WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: So much ugly (17-23)

Postby borri on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:29 pm

kenzo wrote:BLOW IT UP. Clark, Hill and D12 should be the only ones safe.

Fixed. Can't blow it up without getting rid of Kobe's HUGE salary. Second, blowing it up = getting young. Why the hell would we want to get rid of D12?
borri

Postby karacha on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:29 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:were the first team to score 100+ against the raptors and lose. they were previously 0-20 when a team scores 100+ on them.

That's what happens when you play no defense at all.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:29 pm

I'm done with this team ... [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] them , why should we keep caring and rooting for them when they obviously don't care ?
wcsoldier81

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:29 pm

lol james worthy just called them an elementary school team
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Pig Miller on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:30 pm

what's the line on big game james stabbing someone due to his frustration with this team?
Pig Miller

Postby karacha on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:30 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:lol james worthy just called them an elementary school team

He's right. They are a lazy elementary school team.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby borri on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:31 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:lol james worthy just called them an elementary school team

Not harsh enough. Big Game is on the right track though.
borri

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:31 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby lakers_09tv on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:31 pm

Its time to stop to blaming the coach. The roster is just garbage. Jesus Christ himself couldn't save this team.

I put this whole mess on Mitch and Jim Buss for passing on West, Barbosa and even Martin.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby Alleyhoops on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:31 pm

Really, I don't know how we rebuild without going through some horrible seasons. If Brooklyn's offer of Lopez, Humphries and four first round picks is on the table for Dwight, you have to seriously consider making that move. Make those picks unprotected and I probably do that deal yesterday.
Alleyhoops

Postby lakers_09tv on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:33 pm

karacha wrote:Fortunately, we're going to blow it up soon. Re-sign Dwight, Clark (because he's probably going to be cheap), get rid of Pau's contract, Kobe/Nash will retire. You know that day is coming soon and -- aside from the sadness I am going to feel after Kobe the Legend retires -- I can't wait. Get a young, speedy PG, a SF or PF star to complement Dwight and we should be back where we belong.

This team is hard to watch. No passion, no energy, no defense.

Why would Dwight re-sign? I see him going to Houston to play with Harden.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:34 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:Its time to stop to blaming the coach. The roster is just garbage. Jesus Christ himself couldn't save this team.

I put this whole mess on Mitch and Jim Buss for passing on West, Barbosa and even Martin.

I always had skepticism about this roster, it wasn't very good going into the season but I thought our "big 4" would be enough talent to win anyway. The truth is that it's just a horribly put together roster that has zero chemistry. We're old and have no depth, two of the worst combinations you could ask for. Why are we so surprised by this?
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby ThizGuy83 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:34 pm

done with this team... officially done with this piece of crap team... all that talent and no care in the world... so if they dont care... i dont care... f*** this team... see u guys in nba discussions and other discussion forums
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby Chillbongo on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:35 pm

borri wrote:
kenzo wrote:Fixed. Can't blow it up without getting rid of Kobe's HUGE salary. Second, blowing it up = getting young. Why the hell would we want to get rid of D12?

While I agree that we NEED to go young, Dwight has proved he is incapable of being a leader, a man, reliable, and he gets SHUT down.

No post moves, WHINES like a b**** and is consistently inconsistent.

He does not deserve to be the Lakers franchise player. Yeah, I said. I don't care "what he's done" or what his numbers say. Not a first option. Not the Lakers franchise player.
Chillbongo

Postby cthroatgtr on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:37 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:Its time to stop to blaming the coach. The roster is just garbage. Jesus Christ himself couldn't save this team.

They don't have a clue on offense or defense. This isn't just standing around with the ball with Kobe they did it with Nash today too. It was like Nash at the top and 4 guys standing around the 3pt line. D'antoni is now 77-88 with the Lakers & Knicks. Why does he have a job. Bernie doing nothing but rolling the ball out and substituting did a better job. This is the worst coaching job I have EVER seen on the Lakers sideline.

Team strength is size & strength; weakness is team speed & outside shooting; So let's build a game plan around speeding up the game and shooting 3pt attempts. What did Buss think was going to happen. Team is loaded with streak shooters...you just can't do that. And we know D'antoni can't teach defense.

Lakers playing like the Knicks did laster year. NY had a surge with Linsanity otherwise it was the same. This isn't a fluke its a trend. D'antoni can't coach.
cthroatgtr

Postby borri on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:38 pm

Chillbongo wrote:
borri wrote:
kenzo wrote:Fixed. Can't blow it up without getting rid of Kobe's HUGE salary. Second, blowing it up = getting young. Why the hell would we want to get rid of D12?

While I agree that we NEED to go young, Dwight has proved he is incapable of being a leader, a man, reliable, and he gets SHUT down.

No post moves, WINES like a b**** and is consistently inconsistent.

He does not deserve to be the Lakers franchise player. Yeah, I said. I don't care "what he's done" or what his numbers say. Not a first option. Not the Lakers franchise player.

1. We run the wrong system to optimize D12. Even Shaq would suffer from this system.
2. Don't forget, ORL got to the finals with D12. And had deep runs into the playoffs. Remember he had to get past those Celtics before they got old like us.
3. Centers of D12's caliber are extremely hard to come by. If you have one, you KEEP him.
borri

Postby cthroatgtr on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:39 pm

WMC - Officiating, 10am game and coaching....
cthroatgtr

Postby kenzo on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:39 pm

borri wrote:

Fixed. Can't blow it up without getting rid of Kobe's HUGE salary. Second, blowing it up = getting young. Why the hell would we want to get rid of D12?

Because i think Dwight will bolt after this season.
kenzo

Postby borri on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:42 pm

kenzo wrote:
borri wrote:

Because i think Dwight will bolt after this season.

Maybe so. Maybe so. Sadly....maybe so. :bang:
borri

Postby Chillbongo on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:42 pm

borri wrote:
Chillbongo wrote:
borri wrote:

No post moves, WINES like a b**** and is consistently inconsistent.

1. We run the wrong system to optimize D12. Even Shaq would suffer from this system.
2. Don't forget, ORL got to the finals with D12. And had deep runs into the playoffs. Remember he had to get past those Celtics before they got old like us.
3. Centers of D12's caliber are extremely hard to come by. If you have one, you KEEP him.

1. Yeah, we do run the wrong system. But that doesn't change the fact that he has no real post moves that he can put to use. Also it doesn't change that he has terrible hands and gets stripped in the paint. Doesn't change his FT shooting & doesn't change that when teams swarm, he is ineffective.

2. That ORL team had HUGE help from Lewis, Nelson, Trukoglu and others carrying the offensive load. Again, Dwight is not a 1st option (offense).

3. Yes, true, but the center position is being phased out in this league. Look at the past 2 champions--MIA DAL. OKC has Perk, but he fills his defensive role and gets hustle points. Dwight does too, but $20M is too expensive for that.
Chillbongo

Postby escobar8 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:44 pm

i am sick of this team playing like ish...they start playing horiblle and they continue that way until last 6-7min...and then they starting hiting 3s and playing D and eventualy lose...except GS we didnt have any come back...he allways dig ourself at start a big hole...this team just dont have youth,fresh blood that can run and D...and many of them dont have heart or pride...
escobar8

Postby karacha on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:46 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:Why would Dwight re-sign? I see him going to Houston to play with Harden.

Because he can have a team built around him, in California, where he can get the most money.

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby borri on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:47 pm

Chill--

1. He didn't have real post moves but was still damn effective for ORL.
2. Yes he had help but he WAS the 1st option. The ball went inside FIRST. Then kicks out to shooters.
3. Wrong system and wrong personnel. ORL had shooters at the 1-4. We have Nash. That's it.
4. Centers are phased out because they are rare. OKC, DAL, MIA would give their left and right legs to get D12. Simple as that.
borri

Postby karacha on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:48 pm

Get Dwight some hard working young guys with a PG who can score and penetrate and an athletic wing who is a star and see what happens.

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Pig Miller on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:49 pm

1. i don't believe this team isn't trying hard or doesn't care

which leads me to believe, this team doesn't have the right horses for the race. we have no foot speed, so we don't get easy buckets, we don't rotate as well. you can get by with a few guys that are slower, but we have a ton of slow guys. nash, jamison, artest, gasol, and they all play significant minutes.

i think if we get some speed in at the 3, that will help a ton.
Pig Miller

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion