WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: Kobe's not an MVP? Yea Right (32-31)

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:41 am

Guys I just got back from the game and let me say this....Kobe Bryant is a bad bad man...I really don't know where we would be without him....but Nash also hit some HUGE shots, and Dwight was a monster defensively in the clutch. When it comes down to it, this team may struggle for 3 quarters...but they know how to clamp down when it matters. They made the stops and they made the right plays. We were down 3 in OT, and we drew up a play for Nash off a screen and roll and he drilled a 3 with confidence. I was happy to see that because I think Kobe had the ball almost every other possession and we were becoming predictable...i think we caught them by surprise on that play and that ultimately made the difference.

I was SUPER frustrated pretty much through out the game, but somehow, some way, I knew this team would find a way to win it....and boy i never thought it would be in OT and in the way we did....

At the end of the day....do I LOVE the way we're playing? No, absolutely not. But we're pulling out of games and still winning...and right now, we NEED every win we can get....I just don't understand how this team gets down so easily against almost ANY team. Like others have said...we'll get blown out by a good team if we play like this. And btw i just wanna say how much I hate MWP and how many times he got wide open looks tonight and missed...same with Meeks...and Jamison...pretty much EVERYONE got wide open looks and missed their shots. I can't tell you how frustrating that is to watch in person.

All in all...the ENERGY in STAPLES was comparable to a playoff game....I was shocked at how many ppl were STANDING at the game (not sitting down..STANDING for whole possessions). I am impressed by how the Lakers fans are still comign out to games and still supporting the team. Overall, I have a very good feeling about this team...they're struggling still but they're finding ways to WIN games, and this was a problem earlier in the year where we seemingly found ways to LOSE games or give games away....
FabFourLakers

Postby denimPortugal on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:57 am

I'm happy with another Win! And we're so close to the 8th seed. :bow:
Epic win, amazing performance by Kobe in crunch time...but c'mon,the defense is ZERO! We've to win comfortably this games @ home against weak teams!! :bang:
denimPortugal

Postby KB24 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:09 am

So back to back games against 2 easy lottery teams. And it takes a few miracles and 2 Kobe vintage performances to come out on top...

I'm not sure I feel good about it. There is zero reason why the Raptors should have a shot in LA to win the game.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:12 am

We have to stop these bad quarters we are having where we give up 30+ points. We always have one bad quarter that kills us for whatever reason.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby JGC on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:09 am

KB24 wrote:So back to back games against 2 easy lottery teams. And it takes a few miracles and 2 Kobe vintage performances to come out on top...

I'm not sure I feel good about it. There is zero reason why the Raptors should have a shot in LA to win the game.

Agreed. The only good thing thing that came out of this game for me was Kobe looking 10 years younger, but also, some key late contributions from other players like Howard and Nash. (Meeks too, but we don't need him to have late contributions as much as those guys).
JGC

Postby Lakeshow24 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:47 am

I'm begging for Pau Gasol to hurry up and come back. This can't last, Kobe playing like he's still 26, bailing the team out.

Poor Dwight Howard. He really doesn't look like a dominant player anymore. He's getting all his shots blocked and heavily contested and clearly, good defense bothers him...
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby kobebryant248 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:52 am

hey to some of you fans . yeah lakers didn t play well most of the time the last 2 games espicially to start both games but at least now lakers finding ways to win such games. earlier this year both games would ve been losses. so why don t you stop complaining and take the wins and move on.so i am sick and tired of all the complaints. we won and that is all what matters in the end oh and this goes out to lakeshow 24, d12 played good most of the time tonight he was key on the defensive end in the 4th quarter and ot . so please stop complaining over dwight in the last couple of games he looks really much better and improved.
kobebryant248

Postby kobebryant248 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:54 am

kobe is my mvp don t care what anybody else says but what kobe did this season is just unreal :jam2:
kobebryant248

Postby Weezy on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:21 am

kobebryant248 wrote:hey to some of you fans . yeah lakers didn t play well most of the time the last 2 games espicially to start both games but at least now lakers finding ways to win such games. earlier this year both games would ve been losses. so why don t you stop complaining and take the wins and move on.so i am sick and tired of all the complaints. we won and that is all what matters in the end oh and this goes out to lakeshow 24, d12 played good most of the time tonight he was key on the defensive end in the 4th quarter and ot . so please stop complaining over dwight in the last couple of games he looks really much better and improved.

The title of this thread is the WMC thread, that stands for "Whine, Moan, COMPLAIN ". This thread is designed specifically to vent anything we want to complain about. From the game we just saw, to the team's issues in general, it is here for complaints. Your post about being tired of complaints in this thread is beyond ridiculous. If you don't like the complaints, don't read them, it really is that simple.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Juronimo on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:09 am

KB24 wrote:So back to back games against 2 easy lottery teams. And it takes a few miracles and 2 Kobe vintage performances to come out on top...

This times a hundred. We're still a bad team. If we were a contender teams like these wouldn't be giving us so much trouble.
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby khmrP on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:17 am

feels good how they came back and but not so much that they had to come back to begin with
khmrP

Postby gcclaker on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:22 am

There seems to be a reversal going on... Before they would start out well, build leads then hang on to win. Now it's the opposite. :man3: I was annoyed checking the scoreboard last night. Down 12...I had a bad feeling about the game.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby borri on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:01 pm

Summary of my reactions to watching Laker games all season long (applies to wins and losses):

Start of the game...WTF man!!!!
Middle of the game....WTF...seriously?
End of the game....WTF...did that really happen?
borri

Postby Center Court on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:04 pm

Juronimo wrote:

This times a hundred. We're still a bad team. If we were a contender teams like these wouldn't be giving us so much trouble.

we're not a bad team... right now we are a bit better than average. Problem is that we have serious holes in defensive talent. Except for Dwight and fresh/clutch Kobe, nobody is a good defender. Clark is maybe the exception but gets stuck on Durant/Dirk/Griffin/LeBron etc.

Meeks is too small. Metta is too unathletic. Jamison is too slow. Nash is way too slow. Blake just feels uncoordinated.

Every team either has a strong defensive identity or young/athletic enough players to stay in front of their men... we have neither and it shows.

All that said, Kobe is unreal. I've never seem someone make something seem so easy while doing it the hardest way possible.
Center Court

Postby gcclaker on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:11 pm

borri wrote:Summary of my reactions to watching Laker games all season long (applies to wins and losses):

This season has been one big WTF? to sum it up...
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Murdock on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:44 pm

Lakeshow24 wrote:I'm begging for Pau Gasol to hurry up and come back. This can't last, Kobe playing like he's still 26, bailing the team out.

Poor Dwight Howard. He really doesn't look like a dominant player anymore. He's getting all his shots blocked and heavily contested and clearly, good defense bothers him...

That's what happens when you don't have a good post game to fall back on ... I am watching him and has one of the worst post games in NBA today ... I mean even Sacre has more fluid moves
Murdock

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:01 pm

I was just as annoyed as everyone else about this game. We still aren't talking enough on defense and we are still going on shooting slumps. However, where I differ from everyone is that I am not pissed off we had to make some big shots to beat the Raps. The top teams have had trouble with bad teams. I am not saying we are a "top" team at the moment but we are playing better and playing like one more and more with each game. In the end, we are finding ways to win games that earlier in the season we were finding ways to lose. I'll take the 2 steps forward.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby borri on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:52 pm

gcclaker wrote:
borri wrote:Summary of my reactions to watching Laker games all season long (applies to wins and losses):

This season has been one big WTF? to sum it up...

Yup. Indeed.
borri

Postby laker911 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:56 pm

If we just make the playoffs. I really want to believe we can turn the corner in the playoffs.
laker911

Postby The Rock on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:41 pm

We really need big games from Nash, MWP and Clark they're gonna be left open with 2-3 guys hanging on Kobe and Dwight. Thibs is gonna make someone else beat them. Role players need to step up. Dwight vs Noah should be a great matchup, great test

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:03 am

We haven't beaten the Bulls since NOV 2010 I hate losing to this team, must win game today!!!!

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby RushDelivery on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:12 am

My complaint: Utah won the season series so the Lakers are still technically a game behind them. Every game remains extremely important, but if the Lakers play against the Bulls today the same way they played in their last two games, then I don't think the outcome will be a win.

The Lakers need to start strong and play a full 48 min. No slacking off, no getting into a huge hole early on, just play hard and please play a little defense.

Also, Kobe has been playing out of mind lately :jam2:
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." - Frederic Bastiat
RushDelivery

Postby The Rock on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:19 am

No Rip Hamilton and Hinrich today, gotta take advantage

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby denimPortugal on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:33 am

The Rock wrote:We haven't beaten the Bulls since NOV 2010 I hate losing to this team, must win game today!!!!

:bang:
denimPortugal

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:54 am

The Rock wrote:No Rip Hamilton and Hinrich today, gotta take advantage

We really need to give this game our all. We need this win badly. No Hinrich is good because he did a great job on Nash last time we played them. Got to get past Utah and make up some ground on Hou and GS before we have to go back on the road. Have to win these home games even against a tough playoff team like Da Bulls.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion