WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: Road Wins? Not Today (6-7)

Postby Pig Miller on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:52 pm

Mike D's point of "if you're the better team, you should create more possessions" only works if you are creating the type of possessions that use your strengths. in the case of this team, it's pounding the ball inside via kobe/dwight/pau.

this team is terrible ot watch right now, working way too hard for marginal shots.
Pig Miller

Postby lotus on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:53 pm

This roster is not going to work with this system. Nash better hurry back. If they still struggle when he comes back, then forget a championship run.
lotus

Postby noobiew on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Dwight & Gasol duo is a disaster waiting to happen and will not work (Just like Bynum & Gasol again), both are center you either trade one of them or bring one of them off from bench.

Dwight needs to play with a shooter or a stretch 4 to be successful, he is playing pretty sad at he moment.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby JLaker17 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:54 pm

The only time Pau is effective is when he wears the Spanin jersey. We shouldn't throw it outside or inside to him. His mid range seems more off than on, and in the post he can barely back down anyone anymore. These new negatives along with how he plays so soft with the horrible D makes him horrible.
JLaker17

Postby The Rock on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:56 pm

Weezy wrote:
The Rock wrote:How about we actually give credit where its due? Memphis is a helluva team. They're 8-2 or whatever for a reason, its hard to win there

- Dwight needs to play better. He will
- Kobe's shooting
- Refs

Im not too worried about this loss. We put up a fight and our bench played extremely well in a place thats hard to get wins right now

This is the WMC thread, people don't give credit in here, IF they do it's done elsewhere. I get what you're saying completely, but I have to laugh when people try to be reasonable in this thread, that's not what it's for, it's for whining, moaning, and complaining, really venting I'd say.

And to add to my earlier comment, I see little to no chemistry with this team. They don't seem like they get along a ton, or that they really like eachother, and right now it's showing in their play. You go back and watch our 2009 team play, that team loved playing together, even in losses they didn't get down on eachother, that team had big time chemistry.

Fair enough, not saying our team doesn't have issues but I just want people to understand its fixable and it was a rough place to try seek out a win tonight thats all. Dwight and Pau can play better and so can Kobe.

I think right now they're still trying to figure each other out. I have a lot of optimism as compared to 1-4 under Mike Brown after the Utah loss

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby trodgers on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:58 pm

Time to start counting eWins. I think we have 8 now. *Fist Pump*
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby JLaker17 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:58 pm

Trade Gasol for pieces, and start Jamison or new stretch 4 player. Problem solved
JLaker17

Postby thisbjgz on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:00 pm

While Gasol and Dwight were very disappointing, I can't let Kobe get away from not playing a lick of D. It's not really a coincidence that he lets his men light him up on a nightly basis, I'm just calling it what I see, not sure if i'm the only one. The only night it was Thorton/Salmons. Tonight it was Pondexter and Tony Allen. Like cmon Kobe, seriously. play some D.
thisbjgz

Postby noobiew on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Hey ! Our bench unit actually outplayed & outscored Grizz bench unit 30-23 in this game, how could this happen? :man12:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby trodgers on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Nah; Kobe needs to step it up on D for sure.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby JLaker17 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:02 pm

thisbjgz wrote:While Gasol and Dwight were very disappointing, I can't let Kobe get away from not playing a lick of D. It's not really a coincidence that he lets his men light him up on a nightly basis, I'm just calling it what I see, not sure if i'm the only one. The only night it was Thorton/Salmons. Tonight it was Pondexter and Tony Allen. Like cmon Kobe, seriously. play some D.

Yeah Kobe and D hasn't really been together this season.
JLaker17

Postby lakersin4 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:03 pm

JGC wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:Wouldn't be against Pau for stud SF/PF that can split the Marion role with Artest. Jamison to starting lineup unless we land a better stretch 4 for Pau. Hopefully a couple athletic role players in the package. With Kobe & Dwight, 2 true #1 options, we're better off with 2 players slightly below Pau's level than we are with Pau.

Regardless, things should get alot better once Nash returns. D'antoni has been pretty clear about putting the ball in his hands. I think he'll figure things out. It seems like Pringles wants changes though. You also have to consider Dwight's poor showings.. He's obviously not 100%, & once he is, we become a much different team. We'll be seeing the huge rebounding & block numbers every night. If he could just get back to hitting FT's the way he was, we could have won a few more games.

I wouldn't be against DJO for Lebron James either.

By why on god's green earth would a team give up "stud SF/PF" for Pau?!

Well, I also said a guy to play a role like Marion did for the Suns. Paul George comes to mind.. I like Granger too but I think George would be a better fit. Batum would be great too. Either guy along with some bench athletes that can shoot the 3. That's the direction we need to go in.
lakersin4

Postby trodgers on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:04 pm

Remember: salaries have to match.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby JGC on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:06 pm

lakersin4 wrote:
JGC wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:Wouldn't be against Pau for stud SF/PF that can split the Marion role with Artest. Jamison to starting lineup unless we land a better stretch 4 for Pau. Hopefully a couple athletic role players in the package. With Kobe & Dwight, 2 true #1 options, we're better off with 2 players slightly below Pau's level than we are with Pau.

Regardless, things should get alot better once Nash returns. D'antoni has been pretty clear about putting the ball in his hands. I think he'll figure things out. It seems like Pringles wants changes though. You also have to consider Dwight's poor showings.. He's obviously not 100%, & once he is, we become a much different team. We'll be seeing the huge rebounding & block numbers every night. If he could just get back to hitting FT's the way he was, we could have won a few more games.

Well, I also said a guy to play a role like Marion did for the Suns. Paul George comes to mind.. I like Granger too but I think George would be a better fit. Batum would be great too. Either guy along with some bench athletes that can shoot the 3. That's the direction we need to go in.

Paul George and Batum are not stud SF/PF though. But yeah, an athletic wing and a spacing 4 would be great. Why would ANY team want Pau Gasol right now?
JGC

Postby Punk-101 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:09 pm

JGC wrote: Why would ANY team want Pau Gasol right now?

He outplayed team USA by himself just a few months ago, so maybe he just needs a different role and change of scenery...

Maybe, just maybe if Mitch is a good enough salesman and a GM is enough of a sucker....

We can hope.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:10 pm

Nobody is giving up anything of value for Pau Gasol right now. Nobody is looking to help us. The ONLY reason somebody would take him is for his huge expiring contract, but I can't remember if it expires this offseason or next. Trying to find players teams would be willing to give that match Pau's salary would be extremely difficult, a bad contract would have to be taken back on our side to get anything worthwhile.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:10 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:We haven't beaten a single good team this year and haven't won on the road

That's just unacceptable. I don't know what it's going to take for this team to get it together

We beat Brooklyn. They are pretty good. Not elite though. The loss against the Spurs could've gone either way, we got hit with a GW 3.
But yeah, I see your point
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby JGC on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:11 pm

Weezy wrote:Nobody is giving up anything of value for Pau Gasol right now. Nobody is looking to help us. The ONLY reason somebody would take him is for his huge expiring contract, but I can't remember if it expires this offseason or next. Trying to find players teams would be willing to give that match Pau's salary would be extremely difficult, a bad contract would have to be taken back on our side to get anything worthwhile.

Next season.

People think this is fantasy basketball. SMH.
JGC

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:13 pm

JGC wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:
JGC wrote:

Paul George and Batum are not stud SF/PF though. But yeah, an athletic wing and a spacing 4 would be great. Why would ANY team want Pau Gasol right now?

the bobcats.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Finwë on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:14 pm

The Rock wrote:How about we actually give credit where its due? Memphis is a helluva team. They're 8-2 or whatever for a reason, its hard to win there

- Dwight needs to play better. He will
- Kobe's shooting
- Refs

Im not too worried about this loss. We put up a fight and our bench played extremely well in a place thats hard to get wins right now

#3 item had an important effect on #2

I'd add Pau's effory & play to that list

Memphis is LEGIT though. Let's not forget that they also blew out the Heat a couple of weeks ago. We got almost nothing from our bigs and Kobe shot like 7/23 yet the game was still within range for the most part.

We need to put it all together, instead of having great outings from 1-2 starters and s*** games from the other 3, or taking care of the ball but missing FTs, or making FTs but turning the ball over, or having the starters play well but the bench suck extra hard, etc. We need consistency in all fronts.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby lakersin4 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:20 pm

Have Dwight sit with an injury as many games as it takes to build up Pau's value. Or just tell Dwight spend all his energy on rebounding & playing D. Pau still has it in him to string together some nice games, we just can't be greedy, take the best offer we can get the next time his value is up. If given minutes at C in the right situation, I think people know Pau can put up 18-19 & 9 on good %'s. I'm fairly sure we can get a young athletic foward like George or Batum for him & swap some other pieces out. I can really see us going in that direction, since it's obvious Jamison/Hill can hold down PF & Jamison as the starter compliments Dwight more.
lakersin4

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:22 pm

JLaker17 wrote:
thisbjgz wrote:While Gasol and Dwight were very disappointing, I can't let Kobe get away from not playing a lick of D. It's not really a coincidence that he lets his men light him up on a nightly basis, I'm just calling it what I see, not sure if i'm the only one. The only night it was Thorton/Salmons. Tonight it was Pondexter and Tony Allen. Like cmon Kobe, seriously. play some D.

Yeah Kobe and D hasn't really been together this season.

Kobe's D was horrendous tonight. Simply horrendous.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby JGC on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:24 pm

lakersin4 wrote:Have Dwight sit with an injury as many games as it takes to build up Pau's value. Or just tell Dwight spend all his energy on rebounding & playing D. Pau still has it in him to string together some nice games, we just can't be greedy, take the best offer we can get the next time his value is up. If given minutes at C in the right situation, I think people know Pau can put up 18-19 & 9 on good %'s. I'm fairly sure we can get a young athletic foward like George or Batum for him & swap some other pieces out. I can really see us going in that direction, since it's obvious Jamison/Hill can hold down PF & Jamison as the starter compliments Dwight more.

Why do I get the sense the only reason you think Pau can put up 18/9 on a good percentage is because you're trying to sell? You're like that guy in fantasy that tries to pawn off a guy who sucks! Haha.

I don't really see Pau fitting in anywhere with maybe the exception of San Antonio.
JGC

Postby kobe_008 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:35 pm

WMC Faker fans just too many for my taste
kobe_008

Postby lakersin4 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:00 pm

JGC wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:Have Dwight sit with an injury as many games as it takes to build up Pau's value. Or just tell Dwight spend all his energy on rebounding & playing D. Pau still has it in him to string together some nice games, we just can't be greedy, take the best offer we can get the next time his value is up. If given minutes at C in the right situation, I think people know Pau can put up 18-19 & 9 on good %'s. I'm fairly sure we can get a young athletic foward like George or Batum for him & swap some other pieces out. I can really see us going in that direction, since it's obvious Jamison/Hill can hold down PF & Jamison as the starter compliments Dwight more.

Why do I get the sense the only reason you think Pau can put up 18/9 on a good percentage is because you're trying to sell? You're like that guy in fantasy that tries to pawn off a guy who sucks! Haha.

I don't really see Pau fitting in anywhere with maybe the exception of San Antonio.

I could see a swap for Batum working for Portland if they feel like they can win now. Him & LMA would make a beastly frontcourt where Pau could be the main post option. Indiana works if they can get something good for West. Pau hasn't fallen off that much, I don't see why him putting up his normal numbers is such a stretch for you, especially on any team willing to make him their main post player.
lakersin4

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion