WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: 25 Kobe shots? Share the ball dude (15-18)

Postby trodgers on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:22 pm

I didn't write the title, but it is a WMC thread, and that is a sarcastic take on a common WMC from a certain group of people. But if it's bothering people, we'll get it changed.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby BicepKiss on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:24 pm

The problem is still defense though. Need to change up the roster and get something done to help the D. Some consistent three ball shooters would be nice too. Strange game again, but that defense is just wow.
Ron Artest: "Mark Cuban just invented nipple enhancement juice"
BicepKiss

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:25 pm

jbiggs wrote:i thought he was being sarcastic with the thread titles? maybe not...

It is sarcastic. When others said it was more than just "shots" the board was overrun with "Kobe's fault we suck" threads, post, responses. It didn't matter if all the other players went 0-92 and Kobe went 25-35 it was "Kobe's fault". The WMC has pages and pages of "how stupid Kobe plays" and how "Kobe is hurting the team". Hell we even had some "trade him" post too.

Kobe has played his best basketball all year. He is the least of our worries. Yet, all we here is "Kobe, Kobe, Kobe"... Soo simply put it got annoying and thusly the titles reflect what will be in the thread more than anything else.

Funny enough, the one's who complain about the thread titles are usually the ones who are posting the things that represent the title.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Finwë on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:26 pm

@mcten: Mike D'Antoni: "The hole's not too big. Mathematically we can still make the playoffs."

Wow.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:27 pm

BicepKiss wrote:The problem is still defense though. Need to change up the roster and get something done to help the D. Some consistent three ball shooters would be nice too. Strange game again, but that defense is just wow.

Team is old as Moses and isn't playing with passion. A lot of D is hustle and energy. Dunno maybe this team just isn't right for each other.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby Weezy on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:27 pm

Team is pathetic as far as effort goes, coach is a moron, that's all, we're not winning jack with as we are now.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:28 pm

Finwë wrote:
@mcten: Mike D'Antoni: "The hole's not too big. Mathematically we can still make the playoffs."

Wow.

I hope D'Antoni is a math genius.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby khmrP on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:28 pm

KBJelleyBean24 wrote:
BicepKiss wrote:The problem is still defense though. Need to change up the roster and get something done to help the D. Some consistent three ball shooters would be nice too. Strange game again, but that defense is just wow.

Team is old as Moses and isn't playing with passion. A lot of D is hustle and energy. Dunno maybe this team just isn't right for each other.

this team does not fit, no matter who's coaching.
khmrP

Postby trodgers on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:29 pm

revgen wrote:
Finwë wrote:

Wow.

I hope D'Antoni is a math genius.

Where's the accountability with this a** clown?
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Re: WMC 12/13: OK, so who do we blame now? (15-18)

Postby OCLakersFan247 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:32 pm

i have a feeling the Lakers FO is regretting this coaching hire
"expose foes with hocus pocus flows, they froze, now suckas idealize my chosen blows"-2pac

"Check the Franck Mueller...the color of the Lakers"-Clipse
OCLakersFan247

Postby BicepKiss on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:32 pm

KBJelleyBean24 wrote:

Yah thats seems about right. Well then its magic wand time. seriously its hustle that ales us. They do it on the offensive end but when it comes to defense. Yuck. A Pick up game team could score on us with ease.
Ron Artest: "Mark Cuban just invented nipple enhancement juice"
BicepKiss

Postby Pig Miller on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:33 pm

we're in real jeopardy of being 6 games under .500 in just a handful of days.

wow, just ridiculous.
Pig Miller

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:34 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Funny enough, the one's who complain about the thread titles are usually the ones who are posting the things that represent the title.

i am complaining about the title, and i wasn't one of the people caught up in the recent kobe lambasting. just saying.

here's how i see it. say the kobe detractors are right, does it really matter? the team is losing. now say you're right, kobe is not the problem and the criticism he's receiving is unfair. the team is still losing.

we're 15-18. when the team is performing this badly, my personal opinion is that nobody on the team is exempt from a critical eye. does this mean that i agree with what the extremists have been saying about kobe lately? hell no, i don't. i just find the constant antagonizing that you try to do a bit tiring. i don't understand why you are trying to create more conflict in an atmosphere that ALREADY sucks for lakers fans.
Last edited by lakersyunowin on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:34 pm

This roster doesn't fit. There is no floor balance. The paint was so clogged up tonight; Pau can't hit threes consistently enough to draw the defense out so Dwight could operate. Jordan Hill has the same problem. Unfortunately, most of our combinations involve Hill/Pau or Hill/Howard, so you don't get the spacing you need. It gets magnified when Metta, Kobe & Meeks are not shooting well from there. There is too much congestion. We need more floor balance.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby dj vitus on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:35 pm

The UNLV Rebels can probably beat us.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Punk-101 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:35 pm

I take back a little of what i criticized Mike brown for. This team has some serious issues that go beyond the coach, beyond personnel, and beyond system/x's&o's. There's major drama in the locker room. Wait for it to surface...
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby dj vitus on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:35 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:This roster doesn't fit. There is no floor balance. The paint was so clogged up tonight; Pau can't hit threes consistently enough to draw the defense out so Dwight could operate. Jordan Hill has the same problem. Unfortunately, most of our combinations involve Hill/Pau or Hill/Howard, so you don't get the spacing you need. It gets magnified when Metta, Kobe & Meeks are not shooting well from there. There is too much congestion. We need more floor balance.

To be fair, I thought there was a lot of illegal defense on Denver's part. Refs just never thought to call it.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby abeer3 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:36 pm

Pig Miller wrote:
can't disagree.

but to me, it's the remaining 46 minutes of the game that's the issue, leading to double digit deficits.

can't remember many games this season where we've been in any type of control of our opponent. everything is an uphill battle right now.

yeah, i was sitting there in third thinking "how many times this year have the lakers been up comfortably in the second half?". and when kobe hit the three that cut it to three with 30 seconds to go, i was thinking that must be the third or fourth time this year he's hit a big three inside of a minute to go that just cut into a lead rather than took it.

i really can't believe what i'm watching. the weirdest thing is that i think had mike brown just handed the offense to nash instead of...whatever he was doing...he'd still have a job and the lakers might not be in such a hole.

as for nash being blamed for the opposing pg going off...i don't know. it's hard to contain pgs in the league now, given the rules. it has to be a team effort, and this is not five guys on a string defensively. they barely make one rotation as a unit, much less cover the second penetration on these drive and kick teams.

on that note, get ready for an epic whipping at houston this week. drive and kick followed by drive and kick. a good defensive team can shut that stuff down. this isn't that team.
abeer3

Postby charvin on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:36 pm

To D'Antoni - Any team can still mathematically make the playoffs, genius.

Finwë wrote:

Wow.
charvin

Postby Chillbongo on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:38 pm

Punk-101 wrote:I take back a little of what i criticized Mike brown for. This team has some serious issues that go beyond the coach, beyond personnel, and beyond system/x's&o's. There's major drama in the locker room. Wait for it to surface...

What is this Drama? Do you mean contempt b/w players? Or lack of unity and vision, being on the same page. knowing roles, etc.

Pau vs MDA?

Jamison vs MDA?

Pau vs Dwight?

Kobe Dwight?

Steve.....does he have beef with anyone?
Chillbongo

Postby Weezy on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:39 pm

OCLakersFan247 wrote:i have a feeling the Lakers FO is regretting this coaching hire

I don't, too much pride with Jim and Jerry, otherwise Phil would have been hired. If they cared about wins ahead of pride the 'Antoni hire would have never happened. Now 'Antoni cannot be fired, too much money to swallow, too big of a beating they'd take in the media, too late to crawl back to Phil. Phil is a manager of stars, a teacher of men, 'Antoni is a buddy buddy guy who wants to run, the Lakers are getting what they asked for.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby noobiew on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:40 pm

It's very possible that we would miss the playoffs at this point, I don't see any improvements for us at all, what a travesty season.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:40 pm

Weezy wrote:
OCLakersFan247 wrote:i have a feeling the Lakers FO is regretting this coaching hire

I don't, too much pride with Jim and Jerry, otherwise Phil would have been hired. If they cared about wins ahead of pride the 'Antoni hire would have never happened. Now 'Antoni cannot be fired, too much money to swallow, too big of a beating they'd take in the media, too late to crawl back to Phil. Phil is a manager of stars, a teacher of men, 'Antoni is a buddy buddy guy who wants to run, the Lakers are getting what they asked for.

i'm sad. not even joking.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby dmaul on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:40 pm

Punk-101 wrote:I take back a little of what i criticized Mike brown for. This team has some serious issues that go beyond the coach, beyond personnel, and beyond system/x's&o's. There's major drama in the locker room. Wait for it to surface...

I don't think there's drama. This team is just old and slow and the pieces don't fit and no coach we've had (except Bickerstaff) seems to know how to use these guys. It's easy to become discouraged and lose heart when you're this disorganized and don't know what to do on both sides of the floor.
dmaul

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:41 pm

True. We're screwed. Dwight probably will bolt after this.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion