WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: Finally in playoff spot (33-31)

Postby odom1year on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:08 am

Kobe's not an MVP? Yea Right (32-31)

Interesting title. The right answer behinds the question.
odom1year

Postby abeer3 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:31 am

wmc: clark and mwp have officially lost their perimeter shots, and that doesn't bode well for the team's offense. leads to hyper kobe ball.
abeer3

Postby therealdeal on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:16 am

abeer3 wrote:wmc: clark and mwp have officially lost their perimeter shots, and that doesn't bode well for the team's offense. leads to hyper kobe ball.

But Dwight is seemingly finding his, so that's a plus.

We get this from Metta every now and then. He's already streaky, but sometimes he's arctic cold. Earl is just tired I think. He's never had to play like this before and now he's not only our starting PF, but our backup C as well? That's hard to do.

If we can get Pau back any time soon Earl will start to come alive again.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:19 am

I think this team's weaknesses can be covered up as long as we have a balanced offense that is set up to get back in transition.

The Bulls aren't a fast break team and that helped us set the tone defensively. Dwight was a BEAST

Against the Clippers, it's a different story. And that's why we cannot see them in the playoffs. I believe that's the one team we have no chance of beating :mad1:
Chillbongo

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:52 am

odom1year wrote:Kobe's not an MVP? Yea Right (32-31)

um can you translate what you are saying?
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:36 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:

^ Although I struggled for minutes, I took it to mean "the answer is in the question".

As in, remove the "?" and there is the answer. But are you surprised? :bang:
Chillbongo

Postby S.R.05 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:45 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:

if you put it through google translate it says "trolololol" with this picture

Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby borri on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:35 pm

odom1year ---- let's get real here. All of us here on CL know you hate Kobe. I just want to know why? Please elaborate. I am oh so curious.
borri

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:52 pm

Chillbongo wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

^ Although I struggled for minutes, I took it to mean "the answer is in the question".

Hmm you may have a point. I can see where one who knows nothing to little about the game would say that Kobe is "not" an MVP but I was positive that the majority of Lakers fans were knowledgable. No, Chillbongo I refuse to believe someone who apparently watches the Lakers would ever say or think such a thing. That would be like someone coming out with insider information that Lebron is going to sport the Andrew Bynum Afro next year. Crazy Talk!
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:53 pm

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

if you put it through google translate it says "trolololol" with this picture

:man10:
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby dj vitus on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:05 pm

I'm thankful for a bit of luck we've had with Utah losing close games and us winning close games.

But hey, I guess you can also say that great teams seem to have luck follow them around. So, let's keep this rolling. :jam2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby The Rock on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:26 pm

Must win game tomorrow vs Orlando, they do have a bunch of no-names who are playing well right now : Andrew Nicholson, Tobias Harris, Mo Harkless. Kobe vs Afflalo should be a good matchup. We need a big game from Dwight and the bench

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby BDG on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:34 pm

dj vitus wrote:I'm thankful for a bit of luck we've had with Utah losing close games and us winning close games.

But hey, I guess you can also say that great teams seem to have luck follow them around. So, let's keep this rolling. :jam2:
I'd say that has more to do with Utah having no closer and us having that guy Kobe Bean Bryant. :man1:

#CloseGames #CountOnKobe
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby NewDynasty on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:11 pm

#vino :jam2:
NewDynasty

Postby odom1year on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:54 pm

borri wrote:odom1year ---- let's get real here. All of us here on CL know you hate Kobe. I just want to know why? Please elaborate. I am oh so curious.

I don't hate Kobe. Kobe did fantastic job in recent games. It's really amazing and I'm so happy that Lakers are in playoffs now. As I remember, I only blame Kobe for selfish playing, like taking almost every shot down the stretch in 4th qtr or shooting 28 shots while the best center in the league only shooting less than 10.
odom1year

Postby odom1year on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:00 pm

The Rock wrote:Must win game tomorrow vs Orlando, they do have a bunch of no-names who are playing well right now : Andrew Nicholson, Tobias Harris, Mo Harkless. Kobe vs Afflalo should be a good matchup. We need a big game from Dwight and the bench

It's an interesting night for D12.
odom1year

Postby kobebryant248 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:07 pm

sorry odom1year but the truth is the way you always post that you really hate kobe. so i don t believe you when you say you don t hate him. you posted so much crap over him even as we won and kobe played fantastic . but i guess it s in your name and you a secret clippers fan :man11:
kobebryant248

Postby odom1year on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:18 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Hmm you may have a point. I can see where one who knows nothing to little about the game would say that Kobe is "not" an MVP but I was positive that the majority of Lakers fans were knowledgable. No, Chillbongo I refuse to believe someone who apparently watches the Lakers would ever say or think such a thing. That would be like someone coming out with insider information that Lebron is going to sport the Andrew Bynum Afro next year. Crazy Talk!

Kobe's performance is at MVP level. No doubt. But his team record is not helping him any in the MVP race.

By the way, Kobe did not show up in big games. Let's try Lebron's case. Did Kobe play better than Lebron during LAL vs MIA matches ? Did Kobe beat Durant's Thunders in their home court ? Heats have the best record in the league and are so damn hot right now. To be honest, I can't find a single reason to backup Kobe for winning the MVP trophy.

For record wise, Clippers are a better team than Lakers, even Kobe has better teammates.

For my understanding, MVP race is not decided by one on one. Wilt' was not getting MVP in his 50 pts season though.
odom1year

Postby odom1year on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:24 pm

kobebryant248 wrote:sorry odom1year but the truth is the way you always post that you really hate kobe. so i don t believe you when you say you don t hate him. you posted so much crap over him even as we won and kobe played fantastic . but i guess it s in your name and you a secret clippers fan :man11:

Crap over Kobe even Lakers win and he played fantastic ?? I guess those games should be Kobe took a lots of shots and ignored team work.

As we know, Odom was Clippers rookie before. But I joined this forum at 2006. Can you suggest how Odom was related to Clippers at that point ? :man10:
odom1year

Postby JGC on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:08 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Chillbongo wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

Hmm you may have a point. I can see where one who knows nothing to little about the game would say that Kobe is "not" an MVP but I was positive that the majority of Lakers fans were knowledgable. No, Chillbongo I refuse to believe someone who apparently watches the Lakers would ever say or think such a thing. That would be like someone coming out with insider information that Lebron is going to sport the Andrew Bynum Afro next year. Crazy Talk!

The majority of Laker fans are knowledgable about Lakers basketball. Not about NBA basketball, per se. Huge, HUGE difference. And I think this is why you see much frustration and consternation about why Kobe won't get the MVP this year and that it can only be because of some worldwide conspiracy involving the NBA, media and the CIA. Anyone who understands NBA basketball has the benefit of context and so that angst is greatly alleviated.

Forgetting Kobe for a moment ... the likelihood of ANY player winning the NBA MVP, in a season with wins in the low 40s (or mid 40s at absolute best), in a season without having the the undisputed best stats across the board, is so rare if not unprecedented, that its occurrence could only be feasible as a result of a worldwide conspiracy involving the NBA, media and the CIA.

Now, whether he is your own personal MVP, that's a different story.
JGC

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:22 am

^^ Well written post, but there's an air of condescension that I find pretty disturbing. You are actually asserting that MOST Laker fans know little about basketball - only about the Lakers per se? I have never known that to be the case. In fact, I have found the exact opposite to be true in my experience. Most Laker fans I have met throughout my life have been passionate and knowledgeable about basketball. I'm sure there are some bandwagon fans of all teams who only care about their own favorite franchise and not the game itself, but again, I've found at least with Laker fans that they do care about basketball itself, watch other games, understand the rules and the general strategies, know some history, etc.

I feel like Paul Pierce just took over your typing fingers or something.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:05 am

I hope we don't fall too much into the " D12 is coming back to Orlando" hype as a team and keep playing as we did lately .... if D12 isn't doing much early on O ( I believe he's going to want to do too much which going to end in mixed results) , we need Kobe and Nash to be agressive in the 1st half ...

No time to waste in this game , it's a must win and we have a b2b to play
wcsoldier81

Postby JGC on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:14 am

Lakerjones wrote:^^ Well written post, but there's an air of condescension that I find pretty disturbing. You are actually asserting that MOST Laker fans know little about basketball - only about the Lakers per se? I have never known that to be the case. In fact, I have found the exact opposite to be true in my experience. Most Laker fans I have met throughout my life have been passionate and knowledgeable about basketball. I'm sure there are some bandwagon fans of all teams who only care about their own favorite franchise and not the game itself, but again, I've found at least with Laker fans that they do care about basketball itself, watch other games, understand the rules and the general strategies, know some history, etc.

I feel like Paul Pierce just took over your typing fingers or something.

Well, the reality is that most fans are casual fans let alone digestors (for lack of a better non-word) of NBA stats, history and information.

I don't believe most Laker fans, let alone any NBA team fans, can (at the drop of a hat) break down the merits and drawbacks of the contributions of the 15th man on the bench, or players signed to the respective D-League affiliate, with a comparable amount of knowledge as the 15th man on their own team's bench. Even the superfans in here, know a lot more about Jerome Jordan than they do players signed to other team's D-League affiliates. It's natural.

Having said that, there are some major exceptions in some cases where you really have guys that know it all. But those are rare. Let's be real, few people have the time to watch all teams games so they pick a team or two to follow and those are the teams they know best, sacrificing a more holistic, league-wide view of the NBA.
JGC

Postby therealdeal on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:31 am

:man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:36 am

^^ JGC, not sure where you live, but I live in LA and I can say that I am always amazed at how many knowledgeable and passionate fans there are in this city from all walks of life. It is so easy to talk basketball here. And for the most part they are fans of their team but also fans of the sport itself. Now all that stuff about 15th man and D-leagues and all that seem like minutiae to me. I don't know all of that either. I'm just saying from my experience growing up in this city, the basketball IQ is pretty high. I'm not talking about know it alls.

Regardless, you made an assertion that Laker fans aren't knowledgeable about basketball, and I can say from my own experience that I have found the exact opposite to be true.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion