WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: Oh NO we suck again (6-6)

Postby Showtime'sDynasty on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:30 pm

Roster "tweaks" are a must. Kobe, Dwight, Nash, MWP, Meeks, and Jamison are the only ones I would keep.
Showtime'sDynasty

Re: WMC 12/13: Road Wins? Not Today (6-7)

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:31 pm

I don't know what to say about this team. Thought the trash basketball was behind them, but they don't look any better. Honestly not sure what is going on
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby noobiew on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:32 pm

Pau Gasol is bad, really bad, no joke.

Jamison defended Z-Bo better than Pau smh (Just look at Zach production in the first half compare to the 2nd half)
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby DarthRekal on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:32 pm

fkmikebrown hasnt changed his name to fkpaugasol yet :bang:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:32 pm

bring back bickerstaff as head coach
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby JGC on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:32 pm

Oh well. You know it's a loss tomorrow.

Not only are we on the road, but we'll be "tired".
JGC

Postby DarthRekal on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:33 pm

JGC wrote:Oh well. You know it's a loss tomorrow.

Not only are we on the road, but we'll be "tired".

YUP!.. and cuban and the mavs hate us.. so they play us TOUGH too
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:34 pm

Kobe will get us through tomorrow. :bow:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby JGC on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:35 pm

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Kobe will get us through tomorrow. :bow:

Which is exactly why this team SUCKS.
JGC

Postby dak22 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:38 pm

For a guy who supposedly "brings it every night", thats 2 games in a row dwight howard has had poor effort. I can excuse it in the middle of the season, but this early? I find that a bit troubling especially considering his history.

Being at 80% should not be an excuse for the kind of effort Howard displayed these last two games. It's like Bynum never left in some cases.
dak22

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:40 pm

Chemistry looked to be building in that Houston game, since then, I have seen NONE. We squeaked by Brooklyn at home with an awful 4th quarter, and we got pretty much beat down by the Queens and Grizzlies. I'm not going to panic after 3 games with 'Antoni, Nash is still not back, but this team with Kobe, Dwight, Pau, MWP, and Jamison should STILL be good enough to beat most teams. I don't see a culture change REALLY taking place here, we look pretty much like we did under Brown, can't help having thoughts of "what if they'd just hired Phil" in the back of my mind, someone that commands respect . What I'm seeing is Kobe having to do too much, Pau disinterested in playing NBA ball, and Dwight looking like he doesn't even want to be here, we miiight have hired the wrong coach to try and keep Dwight with.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:40 pm

We haven't beaten a single good team this year and haven't won on the road

That's just unacceptable. I don't know what it's going to take for this team to get it together
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby JGC on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:40 pm

dak22 wrote:For a guy who supposedly "brings it every night", thats 2 games in a row dwight howard has had poor effort. I can excuse it in the middle of the season, but this early? I find that a bit troubling especially considering his history.

Being at 80% should not be an excuse for the kind of effort Howard displayed these last two games. It's like Bynum never left in some cases.

Which is exactly what many people in here were saying. Bigs can't get themselves going. The smalls have to get the bigs going.

And we don't do that. At all.

In fact, I might say we are currently, the worst team in the NBA at getting our bigs involved. And that's insane when you consider who we have.
JGC

Postby Forward Three on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:41 pm

The Lakers clearly are not playing elite basketball anymore, the question is whether or not they can raise their game, every loss like this one really puts that in doubt for me though. Sucks to see Kobe have a stinker fg% especially after shooting the ball so well otherwise this season, but it was the defense, yet again, that sunk this team. Pau is acting more like a valet for the opposing team on their trip to the basket than a bouncer. Dwight's effort is also pretty inexcusable. I understand he's still hampered from his surgery and all, but was he always so one-dimensional that losing a step athletically makes him a scrub all of a sudden? He's the last player on the team who is supposed to demonstrate lack of effort, he's only 26 years old fercrissakes!
Forward Three

Postby JLaker17 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:43 pm

I think Jamison fits better with the system and our starters over Pau.
JLaker17

Postby Aonex on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:43 pm

Well, to be fair, Memphis is top 4 team in the West and a honest to goodness contender. This is why games like the one the other night against Sacramento are so infuriating.
Last edited by Aonex on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby The Rock on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:43 pm

How about we actually give credit where its due? Memphis is a helluva team. They're 8-2 or whatever for a reason, its hard to win there

- Dwight needs to play better. He will
- Kobe's shooting
- Refs

Im not too worried about this loss. We put up a fight and our bench played extremely well in a place thats hard to get wins right now

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby JGC on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:44 pm

JLaker17 wrote:I think Jamison fits better with the system and our starters over Pau.

And that might be like spraying febreze on a huge steaming pile of diarreah.
JGC

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:44 pm

Pau has been done competitively for 2 years now. The team was fair to him, not assessing him until MB left, but now it's clear that he needs to go. MDA benched Pau tonight, and said that if guys can't run, then we need to find guys that can. I say that's pretty clear that Pau is finally on the block.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby JGC on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:46 pm

The Rock wrote:How about we actually give credit where its due? Memphis is a helluva team. They're 8-2 or whatever for a reason, its hard to win there

- Kobe's shooting
- Refs

Im not too worried about this loss. We put up a fight and our bench played extremely well in a place thats hard to get wins right now

Well, nothing to worry about because this loss doesn't represent a negative shift or trend in our play. It just ... represented our play.

And that is ... good enough to beat doormats at home, but not good enough to beat solid teams at home or most teams on the road.
JGC

Postby lakersin4 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:47 pm

Wouldn't be against Pau for stud SF/PF that can split the Marion role with Artest. Jamison to starting lineup unless we land a better stretch 4 for Pau. Hopefully a couple athletic role players in the package. With Kobe & Dwight, 2 true #1 options, we're better off with 2 players slightly below Pau's level than we are with Pau.

Regardless, things should get alot better once Nash returns. D'antoni has been pretty clear about putting the ball in his hands. I think he'll figure things out. It seems like Pringles wants changes though. You also have to consider Dwight's poor showings.. He's obviously not 100%, & once he is, we become a much different team. We'll be seeing the huge rebounding & block numbers every night. If he could just get back to hitting FT's the way he was, we could have won a few more games.
lakersin4

Postby JGC on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:48 pm

lakersin4 wrote:Wouldn't be against Pau for stud SF/PF that can split the Marion role with Artest. Jamison to starting lineup unless we land a better stretch 4 for Pau. Hopefully a couple athletic role players in the package. With Kobe & Dwight, 2 true #1 options, we're better off with 2 players slightly below Pau's level than we are with Pau.

Regardless, things should get alot better once Nash returns. D'antoni has been pretty clear about putting the ball in his hands. I think he'll figure things out. It seems like Pringles wants changes though. You also have to consider Dwight's poor showings.. He's obviously not 100%, & once he is, we become a much different team. We'll be seeing the huge rebounding & block numbers every night. If he could just get back to hitting FT's the way he was, we could have won a few more games.

I wouldn't be against DJO for Lebron James either.

By why on god's green earth would a team give up "stud SF/PF" for Pau?!
JGC

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:49 pm

The Rock wrote:How about we actually give credit where its due? Memphis is a helluva team. They're 8-2 or whatever for a reason, its hard to win there

- Kobe's shooting
- Refs

This is the WMC thread, people don't give credit in here, IF they do it's done elsewhere. I get what you're saying completely, but I have to laugh when people try to be reasonable in this thread, that's not what it's for, it's for whining, moaning, and complaining, really venting I'd say.

And to add to my earlier comment, I see little to no chemistry with this team. They don't seem like they get along a ton, or that they really like eachother, and right now it's showing in their play. You go back and watch our 2009 team play, that team loved playing together, even in losses they didn't get down on eachother, that team had big time chemistry.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby cthroatgtr on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:51 pm

Its simple here...Pau is sucking badly...when he sucks...Dwight sucks...then the team sucks...really the one good thing was 3pt shooting...but it ultimately was the end as well.
cthroatgtr

Postby JGC on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:51 pm

Weezy wrote:

- Kobe's shooting
- Refs

This is the WMC thread, people don't give credit in here, IF they do it's done elsewhere. I get what you're saying completely, but I have to laugh when people try to be reasonable in this thread, that's not what it's for, it's for whining, moaning, and complaining, really venting I'd say.

And to add to my earlier comment, I see little to no chemistry with this team. They don't seem like they get along a ton, or that they really like eachother, and right now it's showing in their play. You go back and watch our 2009 team play, that team loved playing together, even in losses they didn't get down on eachother, that team had big time chemistry.

So very true. What a shame.

It all looked so good on paper. I am more concerned about losing Dwight now than anything else.
JGC

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion