball in the post, he would post up, agressively, and then attack with strength.
Tonight was just a pathetic showing by him, and I want him traded.
Finwë

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:51 pm

Team is not going to get magically better by default ... you need to put the work and effort in ...

I hate the Kobe and D12 comments like it's no big deal to lose against average teams , it's a process blah blah blah garbage ... guess what ? There have been no progress so far
wcsoldier81

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:52 pm

My main WMC is Pau Gasol. Just 5 points tonight. He's the 3rd option and that is pathetic performance right there. He looked really passive an tentative tonight. Not gonna overreact and say we should trade him because it's really been his own only poor offensive performance, but this can't keep up. Right now Kobe and Howard aren't getting enough offensive support. That needs to change soon. Can't just rely on two guys to win games.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby JGC on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:55 pm

Finwë wrote:
LakerFan1235 wrote:
Finwë wrote:

Again, IMO he was getting some of those opportunities.. And if they aren't enough, maybe it's his fault for not being more assertive and trying to get position. Also, many times he gets the ball in the post just to see him face up and shoot a little jumper over the D, which isn't consistent. He keeps saying he needs more touches down low, but I don't believe him. If he wanted to get the ball in the post, he would post up, agressively, and then attack with strength.

Well, maybe we can just blame his pathetic showing on Mike Brown!
JGC

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:02 pm

Dwain Price ‏@DwainPrice
The #Mavs are 4-1 for the 1st time since the '07-'08 season. It's also the 1st time since '07-'08 that the Mavs started 3-0 at home.
Retweeted by Roland Lazenby
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

What's Dallas' excuse? They have more new bodies then we do....

Kaman/Brand/Collison/Mayo/Jones/Crowder/Cunningham.......lost Dirk and Delonte
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Original 81 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:05 pm

Man Rick Carlisle sure can coach.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:08 pm

JGC wrote:
Finwë wrote:
LakerFan1235 wrote:
Finwë wrote:

That's why I said 90% of the team's problems are directly or indirectly caused by Brown's coaching. I DID post "trade Pau" in a bunch of different threads. He needs to go. He was sucking under Phil too (remember Phil shoving him and bumping him against the Mavs? I do. He was that soft, Phil Jackson was shoving him to make him play harder.).

I'd rather you refrained from this type of answers to my posts. You know (or should know) that that wasn't what I meant, and you must've seen some of the many posts I've written criticizing Pau. So please, don't try to twist my points.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:09 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Dwain Price ‏@DwainPrice
The #Mavs are 4-1 for the 1st time since the '07-'08 season. It's also the 1st time since '07-'08 that the Mavs started 3-0 at home.
Retweeted by Roland Lazenby
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

What's Dallas' excuse? They have more new bodies then we do....

Kaman/Brand/Collison/Mayo/Jones/Crowder/Cunningham.......lost Dirk and Delonte

Good coaching.
Finwë

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:12 pm

Finwë wrote:
LakerFan1235 wrote:
Finwë wrote:

This. The guy is done. You guys need to stop living in the past. He got AT LEAST 3 plays in the low post, and got shut down everytime. He isn't as good offensively, he just isn't. Doesn't make his mid range jumpers consistently, doesn't do well in the post anymore, and has been horrible on defense for the past few years now. No matter how you slice it, he just isn't worth 19million. He needs to be traded for a less talented pf, and depth...
King of Clutch

Postby basilhayden on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:14 pm

The updates to this thread title are the most unoriginal I have ever seen.
At least put some humor into them...
basilhayden

Postby thkthebest on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:15 pm

Remember how much coaching matters.

Last season:
Spurs and Bulls had the best record in the NBA, and many people would say that they don't have the best talent. Even if they did...

Ginobili didn't play like half the season. Duncan missed out on 8 games. Tony Parker missed 6. They went 20-2 after they traded for Diaw and Jackson. In other words, Popovich had to instill two new players into the lineup midseason and still went 20-2. We'd be making excuses for Brown and claiming how he needs 2 years just to instill 2 players into the lineup.

For the Bulls, Rose kept coming in and out of the lineups because of his injuries. Deng missed about a dozen games. Deng actually had a torn ligament in his wrist and still played the entire season.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby khmrP on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:18 pm

Pau done with excuses, I was a big fan but he's gota go too.
khmrP

Postby JGC on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:21 pm

Finwë wrote:
JGC wrote:
Finwë wrote:
LakerFan1235 wrote:
Finwë wrote:I actually saw Pau catch the ball in the post a bunch of times. Never really did much with it.

That's why I said 90% of the team's problems are directly or indirectly caused by Brown's coaching. I DID post "trade Pau" in a bunch of different threads. He needs to go. He was sucking under Phil too (remember Phil shoving him and bumping him against the Mavs? I do. He was that soft, Phil Jackson was shoving him to make him play harder.).

I'd rather you refrained from this type of answers to my posts. You know (or should know) that that wasn't what I meant, and you must've seen some of the many posts I've written criticizing Pau. So please, don't try to twist my points.

Wasn't trying to twist your post at all. I understand where your concerns come from. But I don't think Pau's softness is the problem. He's always been soft.

I think people are trying to oversimplify the problem as being "Mike Brown" or "Pau" or in some dumb cases "Kobe" like we have seen in some other threads. It's a combination of all of these factors.

The players WANT to win. And on talent alone, they should be able to stay in games trying to do the system thing and then go and impose their talent and will and win the games in the end. But even the starters are getting waxed.

It's possible this is just not the right combination of players. Not enough shooters. Not enough athleticism (still). We're just old and slow looking. And it's been like that since Phil too.
JGC

Postby DHL on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:45 pm

Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion