The Rock wrote:Mark this one up to getting screwed by the refs
- 4 times Kobe attacked the basket and didn't get a foul call. You dont think Faried getting 3 fouls on him wouldn't make a difference? The dude outrebounded our PF 15-6. Kobe got hit in the face at the halftime buzzer mind you
- Howard got mugged 3 times inside
- Pau got pushed when Nash found him in the P & R roll for a layup (Faried got away with a foul)
- Gallinari got away with an up and under travel
- McGee got away with a travel on that play where Nash and Howard argued (its the same call that Howard was called for travel yesterday)
- Meeks attacked the basket hard on a drive and got mugged and pushed down by Brewer. No call
We would've won this game if it weren't for refs. It was quite demoralizing to watch this team try its hardest for 3 quarters and after Howard got ejected they just didnt exert more on Defense. Just frustration from lack of calls from 1st 3 Qs carried over to the 4th
We fought till the end, Kobe and Nash still have it. Metta and Pau battled till the end and Im very proud of it
considering its a back to back in Denver where teams rarely win we put in a winning effort in my opinion and got screwed.
I disagree. Officiating was terrible but to say "team try its hardest for 3 quarters and after Howard got ejected they just didnt exert more on Defense." makes it seem like you weren't watching. Don't mean to be agressive but c'mon now, we played TERRIBLE defense ALL game long. We gave up NINE offensive rebounds in the FIRST quarter, and that was with Howard.
This was probably our worst game defensively and it's a shame because I thought we played well on the other end, well enough to win confortably. I wasn't counting on a total no-show on the defensive end.
I get it, guys are tired, back-to-back, altitude, heavy minutes, old players... STILL I find this level of effort inexcusable.
Kobe said the team played "old", I thought the team played "old" but also lazy, desinterested, uninspired on D.
I think things will improve, I see us winning several games, but we need to really play with a higher sense of urgency in terms of effort and intensity.
A part of it is health and rest, a part of it is D'Antoni's playing time management, a part of it is schedule, but a big part of it is also intense vs lazy mentality. Urgency vs passivess